My Reason to Live

I Only Want You

“I need Eun Gi in my life. I can’t go on a day without her. Noona.” Maru spitefully said with his piercing look on Jae Hee.

Tears instantly fell from her eyes as she realized how Maru managed to break her heart into pieces. Has he really fallen for that woman? She thought. Jae Hee fled out of the room leaving a smirking Maru behind.

“I actually like the idea of us getting married for real.” Eun Gi glanced at Maru while talking to Joon Ha.

“I’m relieved to know that. Since the news about your condition has already spread to everyone in Taesan and our competitors, we need to schedule the wedding immediately.” Joon Ha calmly explained as he tried to maintain his composure. This is all for Eun Gi’s welfare, she’ll be happy if I do this, he thought.

Maru has been silent and seemed to be in deep thought the whole time. He almost didn’t notice Eun Gi was talking to him. “Maru-sshi, are you alright? You seemed uneasy, maybe we can talk about the wedding later?” Eun Gi worriedly asked. To appease her Maru smiled and reached out for her hand. “I’m fine, just a bit tired. About the wedding, maybe we can have it in two weeks from now?”

“It’s perfectly fine with me” Eun Gi gazed at Maru lovingly.

“Well then, let me take care of the preparations. I’ll also ask for Secretary Hyun’s assistance to get everything done.  For now, please excuse me I have to take my leave.” Joon Ha bowed and left the room.

Eun Gi then turned to face Maru, “Maru-sshi, is this true? I’ll be your wife in two weeks’ time?” excitement was written all over her face.

Maru smiled at Gi’s cuteness, he can’t help but pinch her cheek “Yes Ms. Seo Eun Gi, believe it or not, you’ll be my wife, and I your husband.  You won’t have any choice but to see my face day and night. “

Eun Gi chuckled, “Well that sounds good to me. Having to see your face before I sleep, and when I wake up. I can also kiss you regardless if you already brushed your teeth or not.”

Maru’s heart melted from Eun Gi’s simple words of affection, How were you able to capture my heart without my permission? Maru placed a soft kiss on Eun Gi’s forehead.

---

“That bastard, does he think that he’ll get even by marrying Eun Gi?” Jae Hee was furious, she can’t even think of a way to calm herself. Everything’s happening so fast, and she can’t seem to cope up with Maru’s revenge tactics.

“What do you want to do?” Min Young asked as he poured more wine onto Jae Hee’s glass.  

“Let them be. They could have their way for now. Pain could be at its finest after experiencing joy. Taesan will still be mine” And Kang Maru will also be mine Jae Hee bitterly grinned.  

---

“Unnie, you’re so pretty!” Choco was in awe seeing Eun Gi in her wedding dress.

“Really? Thank you Choco” Eun Gi faced the mirror to examine her reflection. The moment she laid her eyes on the dress, she was drawn to its tutu-like design accompanied with Swarovski crytals that shine with her every move. She smiled as she imagined how her wedding day will be.

“Do you think your oppa will like it?” Eun Gi asked.

“I love it” a familiar voice was heard. Eun Gi turned around to see a smiling Maru.

“But not as much as I love you” he smiled warmly. They were in a trance as they stared at each other for some time.

“Ya! Enough of that sweetness, please remember that I’m here.” Choco protested, which made the couple laugh.

---

“Ya, imma, if you could just see your face right now, you’ll be shocked. I can’t remember when was the last time I saw Kang Maru smile like this. You’re excited huh?” Jae Gil teased his bestfriend who was smiling to himself for the past hour.

Maru took a deep breath, “You know, life can be very playful. At one point, you can be in deep agony and you just want to end your life, but suddenly you will find yourself having the reason to live.”

“Thanks to Eun Gi, you got your life back” Jae Gil added. Maru just smiled and nodded in agreement.

“But seriously Maru, now that you have a reason to live, please take the surgery right after the wedding. You don’t want to make Eun Gi a young widow, right?”

Maru’s smile then turned into a frown “I know, and I won’t let that happen.” He was already dreaming about their future – raising their baseball team and spending every day loving each other.

“I’m relieved to hear that. I might as well give Eun Gi the warmest hug and sweetest kiss for convincing you to live!” Jae Gil pouted and extended his arms in demonstration.

“Ya! I won’t let you do that to my wife!”  Maru threw a pillow at Jae Gil’s face.

---

Melodious music was heard all over the hall as the orchestra serenaded the guests. Everything’s set for the ceremony, and everyone is anticipating for the couple’s arrival.

“This is it, there’s no turning back. Remember, take extra care of Eun Gi. Even when she regains her memory, don’t let her go. Protect her at all times.  Promise me that, Kang Maru” Joon Ha placed his arm on Maru’s shoulder to express his sincerity. Maru smirked and squeezed his hand, “I promise”.

“Eun Gi noona!” Eun Seok ran towards her sister and kissed her on the cheeks. “Wow, that was sweet. Thank you. And you look so good in that suit, like a real man” Eun Gi complimented the little boy.

“Eun Gi, it’s time for the ceremony, let’s go” Jae Hee coldly said. Eun Gi nodded and picked up her bouquet from the table.

The music in the hall changed to acknowledge the entourage. Maru confidently walked down the isle in his black tuxedo, and acknowledged the guests greetings.  The music once again changed signalling the entrance of Eun Gi. Everyone was in awe of her radiant beauty, she looked like a real-life fairy princess. Her heart was beating fast, but her breath was in sync with each step she made.  Despite her uneasy feeling, she only had her eyes on the man near the altar -  her Maru.

Similar to the bride, Maru lovingly fixed his eyes on Eun Gi.  She was breathtaking, and in a while, she’ll be his. He took her hand and made their way to the altar.

The two faced each other, and Eun Gi could not hide her tears of joy. More so, when they were asked to give their wedding vows:

Maru took Eun Gi’s hand, “I, Kang Maru, take you, Seo Eun Gi, to be my wedded wife. I thank the One above for sending you to my life. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope. No matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.”

Eun Gi wiped her tears with her free hand, and made her vow “I, Seo Eun Gi, take you, Kang Maru, to be my wedded husband. With deepest joy I come into my new life with you. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too happily give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship. I promise to love, obey, care for you. The One above has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient, faithful wife and caring mother to our future children.”

Maru was deeply touched with her words that he also shed some tears. How can he deserve this kind of woman? He must have done something good in his past life.

With the final blessings they are now officially husband and wife. Maru touched Eun Gi’s cheeks and leaned in for a sweet kiss.  

When they parted, Eun Gi gave Maru a teasing look “So, why didn’t you mention anything about our future baseball team?” Maru just smiled at his wife.

Thank you father, now, I have a reason to live.