one

Two Week Notice

“Everybody lay down in protest!” Baekhyun loudly shouts which earns him a fit of laughter from the construction workers. He, along with Jongin and Kyungsoo, are trying to save the community center they’ve been sincerely helping in.

Earlier this morning, when Baekhyun was on his way after buying breakfast for himself, he saw some bulky men with trucks in front of his precious building. Quickly thinking the worst, he immediately dialed up his two friends’ numbers and prepared everything to protest.

And boy was he right.

When he came back to that community center, Jongin and Kyungsoo trailing behind, they saw a heavy looking ball hanging from one of the trucks’ trunk—wait, trucks don’t have trunk, but yeah whatever—ready to be swayed and break the building down.

“I’ve been volunteering in this community center for years, dude! I won’t easily let you destroy this building!” Baekhyun crosses his arms on his chest, trying to look intimidating but what he does not know is that his face is fuming cutely like a mad puppy instead.

The man with the most muscular body snickers. “You guys better go away! That, or the three of you die.”

Baekhyun ignores him, though, and proceeds to handing Kyungsoo and Jongin their sunblock, goggles, and mats to lay down. After the three of them are flat on the road, he takes a deep breath. “Jongin! Kyungsoo! Lock arms!”

“I’m not feeling great about this,” Kyungsoo whispers, squeezing his doe-eyes shut after having his arms locked with the two men on his sides.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Have a little faith, please. We’ll win for sure.”

Seconds pass by and if Baekhyun is being honest, he himself is scared of what may happen to him, to his friends. Those construction workers may have no mercy to run their trucks over their bodies. Who knows, right?

So when Jongin suddenly blurts out “Kyungsoo, would you marry me?” and the boy in question stares at the former for maybe six seconds—no, Baekhyun is not counting—before replying with “Really?! OH MY GOD! YEAH!”, Baekhyun feels a little calm. At least his friends are able to have some happy time before they die—

“Oh ,” is all Baekhyun can say when he hears his friends on each other’s lips while their arms are still linked. He has to bear that awkward moment for a while before realizing that no more sound of the trucks’ engine is heard. “Hey, guys! They stopped! There’s justice in the world!”

Baekhyun squeals in victory and Kyungsoo continues his intimate moment with his soon-to-be husband but it all has to stop when they heard sirens—police sirens.


“Why don’t people listen to me?” Baekhyun asks as he walks out of the police station with Yixing and Jongdae, his dear cousins. It is such a relief that money is never a problem to his cousins, so no wonder they bailed Baekhyun off just like that. “I swear I’ve said it way too many times. That community center is important. There are so many grandpas and grandmas living there! And those orphans, too! But why did those people, those people with overpriced silk neckties, want to destroy it just to build a stupid hotel that connects to an equally stupid mall?!”

“B, listen. Park Corporation isn’t people. It’s a heartless profit machine and it’s getting worse,” Jongdae lifts up a magazine with the face of Park Corporation’s CEO on the cover. The handsome, charming CEO who is close to perfection appearance-wise. “This person is the one you should blame on. He’s the CEO of Park Corporation who is in need of a new assistant to help him for his next plan.”

Baekhyun innocently arches his eyebrows. “What plan?”

“Where have you been, princess?!” Jongdae dramatically sighs. “Luhan’s community center in Jeju Island is also in danger. Park Corporation wants it to be one luxurious resort because they’ve got the supporting data that Luhan’s community center doesn’t have enough funds anymore.”

“Wait a minute!”  Baekhyun widens his eyes. “WAIT A MINUTE! Luhan’s community center! The very first community center built in South Korea!”

“That’s right, Baekhyun,” Yixing says. “Luhan called me a few days ago and he cried so hard I barely caught what he was saying although it was in Chinese, not Korean.”

“So, Byun Baekhyun, if you want to save Luhan’s community center, applying for that assistant thingy will do. That way, you’ll be able to doctrine that handsome, giant CEO to not turn Luhan’s community center into something profitable for his company.”

Baekhyun scoffs because as long as he remembers, Jongdae barely uses that particular adjective. “Did you just call that CEO handsome?”

“Well, duh, are you ing blind?” Jongdae asks before shoving the magazine in his hand to Baekhyun’s face.


