The Fighter

Breath of Life
My morning started off right. The story Sehun shared with me last night how he fell in love with me made me feel extremely happy. I wasn't sure what got into me but I felt brave and suddenly things didn't seem bad. I felt like I had fallen in love all over again. 
 
I rushed inside Sehun's mansion this morning as I normally did. I was greeted by all the workers, his parent's, Daehun, and Misung. The Mr. and Mrs. were heading off to work with Daehun in his uniform, getting ready to be sent to school. 
 
As I watched him, I remembered my dream. "Give me a hug Daehun."
 
At first he stared at me in a strange way but he shook it off with a big smile, he ran into my open arms and I hugged him. 
 
"I'll see you soon, okay?" I pull away and look at his innocent brown eyes 
 
He nods and waves goodbye cutely with Misung bowing at me. Once everyone left, it was my turn to say good morning to the one person upstairs who has my heart. Once I began to make my way towards the stairs, I notice Yixing walking down with the rest of the guys.
 
They all froze as they saw me. "What's going on?" I ask with a smile on my face
 
Chanyeol clears his throat "We're keeping our eyes on you face." He playfully punches his arm and prances down the steps. He rubs my head once he reaches the bottom stair.
 
Kai walked down cooly and chuckled following Chanyeol's gesture. 
 
Then it was Tao's turn "Good morning." He smiles "Bye."
 
Kris didn't mess up my hair like the rest. He probably felt uncomfortable around me still but he did acknowledge me with a smile. 
 
Once the four boys walked out the front door, Yixing finally stood in front of me.
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked
 
His dimple lightly appeared on his right side. "He just wanted to talk."
 
My eyebrows pull in together. "About?"
 
He stares at me with no response back. "I'll see you at school, go see him before class starts." He smiles and just like the three boys that messed up my hair, Lay did the same thing.
 
I run my fingers through to put my hair back in place. "You know I'm going to make you tell me right?"
 
He turns around walking backwards "Yeah," He amusingly scoffs "I know."
 
 
 
 
My hand turns the handle over to open Sehun's bedroom door. Once I walked in and saw him in sight, my heart was nervously beating. He his lips and smiled at me.
 
"Good morning" I chime softly as I finally approached him. I sat next to him on my spot. 
 
He replies lowly. "Good morning."
 
I place a strand of lose hair behind my ear and kiss him. "What was Lay doing here? I thought you didn't 'trust him'." I mock.
 
He carefully chuckles. "I do now." He pauses "He's always been a good friend to you."
 
My hand reaches his and I noticed he couldn't even lock his fingers with mine, I instantly panicked quietly inside. 
 
"Are you okay?" I tried to ask calmly 
 
He gulps and smiles "I will be."
 
My words wanted to come out, ask him more questions but he continued before I could say anything else.
 
"Hayoung," He struggles to speak and he looks hesitant to what he wants to say. "You know I love you, right?"
 
I nod and smile as he finally spoke normal again. I relaxed a little and his hair.
 
"I think I've always loved you more though." I tease "I loved you first."
 
He nods "Yeah," He agrees with a sweet smirk "But, I love you more now than you do."
 
"Are we going to sit here and argue for the first time about this?" 
 
I turn his head over and kiss his lips. He places his hand behind my head and kisses me like how he used to, aggressive but soft. He left his lips there for a really long time and I allowed it. 
 
He slowly breaks away from our kiss "You don't love me more than I do." He leans his forehead with mine. "It's not possible."
 
I bite my lip as I held my chuckle in. "Just this once Oh Sehun. Just this once I'm going to let you think that." I kiss him again.
 
"Thank you." He says between our kiss.
 
I hear my timer go off and it interrupts us. He chuckles. "Are you serious?"
 
"I know." I join in on the laugh. "But if I don't but a time, I'll just end up staying here. Unfortunately, I have to be at school." I stare at his eyes that looked tired and really sick. 
 
