Mouthful

Breath of Life
"What?" Tao gets up from the middle of our game. "Kyungri, hold on." Chnayeol and Kai start giving him a hard time as he stepped out of my room.
 
We continued to play and do our thing while Tao was talking on the phone. After a while he finally returns and looks at me.
 
"What did you do?" He asks me
 
"With?" my eyebrows frown
 
"Kyungri is a little upset about you and Hayoung. She doesn't want me to bring this up to you but hearing how bummed she is about it, bothers me." He pauses "What's the deal?"
 
"Nothing." I lied and looked over at Kris "I'm not talking to her anymore."
 
"I'm so ing confused." Chanyeol asks as he chews on his popcorn and shouts in the middle of his game. "I thought you guys already stopped talking? That's why Lay started hanging out with her."
 
Kai adds "Don't you pay attention? They got in a small fight but they weren't broken up dumb ." Kai bites the ice and talks with his mouth full "You guys are still together, right?"
 
"Were you guys even together?" Tao asks
 
"Why does it matter? I'm over it and I don't plan on talking to her again alright?" 
 
Tao shrugs his shoulders "I guess." 
 
They knew once I was over something that I was really over it and they never contemplated about it. Except this was a lie, I wasn't over Hayoung but if I admitted that then everything I did would have been for nothing. I stand up to get away from this, it wasn't helping that I missed her and I was tired of lying. 
 
"Do you guys want anything from downstairs?"
 
"Get more chips" Kai shouts 
 
"Drinks" Chanyeol adds 
 
I nod and walk out of my room. I could have used the intercom but I needed an excuse to leave the set of questions I didn't want to think about. Once I reach the kitchen I start gathering things up.
 
"So you weren't bullting." I turn to find Kris right behind me. "You really did it."
 
I don't respond. I open the fridge and take out a few more things. "Yeah, so let's leave it at that."
 
It should have felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders but it just felt heavier. I grabbed a few more things before heading back upstairs.
 


 

 

During lunch I wasn't sure if I should tell everyone about Kris this morning. Maybe the boys knew where he's been this whole time or maybe not. I wonder why Kris didn't want me to say anything when he was standing outside of Sehun's room?

"Have you guys talked to Kris?" I blurt out and all three boys stare at me like if I was on crack with what I said. They share a look amongst each other and Kai is the one to reply back.
 
"We haven't talked to him since the whole bet thing."
 
Tao clears his throat "He ended moving back to Canada the next day classes were out."
 
"I don't think he plans on coming back." Chanyeol adds 
 
"Why are you asking?" Saerin points out
 
I shake my head "No reason." I pause "I mean he is a close friend to all of you. Have you guys told him about Sehun?"
 
They all stay quiet.
 
Tao speaks up first "We aren't sure how."
 
"But, we should at some point even if we don't want to talk to him." Chanyeol throws in. So that sums it up, they didn't know that Kris was back. I wanted to let them know but I felt like it wasn't my place to say anything. I trust Sehun will mention something. After all, only they know what happened between each other and personally I didn't want to revisit the past.
 


 

 

Weeks went by and Kris has been avoiding me. Tao was busy with Kyungri. Chanyeol and Kai kept hanging out a lot with Saerin, Hayoung, and that Lay kid. 

It should have gotten easier to get over Hayoung but I couldn't. Not when I knew there was someone else near her. I didn't like it and ignoring it was starting to get more difficult than usual. 
 
Before heading out to lunch I gave myself time by going to the bathroom stall. Just to stay away from everyone for a few minutes. I was about ready to leave when I heard a few guys talk about my personal stuff. They were talking about how I had with Hayoung.
 
"Dude, Sehun is ing down. Did you hear about the he did?"
 
I heard another one laugh "About making a bet with Kris to Hayoung?"
 
"I honestly thought Kris was going to finally beat him at something." Another guy says 
 
The first one to talk scoffed "I didn't think Hayoung would even put out"
 
"Are you kidding? Sehun is a ing legend. The kid can do anything."
 
I wish...the only thing I couldn't do was stay alive.
 
"What about how Sanghoon called Kris out on it. Did you hear about that?"
 
Both guys respond 'no' at the same time.
 
The same guy that was talking continues "Yeah, Sanghoon told Kris he'll never be at the same level as Sehun. Now Kris made a bet that he can get Hayoung to him too."
 
"Does Sehun know?"
 
"I doubt it but even if he did I don't think he would ing care."
 
"Maybe I'll try her next."
 
They all laugh "Well, you're going to have to wait. That new kid is talking to her."
 
I heard their voices fade out and they continued to talk bad about Hayoung and when I heard the bathroom door close, I walked out of the stall. What the is Kris thinking? Is that why he's been avoiding me? Most importantly, why the is he still messing with her?
 
I rush out of the bathroom and make it a mission to look for that er. I wasn't sure where he would be but I hoped to find him around. Finally I spotted him and he caught me approaching him. He did a hand shake with one of Ryu's friends, I forgot his name and it was irrelevant.
 
"I heard what you're doing." I tried standing up straighter but he was still taller.
 
He smirks "You don't mind right? She is my style."
 
I my lips "We said we weren't going to tell anyone about this bet. Why does Sanghoon know?"
 
Kris puts both hands in his front pant pockets "I might have mentioned it to him."
 
I shake my head "You're ing dumb. Leave her alone."
 
"Why?" He chuckles "Did you fall in love with her?" He mocks me
 
I quickly add "Hayoung is a done bet. I ed her already so––"
 
I stop my words because I noticed Tao with Kyungri, staring at me. I stood frozen hoping she didn't hear anything but the look on her face said otherwise. 
 
"You did what?" She looked disgusted and it took her a moment to speak again. "Did you know?" She looks over at Tao and even he began to fluster. 
 