“So, everyone, let’s have a wonderful party tonight!” Chanyeol smiles to the whole room before stepping down the stage to greet some of his colleagues. The Gala has officially started and as a CEO of Park Corporation, he should make sure that he maintains a good relationship with everyone in the business, or else his father will have his neck.

“Mr. Park!” a feminine voice calls from behind and when Chanyeol turns around, he’s met with a charming lady named—, he doesn’t remember her name. “I’m Tiffany, from GG Magazine.”

“Oh, hi, Tiff! How’s life?” Chanyeol tries to be friendly as usual, even though he’s sure Tiffany knows he forgot her name. It is not a secret that he forgets names easily.

“Same old,” Tiffany giggles and thanks Chanyeol for the champagne the CEO got for her. “Anyway, Mr. Park, I have someone who really wants to meet you. So if you’re willing to spare your limited time…”

People in each Gala are always like this to Chanyeol; they’ll say they have someone for him to meet and it always turns out to be ladies in too tight dresses with heavy make-ups. Chanyeol mentally groans but he puts on a pleased mask, of course. He cannot just ruin his reputation, can he? “Sure.”

“Great! Follow me!” Tiffany excitedly says and leads the way to somewhere near the entrance. She taps someone’s shoulder and when that person turns around, Chanyeol is sort of stunned because God must have played favorites before He created humans—this lady is a goddess for sausage’s sake! Tiffany surely doesn’t miss the way Chanyeol stares at her best friend. “This gorgeous lady is Sulli. She’s my best friend, Mr. Park. She graduated from Seoul National Law School and I assure you she’s the best, like best of the best candidate to be your assistant. She won’t disappoint you.”

“Hello, Mr. Park,” Sulli greets with a shy smile. She holds her pretty hand out for a handshake and when Chanyeol does that, there a small blush on her cheeks. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“I can say the same to you, pretty lady,” Chanyeol flashes his practiced charming smile because he knows, oh he perfectly knows, that it kills women. “Well, if you want to apply for that position, please prepare your CV and come to my office in two days. As much as I want to hire you right here and now, I can’t. There’s a regulation you must follow.”

“That’s fine!” Sulli beams up in disbelief. “Thank you!”

“Well, if that’s all, I’d like to excuse myself. I have hundreds of colleagues to meet in this Gala,” Chanyeol politely bows a little to the ladies and walks away to do what he has just said. A gorgeous assistant to catch those ert-minded investors. Sounds great.


Baekhyun impatiently taps his foot while occasionally glances at his watch. He’s done everything a nervous man will do—biting his lip, checking his appearance in the mirror, looking around searching for nothing in particular, and so on. After thinking for a whole night, he has decided to do Jongdae’s suggestion.

He is now standing in front of Park Corporation building, waiting for the most-talked-by-Seoul-citizen CEO to come out so he can introduce himself and apply for that assistant position. Yes, he can just go inside and hands his CV to the ladies in the front desk, but the reason he’s waiting outside is because he wants to persistently convince that CEO to pick him to be the assistant.

And after about two hours of standing, Baekhyun finally sees the man he’s been waiting for. The handsome CEO is walking to a sleek BMW that’s been waiting in front of the building even before Baekhyun came. “Mr. Park! Mr. Park!”

Chanyeol just keeps walking while talking on the phone.

“Mr. Park!” Baekhyun has no choice other than grabs Chanyeol’s wrist and tugs at it. It’s such a bad timing that when he pouts because he thinks the CEO is purposely ignoring him, the tall man suddenly turns around. Baekhyun immediately grins and bows politely, hiding the fact that he's a bit intimidated at the latter's height. “Good morning, Mr. Park. I’m Byun Baekhyun. I’m an attorney. I want to apply for that assistant positi—”

“Have you ever heard of Seoul National Law School?” Chanyeol ends his call and resumes his walk along with Baekhyun whose hand is still on his wrist. From afar, it looks like Chanyeol is dragging Baekhyun.

“Erm, no. But I studied in Harvard,” Baekhyun quickly states after seeing the other roll his eyes. “Not the best graduate but at least I was in the top ten graduate list. Number 4!”

