Rewound

Breath of Life
Saerin and Kyungri sat at each side beside me. My thoughts were all over the place as I waited in a place I never wanted to be at. I look up and I look around, I look at everyone who cares about Sehun wait eagerly for Dr. Kyutae to appear.
 
No one spoke, no one tried to speak, and no one knew what was going on. I just wish and hope with all my heart that this isn't the end, I didn't want it to be the end. The thought that hurts the most is that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.
 
"Kyutae" I hear Mr. Oh's voice and my eyes quickly shoot up over at their direction and I don't hesitate to make my way towards them. "How's my son?"
 
He sighs "He's awake"
 
My heart felt relief and tears started to blur my vision again as his words brought ease to my mind.
 
He continues "He fainted and we gave him a few antibiotics to get his immune system running. But, it's best if he stays here from now on."
 
"Is he going to be okay?" I find strength to ask
 
He just stares at me and struggles to respond for a few seconds "I have to be honest with all of you." He directs it to Sehun's parents and myself "He's not going to get any better."
 
"Can we see him?" Mrs. Oh asks
 
"Not at the moment, I need him to recover. I'll allow visiting rights tomorrow morning."
 
There was no way I could sleep, I couldn't possibly wait until the next morning. The fear of not saying goodbye to him was all that came to mind.
 
"We'll take care of him." He nods "Jeonghun, Sera, Please come with me."
 
Once the three walk away Chanyeol and Kai come up to me.
 
"What's going on Hayoung?" Chanyeol's deep voice wasn't playful like usual, it was filled with concern and worry. 
 
"Don't lie to us either" Kai adds
 
I gulp and sigh. I didn't want to be the person to break it down to them that their best friend is slowly dying. Tao approached us and his blood shot eyes get the best of me. I couldn't keep this away from them, not any longer.
 
"Sehun has leukemia." I pause "He's fine for now but Dr. Kyutae isn't sure for how long."
 
"He's fine now?" Kai sounded angry
 
Chanyeol's large eyes were enlarged but his eyebrows were scrunched together, staring at me. Tao sniffs and disbelief fell in his face.
 
"What?" He asks "He can't...he wouldn't keep anything like this from us."
 
Kyungri and Saerin slowly walk into our conversation.
 
Tao adds "Why...No...He can't"
 
"You better not be ing with us" Kai points at me
 
My tears were blurring my vision "I wish I was Kai." 
 
There was a long silence between all of us. 
 
"Why didn't you say anything?" Kai shouts
 
I cringe to his loud words "It wasn't my place. I wanted him to say something but he––'
 
"How long have you known?" Chanyeol's low voice made me turn in his direction
 
"Not that long either." I pause "Almost a month."
 
I see Kai run his fingers through his hair and placed both hands behind his neck "A ing month? You've kept this for a ing month?"
 
"I wasn't going to throw Sehun under the bus Kai"
 
"I don't give a !" He raises his voice again 
 
"Kai," Kyungri carefully speaks up "Stop screaming, this isn't the place."
 
"My best friend has ing cancer and you don't expect me to be ing mad?"
 
"Then let's all go somewhere where we can talk, calmly." She suggests
 
"I'm not ing talking to this ." Kai storms out and his words shocked me
 
"Hey!" Now it was Saerin's turn to raise her voice "It's not her ing fault you ! Don't talk to her like that!" Kai doesn't stop walking "Kai!" 
 
She shouts his name but he doesn't stop. He's right, I am a .
 
"I'm sorry" I sniff and wipe away my tears but they kept pouring out like a waterfall "He just didn't want any of you to worry about him."
 
"So, how is he now?" Kyungri asks
 
"We can visit him tomorrow." 
 
Chanyeol's big eyes started to tear up and he shakes his head in disagreement. "I––I can't be here right now." He doesn't bother to say goodbye to anyone or Tao for that matter.
 
