Audition

My Leading Man

I woke up late again.  I should probably invest in more alarm clocks and put them all over my bedroom.  I was in such a rush this morning, good thing I picked out what I was going to wear for my audition and had it already laid out, no time to do anything with my hair so I just settled for combing it and leaving it down, and I was conscious enough to remember the BB cream and just put some lip gloss on, I guess you could say I was going for the all-natural look.

Riding the bus to Warner Bros Studio felt like forever.  I mean the bus was really crowded today and it seemed like we stopped every hundred feet.  When I got off the bus I sprinted to the building hoping that my name wasn’t called yet, it was already 9:15am, Krystal will for sure be on my again for being late.  I was huffing and puffing my way to the registration table while I can feel all eyes on me.  When I got to the table there were three girls handing out numbers.

“I’m sorry for being late, I hope my name wasn’t called yet.” I handed her my updated portfolio while waiting for her reply. 

“Audition’s start at 10am sharp, we will be calling out numbers at that time.” She replied in a very robotic tone. She didn’t even look up, she just handed me a number, the line that I will be reciting and pointed to the waiting area. I looked at the piece of paper and turned back around.

“Is this a joke? This is the line that we are supposed to recite?” The girl looked up at me with an annoyed expression.

 “Look miss, I do take my work seriously, don’t assume that my sole purpose in life is to prank wannabe actresses. If you can’t deliver this line feel free to leave you know the way out.” She retorted.

I was caught off guard by her attitude, but all I did was apologize for my remark and then headed to the restroom to freshen up.  I dialed Krystal’s number immediately.

“Hello?” She picked up after two rings.

“Yah….you told me auditions were at 9am, it is actually at 10am.” I yelled at my phone.

“Well seeing that it is 9:30 right now it’s a good thing I told you the wrong time or else you would have been late.” I could hear her giggling on the other side.

“I can’t believe you and my agent gave me the wrong time.” I sounded deflated.

“Well we just know you too well. Just fix yourself up, because I’m sure you were running thinking you were late; and good luck on your audition.”

“Thanks Krys, I’ll call you when I’m done.” And with that we hanged up.

I made myself presentable and then headed to the waiting area.  I looked around and saw a lot of beautiful women.  But the weird part was that no one looked the same. There was a good mixture of white, Asian, African, and Latina’s. Usually during casting calls there is a specific look that the director is looking for. Well with this movie, with it being so discreet and secretive, the only requirements were the age range. It only intrigued me more about this movie but at the same time more nervous. I looked at the line again on the paper and I sighed. Would I be able to really do this?

 

                                            *********************************

a/n: So I've finally updated this story...sorry I have ideas of how I want this story to go but it's taking me longer to put into words and now I started 2 new stories if you guys are interested please check them out although both are teukso fics :) Please comment...maybe that's all I need to be motivated to update this story faster. Thank you to my subscribers :)