“Fine. Tell me your educational background completely,” Chanyeol barely believes in what strangers say about themselves in the first meeting, especially if it’s about education. He’s seen bunch of job seekers who duplicates their education certificates just for a job in his company. As he listens to Baekhyun’s explanation, he realizes something. “Wait a minute. You’re Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun! The one who protested—”

“Yeah yeah, that’s me,” now it’s time for Baekhyun to roll his eyes. “But, Mr. Park, I hope you’ll be professional enough to ignore that fact and please accept me—”

“Mr. Park!” a man in a burgundy shirt comes running up to Chanyeol, a phone with on-hold call in his hand. “I need some of your words for SM Magazine. They’re putting an article about you entitled The Most Successful Young CEO in Asia and they need some quotes from you, like, from your own voice. They’ve been calling since the moment you started the meeting earlier and they said they will write bad things about you if you refuse to give some quotes.”

“Get someone to do that for me,” Chanyeol simply says before noticing the phone in his employee’s hand which has ‘SM Magz’ as the caller ID and remembering the words 'your own voice'. “Oh crap.”

“Please, Mr. Park. Be quick.”

“Let me think for a while!” Chanyeol panics, puffing his left cheek and furrowing his forehead in deep concentration. He needs to attend a meeting with Wu Corporation in fifteen minutes and if he doesn’t find anything to say soon, he surely will be late. Clenching his fists, he inwardly scolds himself for suddenly not being able to think like now.

Baekhyun sincerely feels bad for the situation Chanyeol is in although he clearly isn't involved in this one, but he still thinks he can do something about it. Leaning closer to the latter’s ear, he whispers his words out. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. In order to success, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. In order to success, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure,” Chanyeol repeats in reflex after his employee unholds the call and puts it on speaker. He looks at Baekhyun in amusement and is about to mouth his thank you when—

“Success isn’t final and failure isn’t fatal; it’s the courage to continue that counts. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have been thrown at him,” Baekhyun finishes with a small smile at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol repeats it on the phone and after the caller thanks him, he looks at his employee who has his mouth widely open at Baekhyun. He snaps his fingers in front of his employee’s face. “Get back to work, Mr. Oh.”

“Ah—yes! Yes, Mr. Park!”

When Mr. Oh is finally gone, Chanyeol fully turns his body to face Baekhyun. He genuinely smiles at the smaller man for his help. “That was awesome. Great words.”

“You look cute when you’re stressed out like that, Mr. Park,” Baekhyun softly laughs. He then remembers about his intention to meet the CEO. “So, about that position to be your assist—”

“You’re hired,” Chanyeol cuts him off. “Well, Mr. Byun, I need to attend this meeting with Wu Corporation so if you have a paper and a pen—”

Baekhyun pulls them out from his postman bag in record time.

“I’ll just write a notification with my signature and please meet Ms. Jung on the fifth floor and give this to her and you’re ready to work starting tomorrow! I'll call her as well after the meeting with Wu Corporation,” Chanyeol finishes talking the moment he finishes writing. He hands the items back to Baekhyun and pats the latter’s head. “I gotta go. Be here at eight in the morning tomorrow, Mr. Byun.”

Baekhyun is left speechless as he watches Chanyeol get into his car and drives off. No, not because he gets the job like what he’s planned but because the butterflies in his stomach have come to live again after hibernating for almost four years.

And he dislikes it.


“So, how did it go, Baek?” Yixing asks when the two of them are having dinner at a small Italian restaurant. “Did you or did you not get the job?”

Baekhyun chews on his pizza and swallows it properly before answering. “It was all good. Gonna start working tomorrow.”

“Seriously?!” Yixing looks like Baekhyun has just said that people can give birth to unicorns. “Did you exaggerate about your educational background? Did you say you graduated from Harvard?”

“I did tell him about graduating from Harvard,” Baekhyun sips on his cola and burps. “But that’s not what made him hire me.”

Zhang Yixing with two strings of spaghetti hanging from the corner of his mouth is illegal to see. “Huh?”

“I think he hired me because I helped him in thinking about some quotes for a magazine. Yeah, something like that.”

“What?”