He nods and we give each other one more kiss. I'm about to get up but he stops me and carefully pulls me back to his lips. 
 
"Don't fall back into that habit though." He quickly adds "Putting a time on things, promise?"
 
I nod "I promise."
 
"I love you Cheon." He says it kind, gently, and lovingly.
 
I smile, the one that reached my eyes because it was sweet to receive so much love from him.
 
"I'll come back." 
 
I get up to rush out of the room as I waved goodbye but something inside my heart was telling me to not leave him yet. I ran back towards his bed and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me as he laid there embracing me. I didn't want to let go but it had to end.
 
"I'll see you soon." I whispered. As difficult it was to walk out of his bedroom I tried to stay positive and know that he'll be right here, waiting for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Saerin and Kyungri walked with me down the hallway as lunch started. I noticed there was something wrong with Saerin.
 
"Are you okay?" I asked
 
She looked distracted but she still managed to pay attention to what I asked.
 
She nods "Yeah." She pauses "I know Sehun and I fixed things but I still feel––"
 
"Don't." I interrupt her and lock my arm with hers. "Just be happy that you weren't too late to make things right."
 
Kyungri locks her arm with mine. "I hope you use your own advice too." She kindly smiles at me, trying to let me know she's not insulting but comforting me.
 
I nod and before we can continue our conversation the boys finally meet up with us. Yixing nervously stands to the side. 
 
Kai looks over at him. "Don't take too long."
 
Lay chuckles and rubs his neck. 
 
Tao takes Kyungri's hand "We'll wait for you guys at the table."
 
Everyone nods, like they knew something was happening. My attention goes to the boy with the dimple on his nervous face.
 
"So now, you have to explain two things." I smile
 
 
 
 
 
 
He took me to the music room in our school. "What are we doing here?"
 
"This is the reason why I needed to ask for permission to be a few minutes alone with you."
 
He walks deeper into the room and a piano was in sight. He smiles and runs his fingers through. He takes a seat and stares at me until I take a spot next to him.
 
"I've been working on something." He adds "It's...Sehun's melody. Well, I wrote it in a non-romantic way." He chuckles. "It's inspired by a friendship I never got to share with him. One I wanted to have, one I wanted to be there for. How he cared for everyone and using himself as a distraction to not let anyone know he was suffering and didn't want to hurt anyone around him, especially the people he loves. He faced a battle everyday, he's a fighter."
 
I smiled in awe as Yixing spoke kindly about a boy he never got to know. 
 
"Is that what you told Sehun this morning?" I ask
 
He shakes his head in deep thought. "He allowed me to take care of you."
 
My eyebrows rise up in shock that Sehun said that. "What about Lin?"
 
He smiled "Not in that way." He pauses and it stayed quiet. 
 
Soon, he presses a key note down and begins to play. The tone was soft and low but for some reason I was able to detect there was pain behind it all. As he continued my emotions got the best of me. It reminded me of everything I went through with Sehun and all our firsts. Our first official annoying introduction, our first laugh, dance, kiss, fight, confessions, and my first time.
 
I heard the melody almost come to an end and when it did, I quickly wiped away my tears.
 
"It wasn't meant for you to cry." He says apologetic "He was my inspiration to write this and I just wanted to share this with you, hoping you would like it but now that––"
 
I place my hand in front and lightly wave it at him to cut him off "No, I loved it." I sniff as I tried to regain composure "It's so beautiful that it just touched my heart and made me really happy that Sehun walked into my life." I end up hugging him "Thank you Yixing, thank you."
 
He soothes my back as I silently broke down in tears. He allowed me to cry on his shoulder and that's how we remained for the next few minutes. 
 

 

Because I lovelovelovelove you guyyyssss, I finally double updated. It's been a while since I've actually done this! You guys are theeeeee besttttt! Lots of love to my favorite subscribers--readers/non-subscribers--silent readers! "Yorobun" imagine the way Yixing says it when he speaks Korean ^.^

lots of love xoxo