"It wasn't anything too serious." Kris replies but Kyungri shot him a dirty look. She didn't say anything to us and Tao tried stopping her but she shoved his grip away.
 
"What the ?" Tao looks at us "What were you two doing?"
 
We don't respond to him but it's not like he would want to hear an excuse because he chose to chase Kyungri down the hallway instead. I should have been worried but I knew this was a good thing, without a doubt I knew Hayoung will never forgive me. 
 
 
 
 
All my friends except for Kris who wasn't around were attacking me about this whole bet thing. But, I zoned out as I put away in my locker. I couldn't get over what Kris has done.
 
"Thanks a lot Sehun" I hear Tao's voice get close "Kyungri won't talk to me. What the hell were you thinking?"
 
I ignore him.
 
"I'm talking to you." He aggressively adds "Why the did you make Hayoung a bet?"
 
Chanyeol and Kai started to fuss about it even more. They couldn't believe what I was doing with Kris this whole time but I really couldn't believe how bothered they were by it. They always hooked up with girls before.
 
"Why are you guys even making a big deal? You heads would always ditch girls when you were done with them." I defend myself
 
"We wouldn't them or make a bet about it." Chanyeol is quickly to defend back
 
Kai adds on "Plus, we actually like them. They're the first set of girls we actually gotten to know without them annoying the out of us."
 
"So then, why don't you leave me alone and go talk to them." I snap
 
"What's wrong with you? Why did you do it?" Chanyeol asks "You were never the one to hurt girls like that. I thought you really liked Hayoung?"
 
"It's my last year..." I stop myself "Why get tied down?" 
 
There was a long pause until Tao spoke up "Well, Kyungri thinks we were all a part of it."
 
"But you weren't." I add
 
"Yeah, no . She thinks so though." Tao sighs 
 
All of a sudden we all see and hear Saerin come up to us and she began to push and tell Chanyeol . 
 
She pushes him again “You’re a ing !”
 
Kai pulls her away and she shoves his arms away. I decide I don't want any part of this so I close my locker, ready to walk away but Hayoung blocks my way.
 
“I was a ing bet?” I looked away acting like I didn't care but really, I couldn't stand to see how hurt she would be. I was afraid “Why? Why did you do it?” She snaps
 
There was so much I could say but I chose not to. I couldn't apologize. I would rather piss her off more by not saying anything at all. She needs to stop loving me so I don't end up really hurting her, when she sees I'm no longer around.
 
She didn't try to follow me or ask me any other questions and I was relieved by it. But, as I walked down the hallways I could hear so many people talking bad about Hayoung but praising or feeling bad for me. Kris had spread nasty rumors and I was not okay with that .
 
I tried looking for him but he wasn't in sight. I walked towards the parking lot and I ended spotting him. I quickly tried to catch up and I pulled his arm before he got in his car.
 
"I said leave it alone."
 
He pulls his arm away "No matter what I do. You always end up getting praised and being the best."
 
"Why do you even care? Why is it so important for you to want to beat me all the ing time?"
 
"Kris!" I hear Chanyeol's deep voice shout as he walked up towards us with Tao and Kai. "What the ! What kind of were you trying to pull? A ing bet, seriously?"
 
"Why are you heads mad about it?"
 
Tao is the one to respond "The one girl I actually ever cared about and loved wants nothing to do with me."
 
"They think we were involved in the dumb you pulled." Kai sneers "Thanks."
 
"Who ing cares." Kris raises his voice "They're just loose ."
 
"Don't talk about Kyungri like that." Tao gets close to his face 
 
"Why are you guys taking it all out on me? Sehun was the one who ed her."
 
"You were the one to spread the rumors and told everyone she was a bet." Kai uses an annoyed tone "If you would have kept it between yourself it wouldn't be a problem, except the whole school ing knows."
 
"Whatever." Kris swings his wrist " you guys!" He gets in his car and by the sound of his tires screeching, it was obvious he was pissed. I felt bad, everyone was taking my side and seemed to be more annoyed with Kris who did nothing but tell the whole school what I did. 
 


 

 

"Bubble tea!" Daehun smiles as I handed him his while I had mine and Sehun's in my other free hand "Thank you" His smile reaches his eyes.

I pat his head "You're welcome." 
 
"Are you really going to teach me how to dance?" He sips out of his straw
 
I nod "After you finish up with your piano lessons and homework, deal?" I smile taking my hand out for him and we shake on it.
 
 
 
I knock on the door and slightly open it. Sehun was standing up, struggling. I quickly walk in, placing the bubble tea down, and rush over to him.
 
"What are you doing?" I asked worried as I placed my arms around his waist
 
He lightly chuckles "Trying to ing leave this room."
 
"You can't be standing up on your own, you could––"
 
"Cheon." His eyes locked with mine "It's fine."
 
I notice he said it was fine but my mind was concerned if he was fine.
 
He kisses my nose "Help me downstairs?"
 
I gulp and silently nod. "Where downstairs?" 
 
"I want to see Daehun play."
 
Without saying anything else, I obeyed him and helped him walk. As we began to take the stairs, his hand was gripped on the rail and we tried taking each step carefully. While we made our way down, I couldn't help but to wonder about Kris.
 
"What did Kris say this morning?"
 
He stays quiet. "He wanted to be there for me."
 
Kris knows about Sehun, except there were so many other questions to ask but I knew there would be another time for that. I'd be sure to bring this conversation up again.
 

 

Thanks guys soooooo much for the amazing love and support you are all giving. I really really appreciate it! I can't believe BoL has reached over 300 subscribers already, I'm thankful for each and every one of you! Christimas break is officiallllll!!! Get ready for crazy updates haha I love you all! Happy Holidays xoxo