Speaking Up

Breath of Life
Another morning and I tried to not stare at my phone too much. Since yesterday I waited to talk to Sehun since he left the hospital without saying anything and when I met up with everyone for lunch yesterday, the guys tried calling him to come out but Sehun made an excuse to why he couldn't. So, I was hoping for a call or text. 
 
I was finishing up in the powder room before heading to the hospital when Sumi knocked on my open door. I smile at her.
 
"Is the car ready?"
 
She nods "Before you leave, someone is here to see you"
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was hoping it would be Sehun and I was a little disappointed to see Misung waiting for me downstairs. She bows when I reach her and I'm a little confused to why she would be here.
 
"Good morning Miss Hayoung" 
 
I lightly bow back "Good morning."
 
She hands me the familiar bracelet. I stare at the infinity charm that I gave to Sehun a couple nights ago. My eyes immediately shoot up at Misung.
 
"Mr. Sehun wanted me to give this back to you." 
 
What is his problem? This little back and forth give-back is starting to get frustratingly annoying. He's sending his housekeeper now, thinking I was going to simply take it? Well, he's absolutely wrong. I wouldn't care who was handing it back, it wasn't going to stop me from letting him keep it. He was definitely going to get it from me when I see him at the hospital.
 
"I'm not taking it" I cross my arms but not out of rudeness "put it back in his room and I'll deal with him later." 
 
She nervously swallows and looks away "I promised him I wouldn't say anything." She pauses "I've been taking care of him since Daehun's age. He changed a lot when he found out he couldn't respond to treatment anymore. I noticed since you came into his life, he slowly started acting like himself again." She looks up at me "I strongly believe you're the best thing for him at this moment. I don't want to see him leave, running away from his fate."
 
I uncross my arms. It was a big surprise listening to what Misung was confessing to me. 
 
"I'm telling you this because no one else knows and I feel like you're the only one who can convince him to stay. He's heading to Incheon International Airport."
 
My heart dropped to my stomach and my chest felt uneasy "Why is he there?"
 
She whispers "He doesn't want to be around anyone when—"
 
Misung didn't need to say it because I didn't waste time running out of my house. The only thing that was going on in my mind was to catch up to him.
 
"He's heading to Europe" Misung calls out making me stop my steps "Don't let him go"
 
I nod "Sumi, call Dr. Kyuate and let him know I won't be able to make it this morning"
 
She nods and I rush the chauffeur to quickly take the fastest streets or shortcuts to ICN. I take out my phone and dial Sehun. As expected it's ignored. I call again but this time I get sent straight to voicemail. My calls didn't matter at this point, his phone was officially off. I groan in frustration.
 
My knee bounces impatiently, holding my hands together, hoping I get there on time and I find him. My heart beat matched my knee. The more time I waited in the car, the more my mind was able to think about all of this. I suddenly felt mad, how pathetic can he be? 
 
After what felt like forever, I was finally at Incheon. Cars, taxis, and busses were blocking the way. I wish I could just have the chauffeur run through all the cars to get closer to the right entrance. Impatient was no longer tolerable, I didn't care how far I was I opened the door and rushed out.
 
I kept running, avoiding people that were casually walking. I honestly had no idea where to go next, it's been a while since I've been to an airport. If I ever left Seoul, we already had a private jet so the whole numbers and gates were confusing. 
 
I tried catching my breath as I stared at the times. I felt overwhelmed and tried hurrying myself up to look for Europe on the big screen. My eyes scattered to all the different names and times and how fast they kept changing. I sigh and finally caught it.
 
I looked around to see which way led me to the right direction. My feet were on the run again and I was praying that Sehun was still on the first floor. Anywhere as long as he hasn't passed the other side to the departure section, it would be out of my hands if that happened. My eyes looked through every face that was surrounding the airport. I doubled checked every spot, making sure I didn't miss him anywhere. I couldn't find that half buzzed hair idiot anywhere! Then my heart clenches to a thought I don't want to think about. What if I'm late?