I could see everyone fall apart. I should have said something sooner. If I was terrified of never saying goodbye to him, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been for them. I think not knowing and finding out a close friend died out of nowhere would have been more upsetting. 
 
Saerin walks up to me and hugs me tightly "Everything is okay" She whispers and as much as i wanted to believe her, I couldn't. If everything was okay, Sehun wouldn't be here, not now, not ever. We all walk out of the hospital with Sehun in our thoughts.
 
 


 

"Don't let anyone come see me right now" I whisper to Kyutae "I don't want them to be more worried than they already are." I try to swallow with my dry throat "Tell them I'm okay." I could hear myself sound weak and I didn't like it.

 
Kyutae nodded "You will be. They'll have permission tomorrow morning"
 
He checks the IV bag and walks out. My eyes felt droopy and I can feel myself slowly shut my eyes. I thought about everyone but mostly about Hayoung. She was the last person I thought of before I fell asleep.
 
 
 
 
 
Jung Seoyoung
Cheon Hayoung
Kim Donghyun
Lee Minwoo
 
All the names running for homeroom class president. I stare at all four names trying to take over my spot. Another ing reason why I don't want to be in school.
 
I look around and decide that I should probably skip this whole week. It really doesn't matter if I'm here or not. It doesn't take long to agree with myself and I head out. I decide to go to the bluff and figure out how else I can kill time. I scoff, time....like I have any.
 
 
 
 
 
"Sehun" my little idiot brother stops playing the piano and runs towards me "Let's play soccer!"
 
"You're almost done" I smirk
 
He sighs and throws his head back. He turns to look at the teacher who is impatiently waiting. What is she so mad about, she has the time in the world.
 
He whispers "I don't like her"
 
I kneel down and whisper back "Then, let's give you a break." I stand up and shout "I'm going to kick your " I smile at him. He was the only person beside my friends I can tolerate.
 
"I'm going to kick your !" He shouts back and runs ahead of me.
 
I turn to face the woman who looks beyond furious "You can take the day off" I smirk 
 
"Actually, I'm taking everyday off. I quit and be sure to tell your parents that."
 
She storms out and I could care less but I needed Daehun to keep practicing how to play the piano if I'm going to want him off my back about the whole dancing . I had given that up. I stopped then and I'm never going to start again, even if it's for Daehun. I just couldn't find a way to dance knowing that I wasn't going to be able to do something I love anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm very disappointed Sehun." My father dragged me to his study to complain to me about making a music teacher quit? I did him a favor. 
 
"What's the big deal? You can always just hire a new piano teacher."
 
His eyes pop wide open "Why do I need to do that? I was referring to you not attending school. Your mother's brother called me to inform me you haven't been showing up."
 
What was the point of having an uncle as the principal if he wasn't going to be put to good use.
 
"I don't care how your mind sees things, you're still going to school. If you refuse I will hire a personal body guard to make sure you go and he will follow you around every second of the day. Do we have an agreement."
 
I clench my jaw and I'm beyond annoyed of the whole situation.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I knew I was late to class and I can care less. The man of the house said I needed to start showing up but he never said anything about being on time. I walked in the middle of whatever Mr. Hwang was talking about and I felt everyone stare.
 
When he stops me from walking to my desk, he makes me turn in my black cap. Are you ing kidding me. He knows who my uncle is and rules or not, I didn't care to follow them. I knew I wasn't going to get in trouble for it. 
 
I see him call for campus security to me but I decided to walk out to save everyone the trouble. .
 
 
 
 
 
 
After a long discussion with the man in charge of the ty private school I was allowed to leave and go home. Of course my parents weren't too happy about it but to save time and keep them from nagging at me, I acted like I was wrong and pretended to agree with them. 
 
I walked in class with my white earphones as I listened to my playlist. I had a few more minutes before class started before I can put it away. Not like I planned to.
 
I sit on my desk and the music stopped and I paused it as I looked for another song. I notice that Cheon girl stand next to me and she told me to take my ear phones off. I ignored her and played another song. She stood in front of me and I just stared at her with annoyance. I was trying to enjoy my music but her standing there bothered the out of me.
 
