Lost Child

Breath of Life
When Sehun and I finally arrived at his mansion, his butlers were helping him inside the house and I walked right behind. As we walked up the stairs, a small voice makes me turn around.
 
"Sehun!" Daehun sounded excited and ran up the stairs.
 
"Daehun," Misung carefully runs after him "not now."
 
"But, I want to see my brother." He whines 
 
I saw Sehun reach the top of the stairs and as they continued to walk towards his room, I placed my attention on the little boy who had no idea of what was going on.
 
"Hey," I smile "Want to play soccer?"
 
"I'm going to say hi to my brother first" He smiles but before he takes another step, I walk back down and take his little hand.
 
"Come on." I try to distract him "I'll race you over there."
 
"Okay, let's tell Sehun to come play with us too."
 
"He'll meet us down there." I lied "Come on!"
 
I gently drag him with me and he eventually gave in and ran ahead of me, only because I wanted him to.
 


 

 

After finding out that I don't have a chance to live, I knew I couldn't call off the bet anymore. There wasn't a point liking Hayoung, just like there isn't a point caring about anything. I stared at my pills that kept my moods in place. I decided that today I wasn't going to give two s about them. I was going to stop taking them.

 
I toss them inside the trash and exhale a deep breath out. I managed to make it another day, in time for my birthday but what's the point in celebrating? I don't want to be reminded that I won't be able to celebrate any other years. I slam the doors to my bedroom behind me and head to school.
 
 
 
“Come on, what do you want?” Hayoung crosses her arms as she tried to be nice.
 
“Nothing you could give me.”
 
I open the door for her to leave and while I waited for her to get in, I noticed Kris standing next to my car on the other side of the parking lot. I catch Hayoung get inside and stare back at her.
 
“I’ll see you later.” I told her closing the door and walking away. 
 
Kris had a stupid grin on his face and I had a feeling he was going to bug me about the bet, as usual.
 
"If she doesn't put out on your birthday, I ing beat you on this bet. It's long overdue."
 
"I'm not going to celebrate this year." I admit 
 
"So you were being serious?" He looked confused but he shook it off "Are you worried she's not?"
 
"She will." I looked at him annoyed. "If you haven't noticed you ing idiot, she really likes me a lot. So ing wait." 
 
"Hold on," He scoffs amused "Does it bother you that she has feelings for you?"
 
I stay quiet but kept glaring at him.
 
He chuckles "I was right. Even if you don't want to admit it, you like her too. No wonder you're taking so long." 
 
I chuckle ", it must really bug the out of you that I'm better. You're just waiting to beat me at something." I shake my head taking out my car keys to unlock the door. "I don't ing like her."
 
 
 
 
 
"It's your Birthday!" Daehun woke me up from my nap by jumping on my bed excitedly. My eyes were half open and I cover my face with my sheets.
 
Daehun continues to jump non-stop, chanting the same words over and over again. 
 
"Stop" I murmur as I tried falling back to sleep but he didn't listen to me. "Seriously Daehun, stop."
 
"I get to hit you nineteen times" He says in between his breaths as he kept jumping. "Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to the best big brother in the whole wide world."
 
"Daehun!" I sit up yanking the covers off from my face "Get the out of my room!"
 
Once I realized I yelled at him I instantly regretted it. I've never treated him this way and he was just as shocked as I was as he stood there frozen in place.
 
He doesn't say anything else as he got off from my bed.
 
"Wait, D." I sighed as he ignored me, something I'm not used to.
 
I run my fingers through my face, my palms messaging my forehead. I sniff through my nose and decide to walk out of my room to look for Daehun. 
 
I went to his room and he wasn't there. I walked down the stairs and he wasn't outside either. Where did he go? I use the intercom to call Misung and she rushes to my bedroom.
 
"Where's Daehun?"
 
She looked puzzled "I thought he was upstairs with you?"
 
I shake my head "He's not in his room. I'll go check in my parent's room."
 
She nods. Once we reach the master bedroom there was no sight of him. I began to look in each room upstairs and he wasn't in any. , why are there so many rooms when it's just the four of us. 
 
"He's not up here." I tell her
 
"I'll check the study downstairs."
 
We walk down together and while she checked to see if he would be there, I walked to the guest living room and sat there. Chanyeol kept calling me but I didn't hesitate to send him straight to voicemail. Kai sent me a few text messages, and it didn't take long for Tao to do the same.
 
"Sehun" Misung rushes back "He's not there."
 
My eyebrows pull in together "What do you mean? He has to be here?" I begin to silently panic "Go ask anyone if they saw him walk out."
 
