Sweater Weather

Breath of Life
The night kept going and I sat down with the girls around the fire pit that Chanyeol set up for us. Even though it was their goal to get me wasted, it wasn't working only because I had my secret trick in my hands. I had my red cup filled with water, it never failed to make them believe it was vodka. 
 
Even though I was sitting next to the fire I was still cold. Kyungri and Saerin didn't mind or feel chilly because at this point they were pretty intoxicated. 
 
"Cold?" Yixing's voice make me look up. I catch his dimple that causes me to smile
 
I nod "I'll be fine" I stretch my arm out to get heat for my palm
 
"Here" He removes his jacket and places it over me
 
I thank him and he sits down on the empty spot next to me.
 
"Lay!" Saerin notices him and has a big smile on her face "Where have you been, we miss hanging out with you"
 
He chuckles and shyly looks away "I went back to China for a while to visit a few friends."
 
"How was that?" I ask
 
"It felt good." He pauses "I really needed that trip"
 
His words made me wonder if it was because of what happened a couple weeks back. 
 
"Come on Kyungri." Saerin grabs her by the wrist "Let's take another shot" She turns to face us "Are you ready birthday girl?"
 
I lied "I'll go right now."
 
She smiles "Okay" 
 
They both left us alone and it suddenly felt awkward for the first time. I didn't know exactly what to say and it surprised me that neither did he.
 
"Do they know?" He breaks the silence "About Sehun?"
 
I shake my head "The only people that know are his parents, his main housekeeper, me, and you."
 
"He's going to have to tell them soon right?"
 
I stare at the fire, thinking about how hard it must be for him. "It's not easy, you know?"
 
My eyes meet his and he nods in agreement "How are you doing with all of this?"
 
I tuck my lips in and run a strand of hair behind my ear "I'm just trying to be strong and enjoy every minute I can with him. It's all I can do." I pause "I'm sorry for making you keep a secret like this"
 
"I don't mind" He leans in forward, resting his elbows on his knees and playing with his hands. 
 
"I do" Sehun's voice makes us both look in the same direction where he is standing. I turn to face Yixing who sat up straight and stared at me.
 
"I'm sorry." He stands up and apologizes to Sehun "Don't take it the wrong way."
 
He eyes Yixing toe to head "I trust her."
 
His words touch my heart, Sehun trusts me? It's the first time I hear something meaningful and nice come out of his mouth.
 
Yixing nods at Sehun and looks down at me "I hope you enjoy every minute" He lightly smiles and I knew exactly what he meant.
 
When Yixing walked pass Sehun, I noticed that Sehun didn't stop staring at him.
 
I softly chuckle "Don't look at him like that"
 
"I don't like him." He walks up to me and sits across from me
 
"Don't be like that" I kindly reply "He likes you." 
 
I hope that makes Sehun feel better about Yixing. It was partly true, Yixing didn't like him for what he did to me but he has a better understanding of Sehun.
 
"He likes you." He quickly adds without hesitation and filled with reassurance.
 
I put my head down because I knew how Yixing felt about me and I couldn't disagree with that fact. 
 
He continues "But I think I like you more." I look back up and he was smiling at me "Even though I didn't give you anything for your––"
 
"Yes you did." I cut him off gently "I have you." I look away, face flushed of embarrassment of my confession but I meant it with all my heart.
 
As it remained quiet, I thought about my own words. I did have Sehun but not for long and I wondered if my wording made him second guess his feelings. I shut my eyes hoping I didn't push him away. 
 
"Then," I hear him softly chuckle once under his breath "I'm going to have to step it up."
 
My head lifts back up, brown eyes to brown eyes. 
 
He adds "I'm sorry Hayoung"
 
Every time he used my first name I knew he was mad at me but this time it slipped smoothly and gentle out of his mouth.
 
My eyebrows pull in together "For?"
 
Now it was his turn to look away from me but he manages to regain composure and meet with my eyes again. "For doing what I did to you."
 
He finally apologized for the damage he caused. It felt nice to have him finally say those words to me and it made me realize that this was a way to find closure and be able to move forward.
 
I smile "Which part?" I tease
 
He his lips and nods catching my joke, he taught me well. 
 
"You're not funny" He takes a sip of his water bottle
 
"Then stop smiling" I can't help but to laugh.
 
He tries but poorly fails and it caused us to both share a laugh. I stand on my own two feet to walk towards him. I stick my hand out for him to grab. As much as I appreciated his apology, it was my birthday and we should be having fun. 
 
"Let's go" I gesture him to take my hand and he does.
 
When I help him up, his tall figure makes me look up into his eyes now. He stares deep into them and instead of making me feel flustered, I smiled. 
 
"You look really pretty tonight" He admits it nice and simple way he knows how.
 
"So, are you saying other days I don't?" I tease.
 
He squeeze my right side that he knows where to make me laugh. "Shut up"
 
He's about to kiss me but stops himself "I can't kiss you with that jacket on"
 
I forgot that I was wearing Yixing's jacket. "Funny" 
 
"I'm being serious"
 
It amused me that the one who once hated me is now telling me some other guy's jacket is a bother and he can't kiss me.
 
"But I'm cold" I chuckle
 
He sighs and smiles at me "I'll give you my jacket"
 
"No, you're going to get cold and I don't want you to get sick"
 
"It's too late for that" 
 
He starts removing it off but I place my hands on top of his. I stop him and look into his warm brown eyes.
 
"I'll give him his jacket back and ask Chanyeol if he has any I can barrow."
 
"If you can't wear mine you can't wear anyone else's."
 
I playfully roll my eyes and chuckle "Okay jacket police"
 
"So what's it going to be Cheon?"
 
I bite my lip and mischievously smile "No jacket." 
 
 
 
 
 
Yixing understood why I was returning his jacket back. I instantly felt cold and wrapped myself in my own arms as I walked through the patio. I smiled at a few people and waved at them as they called my name out. I finally caught Kai playing a game with Chanyeol of beer pong. As I walked towards them I noticed they were beating the other guys. 
 
Saerin smiles at me and places her arm around my shoulder "I love you" She pulls me in for a hug "Happy Birthday" She releases me after and puts her attention back to someone else.
 
Suddenly I feel a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. Sehun's warm embrace without a doubt made me smile and feel giddy inside. He doesn't say anything and I wasn't expecting him to. I just stood there letting him hug me and watched Kai and Chanyeol dominate their game.