Baekhyun sighs. Remembering about that first meeting with Park Corporation’s CEO gives this unpleasant feeling in his heart, especially at the part where the taller man patted his head. “Let’s just forget it. What matters right now is the fact that I don’t have enough nice shirts to wear for work.”

Yixing clasps his hands together with shining eyes. “Shopping time!”


Baekhyun scans the whole room before spotting Chanyeol near Sehun’s cubicle, talking with an employee. Without thinking much, he dashes up to his new boss. “Mr. Park, can I please talk to you for a minute?”

Chanyeol quickly signs the paper in the hand of the employee he’s been talking with as a signal for him to go.

“So, I’ve been going through Lee Corporation’s financial report last year and I can say this will bring advantages to us if you buy at least 60% of their share. When you have time today, please think about it and I’ll just be outside of your office if you need me to call them,” Baekhyun's words fly out of his mouth in light speed.

“Very very good, Mr. Byun,” Chanyeol pats Baekhyun’s back even though he can't really catch those high-speed words.

This is Baekhyun’s fifth day of work and within those days, the smaller man has managed to bring more investors to Park Corporation and got two small companies with Park Corporation as their biggest shareholder. Baekhyun is a really hardworker, Chanyeol admits, and never once in his life did he meet someone as dedicated to their job as the shorter man.

“Okay. I’ll go check Lee Corporation’s financial report once again to make sure, then,” Baekhyun has just taken two steps when the tall CEO grabs his hand. “Yes, Mr. Park?”

“Umm, may I ask you something?” Chanyeol hesitates for a while because he knows this is stupid but he really needs Baekhyun’s opinion. He lifts two white envelopes up, one in each of his hand, and slightly waves them. “Which one of these do you prefer?”

Baekhyun’s face falls. He’s in a hurry—heck, he isn’t finished reading Nam Corporation’s company profile, too, and there are still many tasks to do—and the giant in front of him is asking him about envelopes right now?

“It’s for my personal stationary, Mr. Byun. Please help me~”

And that little pout Chanyeol is giving him wakes the butterflies in Baekhyun’s stomach up. He silently gulps, trying to tame down those actively flying butterfly. “T—That’s a tricky question, I think, because they look exactly the same to me.”

“No,” Chanyeol waves the envelope in his left hand with an excited expression like a child. “This one is made from—”

“Okay okay,” although there's a problem in the form of weird feeling in his stomach, Baekhyun isn’t one who never puts logic in his words. “Ignoring the fact that useful trees in the forests are cut just to make these unrecyclable envelopes, I’ll say it’s…”

Chanyeol raises his eyebrows as he sees his new assistant observing the envelopes in his hands. He’s about to ask again when suddenly Baekhyun grabs his wrists and brings the envelopes closer to him. He the lid of the envelope in the taller man’s right hand before doing the same to the left one.

“This one, Mr. Park. This tastes better,” Baekhyun casually says, pointing at his boss’ right hand.

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun as if the smaller man has gone crazy. Then, he hesitantly both envelopes as well, tasting them. “Wow. I’ve asked 30 people that question and you’re the only one who came up with that answer.”

In his head, Baekhyun punches Chanyeol for his stupidity.

“I’ll buy you a big apartment tonight,” Chanyeol says before slightly ruffles Baekhyun’s soft brown locks, ignoring the latter’s shouts of ‘no’.


“Very firm,” Baekhyun comments in a straight face after throwing his body on the big mattress in a store Chanyeol has dragged him to. It’s his eighth day of work and Chanyeol asked him to accompany him to an important event after lunch when he came to his office this morning.

Choosing a new mattress for Chanyeol's apartment is the important event.

The lanky CEO follows him on the bed, bouncing a bit. “But isn’t this too firm? You know, some of the experts have debated about the optimum level of mattress tension. What do you think?”

“Well, if you really want to know, the firmer the mattress, the more pressure on the—”

Chanyeol just grins as he covers Baekhyun’s mouth with his large hand while hovering above his new assistant. “Okay, Baek. Stop with your random fact.”

Baekhyun’s eyes dilate at the closeness of their faces and this time the butterflies in his stomach are calm but his heart is a different case. It’s thumping so hard that Baekhyun personally thinks he can hear it. What’s more, Chanyeol has just called him ‘Baek’, not ‘Mr. Byun’ like how he usually does. However, Baekhyun doesn't exactly remember when 'Mr. Park' and 'Mr. Byun' become 'Chanyeol' and 'Baekhyun', even when they're in the office. “Did you just give me a nickname? Baek?”