I knew perfectly well who she is. She was the girl who needed everything done perfectly, she carried that stupid planner everywhere, and now she's taking over my old position.
 
I decide to remove one earphone and then she tells me to take the other one off. She thanks me and I smirked behind her back. No one tells me what to do. I placed it back on and don't care if I get sent back to my uncle's office.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I sat there in front of him as I got in trouble for something so stupid.
 
He sighs "You need to stop. This behavior is unacceptable and by now you would be expelled. However, your mother wants you to continue with your education regardless of the circumstance."
 
"She told you?" I raise my voice. I didn't expect her to have anyone outside the household know. 
 
He nods "I understand how you feel—"
 
"You don't know ."
 
He gulps and nods once more "I'm going to have the senior class president get you back on track and there are no negotiations." He starts typing away and makes a call. 
 
 
I smile at Youngmin has he explained his reason why he couldn't help me and I was smirking because for once I was thankful. I stare at my uncle as he excused Youngmin and I stood up, fixing my uniform blazer.
 
"Well, you tried. There's nothing we can do now."
 
"Wait" He stops me and makes me sit back down.
 
Cheon Hayoung was going to be on my and I didn't like it one bit. There was no way this girl was going to leave me alone because I knew how crazy she can get with being responsible with things. Now I wished it was Youngmin rather than her. 
 
 
 
 
 
I was standing at my locker, excited that one ty day at school was over with. 
 
"You ers are not going to believe who wants me nuts" Chanyeol shuts his locker "Saerin."
 
We all laugh, Chanyeol always noticed that girl but her and her friends never cared to talk to any of us. So, we had a feeling he was speaking out of his .
 
"I knew you idiots would laugh" He pulls out his phone and shows us the text messages. It looked like he really was talking to her.
 
"Why is she talking to you?" Kris asks
 
"She needed help planning her party."
 
"I don't think she wants your nuts" Kai laughs "She's just using you since that's the only thing you're good at, throwing parties."
 
"Are you going to do it?" Kris asked
 
Chanyeol was about to reply but he looked away and we all turned to what made him stop. I was right, Hayoung was telling me what to do again. I honestly had better to do than to worry about something I'm not going to be able to use later in life.
 
Kris gives her a hard time and I found it pretty amusing, I could tell she was getting worked up. Once she was gone, I didn't care what she just told me to do or where to meet her.
 
" that" I push Kris off of me "Let's get beers tonight?"
 
"You heard Hayoung" Tao replies "You have to meet her for a project."
 
I sigh, she didn't mention anything about a project but if that's what they believed, I was going to play with it. I didn't want them to know I was falling behind school and I didn't want to lie to them. I'm already keeping something from them and I wasn't looking to add more lies to feed them.
 
"Who cares" I close my locker "It's senior year"
 
Kai wraps his arm around my shoulder and ends up agreeing with me. The good thing about having friends like them is that they always went with the flow. I didn't need to explain myself any more and we were off, getting ready to get faced.
 
"At least tell her you're not going to show up" Tao adds
 
I groan to make him shut up. He was ruining my good mood. Then, I realized I didn't have her number. I was going to have to ing come back to school to tell her, I take that back. It wasn't Tao who was killing my mood, it was her. 
 

 

So, S U R P R I S E! That's what I had in mind. I wanted to give you guys Sehun's POV :) Don't worry, I'm not going to repeat the story. I only did on this one kind of to just get the vibe going. I'm going to have Hayoung's POV's still but there will be small important flashbacks to give you more answers of how the bet started and why it did and to just let you experience their messed up situation from his POV...I hope you guys don't mind. Like I've said, I'm N O T going to repeat the story so don't worry. 
 
Thank you guys again, everyone! I can't tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you for the amazing support and for reading! I love you guys sosososososo mucccccccch xoxo