I call for other maids and butlers to help search for him. Misung came back and told me no one saw him leave the front. I start shouting out his name but he never answered back or showed up. 
 
He wasn't out in the garden, the greenhouse, the pool house, the basketball court, the soccer field, or the piano room. Every room was empty and no sign of Daehun.
 
There was one though that came to mind. I ran towards my dance studio and when I reached the doors, my heart felt relieved to see they were open.
 
Daehun was sitting alone, resting his back against the far back wall. I take a deep breath as I tried to calm my breathing. He looked at me and I couldn't be mad at him for scaring me like that. 
 
"Come here." I gesture him to get up and surprisingly he listened to me.
 
I knelt down to hug him and he hugged me back. His cheek resting on my shoulder.
 
"I'm sorry D." 
 
"Why are you mad? It's your birthday."
 
There were so many different answers to that question but I didn't say anything. 
 
"I'm not." I pulled away and lied to his face. 
 
"I just wanted to help" He mumbles 
 
I nod "I know and...wait, help with what?"
 
"Chanyeol put me in charge to make sure you go to your party." He pauses "But I didn't do a good job."
 
He felt bad and it didn't help that I related easily to him. Now, I was forced to go to my own stupid birthday party. Only for Daehun, I needed to make it up to him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Press the breaks!”
 
Hayoung kept freaking out that the car was going backwards. I held tight onto her hands to prevent her from stopping it from moving. She kept yelling at me and I mocked her. I kept repeating every word she was telling me. 
 
In the back of my mind I wondered if I should just let the car drop. I'm going to die anyway so why not save myself the trouble and die tonight.
 
“Sehun stop!”
 
Then I remembered Hayoung was in the car after all. I pressed the breaks and she jerked towards the front. I let go of her hands to put the car on park mode and once I wasn't holding onto her anymore, she got out of the car and began to tell me more .
 
“Yeah, imagine what would have happened to my car.” 
 
I had to play it off as if it was a joke but even then she was still mad. If only she wasn't in the car with me...I didn't mind cutting my life short. 
 
 
 
When I drop her off home. I hated the last thing she said to me. 'Take care'. I cringed because there was no taking care of anything, I couldn't. Through out the drive back home, it gave me time to think. I'm not going back to school, I don't care what my parents tell me or threaten me with I'm not going. I'm going to save everyone the time from being a ing burden. 
 


 

 

Although I like playing with Daehun, it bothered me that instead of Sehun running around with us, he was upstairs. No matter how hard I kept trying, my mind just couldn't get distracted. It didn't seem like I was the only one to have their thoughts somewhere else.

 
"What's the matter?" I ask the little angelic face that looked bothered
 
"I don't want to play anymore." He murmurs
 
"I'm sorry." I try to put on a smile "I'll try harder."
 
"It's not that." He stops the soccer ball "Sehun isn't showing up."
 
I sighed, hating myself for what I'm about to do. I didn't want to keep a secret from Daehun.
 
"He's probably busy with something. He'll come down." I walk up to him and place my hand on his shoulder "Come on, I won't go easy on you anymore" I joke but I didn't get any laughter out of it.
 
He shakes his head "I don't feel good."
 
"Do you have a fever?" I check his forehead and he didn't feel warm.
 
"I'm not sick." He pauses "Something doesn't feel right."
 
"Do you want to take a break?" 
 
He begins to walk towards the house and once we reach the chairs outside, I take a seat. When I sit down I notice Daehun kept walking.
 
"Where are you going?"
 
"Going to get water." He replies softly.
 
I didn't follow him, I stayed there and waited for him to come back. As I waited, the longer he was taking, and the longer he took the more I began to wonder where he is. I walk back in the house and when I pass the guest living room. I catch Misung walking towards my direction.
 
"Misung, is Daehun still drinking water?"
 
She shakes her head "I haven't seen him?" She brings her eyebrows together and then pulls them apart once she realizes something on her own. "He's most likely lurking in one of the rooms somewhere around the house. Don't worry, we'll find him."
 
I nod "I'll go check on Sehun." 
 
My feet finally reached the second floor of the house and the door to Sehun's room was half way open. When I lightly push it forward I notice Daehun resting his small head onto Sehun's arm. He wasn't crying, he was just sitting next to his older brother quietly. Then I'm assuming he hasn't told Daehun anything yet.
 
"I'll go tell Misung I found you." I'm about to turn around but Sehun's words stop me.
 
"Stay."
 
He didn't have to say anything else to convince me. I walked closer to his bed and sat at the edge as my eyes kept locked onto the little sad brown eyes that stared blankly at nothing.