“Yes! Baek Baek Baek! That sounds nice, don’t you think?” Chanyeol playfully pinches Baekhyun’s nose before pulling away and bounces his body on the mattress like a child. “Have a bounce!”

Baekhyun contemplates whether he should go ask Kyungsoo about the feeling he’s experiencing right now because he absolutely doesn’t know what it is.

And he still dislikes it.


Chanyeol is turning a calm Baekhyun into a stressful Baekhyun day by day.


Demanding ringtones disturb Baekhyun’s good night sleep and he reluctantly grabs his iPhone on the bedside table. He squints his eyes to see the caller ID, ready to curse whoever is calling him right now, be it Kyungsoo or— “Chanyeol?!”

“Ah, yes. I’m glad you’re up, Baek! I didn’t want to wake you up.”

“, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun tiredly says, not caring how he talks to his new boss. He has just finished making the slides for his presentation tomorrow about why the community center in Jeju Island won't give profit as much as the company thinks, like, thirty minutes ago. Looking at the digital clock in his iPhone, he heaves a sigh. “It’s freaking three in the morning. What do you need?”

“I just wanted to hear your voice,” Baekhyun swear he can imagine the man on the other line pouting right now from his tone. “I didn’t see you a whole day.”

“That’s because I was busy arranging meetings, including the one with your wife and her lawyer tomorrow, and you were busy doing—yeah whatever it was that you were doing,” Baekhyun rolls on his side and puts the phone in between his ear and pillow, listening to the noises in the background. He sleepily yawns. “Are you in a club?”

“Yeap. With a y lady in front of me. Her s are no joke, Baek. You seriously need to see them. And the best vodka in Korea is served here!”

Oh, if only Baekhyun could smack Chanyeol’s face with his pillow right now. “Then just talk to her! You may get laid tonight as well. You've heard my voice, too.”

“Baek, you know the reason why I want a divorce with Dara. I’m not interested in ladies,” there’s a sudden change in Chanyeol’s tone. “And I don’t like talking with someone who isn’t as smart as you. Waste of time.”

Baekhyun feels slightly guilty for bringing that topic about Dara up. Yes he knows Chanyeol is gay, that’s why his new boss can’t stand living together with Dara anymore. Baekhyun didn’t ask why he married Dara in the first place, but he guesses it has something to do with parents and all their denials in homophobic thingy. The fact that Chanyeol is a successful CEO only makes this more complicated.

A well-known CEO like Chanyeol is a public figure people always look up to everyday and, thus, a sudden divorcement with his wife will be a big news, of course. Moreover, the problem is not only that. Park Chanyeol is indeed an ordinary man who hopes for freedom for himself; he wants to be able to be with someone he truly loves. And with the current situation that Dara hasn't yet agreed to their divorcement, that freedom he's been dreaming of seems so far away.

During their second lunch together, Chanyeol told him he needed Baekhyun’s help in fixing his divorcement with Dara. Baekhyun gave no question about that and just agreed to him, because he knew that if Chanyeol kept living with Dara in a marriage, that’d just hurt both of them. And he hated seeing people hurt—the reason why he volunteered at community center.

“Fine, Chanyeol. Now that you’re finally talking to me, what do you want us to talk about, hm?”

“Nothing, Baek. I just missed you; that’s all.”

“Yeah yeah,” Baekhyun replies. Maybe the butterflies in his stomach are sleeping right now, there’s nothing unpleasant other than his crazy heartbeat. That’s because his lack of sleep, perhaps?

“Oh! You need to sleep now or else you’ll be a walking zombie tomor—no no, this morning.”

Baekhyun yawns widely. His boss is a real definition of crazy man. “Okay. Bye, Chanyeol.”

“Sleep tight, Baekby. Good mornight.”

Baekhyun dreams about Chanyeol that night.


Baekhyun plays with his pen as he waits for Chanyeol to come. In front of him, Dara and her lawyer are looking at him in pure hatred as if he was the cause of poverty in all over the world. Baekhyun nervously chuckles. “I’m sure he’ll be here in any minute. Does anyone have Diet Coke? I'm kind of thirsty.”

Just then the door to Dara’s office opens and comes in a sleepy-yet-still-breathtakingly-handsome Park Chanyeol. Once Baekhyun comes into his sight, he rushes over to sit next to his new assistant. “Sorry, everybody. Did I miss anything?”

“Check with me before you talk,” Baekhyun calmly says in between gritted teeth.

Not wasting any more time, Dara’s lawyer starts the meeting and hands the copy of the agreement paper to Baekhyun. They go from point one to four in peace, but when it reaches the fifth point about the allowance money Chanyeol should give to Dara for the first eight months after their divorcement, everything goes uncontrolled. Dara’s lawyer says that Chanyeol should just do it because it’s his fault that they have to divorce but then Baekhyun says it’s not. The argument goes on and on, with even Baekhyun’s gayness being talked.

Chanyeol can’t stand it anymore, not when they insult Baekhyun like that, so he just agrees to that fifth point, adding that he’ll even buy Dara a new apartment—bigger and definitely more expensive than the one they share now—and a new car. Baekhyun looks at him in disbelief but then Chanyeol says he'll only do that if he is freed from the other points, making the former smile because for once Chanyeol is finally smart.

Dara scoffs and examines her pretty nail arts. “You, Mr. Byun, are one of Chanyeol’s stupid bimbos.”

“Watch your words, Dara!” if not for Baekhyun’s hand grabbing his, Chanyeol'd have let all his anger our out on that tiny woman. “Baekhyun is male and he’s far from stupid. Mind you.”

A sudden splash of water on his face from Dara never crossed Baekhyun’s mind before.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Chanyeol yells at Dara, having enough of her craziness. He’s ready to tackle that woman on the floor and maybe bind her wrists together with a tape but then he hears Baekhyun wince.

“Ouch. It’s up my nose and hurts my eyes,” Baekhyun tries to rub his eyes but Chanyeol stops him. “Chanyeol, it hurts.”

“Don’t panic, Baek. It’s just water. Don’t rub your eyes and nose with your hands, okay,” Chanyeol lets go of the smaller man’s hands and pulls out his handkerchief from his back pocket. “Okay, I know you’re hygienist and I assure you this handkerchief of mine is extremely clean and I’m going to wipe the water away—”

“Just be quick! My nose feels weird.”

After wiping Baekhyun’s face dry, Chanyeol covers the shorter man’s nose. “You may blow, Baekkie.”

“Okay,” Baekhyun does what he’s told. “Thank you.”

“Good,” Chanyeol throws his handkerchief into the dustbin and signs the paper, dragging a wet Baekhyun out of Dara’s office and ignoring Dara's shouts of profanities at them.

 

 

“Your wife is seriously a crazy lady, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun huffs as he looks over tens of suits in a rack. Both of them are in Chanyeol's favorite clothing store and Baekhyun was only previously told that they'd meet up an investor, that's why he was willing to accompany his now-single boss even in wet shirt. Well, investor from clothing store? “Where the hell did she study?”

“That… I never asked. And please, she’s not my wife anymore, thanks to you~” Chanyeol grins. Grabbing a belt that catches his eyes, he quickly turns Baekhyun around. “What do you think about this belt?”

To say that Baekhyun is upset is an understatement; he’s beyond raging right now. Although he’s not married to a woman—he’s not yet married, duh—he doesn’t think he’d be able to handle a divorcement issue as easy as Chanyeol did.

Baekhyun sighs. The man in front of him may be the most successful young CEO in Asia but he doubts everyone knows that Park Chanyeol indeed has the mental age of six year old. “I don’t care about the belt.”

Chanyeol blinks twice. “You’re upset.”

“I’m not.”

“You’re upset about my divorcement issue!”

“I’m an attorney, Mr. Park,” Baekhyun forces a way-too-fake smile. He puts down two pairs of trousers he has chosen for his new boss on the cashier table. “I’m not supposed to be upset to my client.”

Chanyeol hands the cashier his credit card. “Yes yes, you’re the best attorney in the world.”

“Aw, thanks. So let me ask you something, Park Chanyeol. I’m an attorney who is now your assistant, why in the world am I here right now helping you to choose clothes and belts and... EVERYTHING?!” Baekhyun angrily snatches the paper bags from the cashier which has the CEO’s purchase in them and starts walking out of the clothing store. “My lecturers in Harvard told me that attorneys should be treated with respect. Do you even know what respect is?”

Chanyeol runs after his new assistant and grabs his wrist, stopping him. “I know! I do know that! R-e-s-p-e-c-t.”

Baekhyun’s jaw drops. So before he explodes, he shoves the paper bags in Chanyeol’s arms and goes home straight with a bus.


“Ladies and gentleman, we all are gathered here to bind Jongin and Kyungsoo together in a marriage in this beautiful, blessed day,” the pastor smiles up. “Here they’ll claim their love and—”

SNSD’s Gee suddenly plays in the background, making everyone in the church looks at each other, wondering whose damned phone is ringing right now. Kyungsoo and Jongin share a questioning look and turn their heads at the direction of—

Baekhyun deadpans. It’s his ringtone!

Kyungsoo’s judging glare is one of the things Baekhyun hates the most, seriously. It kills you, not really literally but you’d prefer jumping off of a cliff rather than receiving his judging glare.

“I’m so sorry,” Baekhyun whispers before fishing out his iPhone from his pocket and opens the text message.

 

From: stupid CEO

EMERGENCY. Come to my apartment ASAP.

 

Baekhyun chews on his lip and can feel panic starts burning his brain. He is a best man in his best friends’ most blessed day but Chanyeol, his ing stupid CEO, needs him and he doesn’t know which one to choose. He knows how crazy Chanyeol can be and so it’s no wonder if he’s about to die after being stabbed by thieves and still manages to text him. Closing his eyes to ask for forgiveness from God, he then says in a hushed voice to Kyungsoo. “Please continue, Kyungsoo. Everything is perfect so please just keep going. I’ll be back later. Bye!”

And Baekhyun runs off to Chanyeol’s apartment in record time he should consider himself to be a runner in Olympics.

While waiting for the elevator to come, Baekhyun decides to call Chanyeol only to be greeted by ‘The number you’re calling is—’. “.”

Finally reaching Chanyeol’s floor, Baekhyun sees his front door isn’t locked and he really thinks the scenario he had thought earlier is all true. He shouts his boss’ name over and over and when he finally gets a reply from a deep voice in the walk-in-closet, Baekhyun dashes up to that direction.

And to hell with Chanyeol being robbed and stabbed and running out of blood.

Chanyeol is standing in all his glory—with only a pair of boxers and black shirt, hands on his hips, facing his suits hanging on the racks.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun stands close to the said man, observing every inch of the taller man’s body only to see that he’s perfectly fine. Maybe Chanyeol accidentally knocked his head hard on the door frame and he’s now amnesia?

“Oh good, Baek. You’re here!”

Okay. Chanyeol isn’t amnesia. “What is it?”

Instead of answering, Chanyeol just rambles on Baekhyun’s appearance tonight. A brunette Byun Baekhyun in a black suit is definitely an eye-candy to him.

“Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol. What is it?” Baekhyun tries to tame the starting-to-get-angry lion inside of him down. He has an idea about what’s going on but deep in his heart, he prays for it to not be true.

“Okay. I’m judging Miss Korea contest in an hour and on television,” Chanyeol snaps his fingers and the racks start moving. He surely misses the way Baekhyun’s eyes almost popped out from their sockets. “What do you think?”

“Chanyeol, please don't tell me you called me out of a wedding to help you pick up a suit. Please!”

“You ran out of a wedding? You ran out of a wedding, Baek?! Why did you do that?! That's horrible—”

“YOU SAID IT WAS AN EMERGENCY!” Baekhyun finally snaps, making Chanyeol take a step back. Baekhyun just doesn't get it; he will never get it. Was Chanyeol born idiot or what? Oh maybe he was, that’s why he’s blessed with looks and height. “Did you freaking forget the kinds of emergency I've told you, Mr. Park?”

“Yes,” Chanyeol looks down, playing with his fingers on his back. He's taken note that when Baekhyun calls him with 'Mr. Park' again, it means the smaller man is super duper extra upset at him. “Large meteor, severe loss of blood, and… what’s the third?”

“Death,” Baekhyun desperately says and he really, really wants to cry because he left his best friends’ special moment just for this unbelievable stupidity of the tall CEO. “And you’re not dead.”

Chanyeol thinks the floor is safer to look at. “Um, yeah.”

“Just like when you weren’t dead when you freaking called me at one in the morning saying you got a nightmare of becoming the fifth member of Sistar,” Baekhyun randomly grabs a suit and a pair of shoes before dropping them in Chanyeol’s arms. “Just like when you weren’t dead when you barged in my monthly medical check-up appointment just to ask which photo of you is the best to be put on High Cut’s cover.”

“I don’t like this one,” Chanyeol points at the shoes Baekhyun has chosen. “Well, Baek, if this makes you feel better, I’m going to be dead, eventually. Tonight is important; I’m a representation of Park Corporation, which means I’m going to represent you, too.”

Baekhyun chooses another pair of shoes, after really thinking this time, and hands it to the other man. He takes a few deep breaths before stopping the racks and turns his body at Chanyeol who is now putting on his outfit. “Not anymore, Chanyeol.”

“Sorry?” Chanyeol asks. “What did you just say, Baek?”

Baekhyun picks two neckties, yellow and purple, and stands in front of Chanyeol, holding them up for him to pick. “What about we just call it a quit, okay? I can’t take it anymore.”

Chanyeol knows what Baekhyun means and he perfectly knows he shouldn't let that happen. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. It’s when Baekhyun waves the neckties does finally something escape his mouth. “Wha—are you serious?”

“Yes,” is said in less than a second after the question and Baekhyun looks like he’ll never change his answer. There’s a pregnant silent and, to be honest, Baekhyun’s decision starts to waver. Chanyeol has that unreadable expression on his face which Baekhyun hates so he tries his best to look anywhere in the room but the other’s face. “Please consider this as my two week notice.”

Chanyeol gulps and takes the purple necktie without really thinking if it’s really what he wants. His mind is screwed up, very very screwed up, thanks to Byun Baekhyun and his two week notice. “Well… You’re ungrateful.”

Baekhyun throws the yellow necktie to the hundreds of suits in the rack and scoffs. “Excuse me? UNGRATEFUL?!”

“Yes. Un. Grate. Ful.”

Baekhyun laughs sarcastically. “I’m an ungrateful person?”

“Yeah! I hired you with no working experience and I didn’t even really do background check on you,” Chanyeol explains, pacing around his walk-in-closet. “I gave you a wonderful apartment, a great office, non-fat muffins every morning—”

“Chanyeol! I didn—”

“And if you don’t want to be disturbed, why do you keep your phone on?”

Baekhyun opens his mouth, ready to answer, but his CEO cuts him off again.

“Because you like the emergency. You crave for the excitement.”

Baekhyun shuts his eyes close, trying to be the sane one in this conversation. After seconds pass by, he finally walks up to Chanyeol. “Alright, Chanyeol. You’re absolutely right. This isn’t your fault at all, it’s entirely mine. This is my fault that I managed to turn myself into this… this… . There’s not even a name for it, dammit!”

“But it doesn’t mean that I’m enjoying it myself!” Chanyeol argues, flailing his arms. “Before you came bursting into my life, I was capable of making decisions! Now I can’t. I’m addicted to you. I have to know what you think! You make me feel like a brainless chicken!”

Baekhyun feels slightly bad for that and is ready to take his words back but then Chanyeol just has to ask him about which Park Corporation badge he should put on his suit and Baekhyun finally loses it. “I think you’re the most selfish human being on the planet, Mr. Park.”

“That’s silly,” Chanyeol chuckles, clearly blind enough to see the smoke coming from the ears of the man in front of him. “Have you met everyone on the planet?”

Baekhyun steps on Chanyeol’s left foot before smiling handsomely. This is it. “Bye, Park Chanyeol.”

 

 

 


yes, this isn't one-shot like i promised. :( the last part should be up next week. mm, this turned out to be not so good, i know. i changed some details in this movie and please don't mind it. :/

so, can you guys already guess the title of this movie? i'm sure you can~