Beautiful Mess

Breath of Life

My phone had several unread text messages from Kyungri, Saerin, Haeryung, and Lay. I felt bad for ignoring all my friends this weekend but I just couldn’t and didn’t feel like talking to anyone. I wouldn’t be able to carry a conversation without having Sehun in mind. I remove my cardigan and place it on the end of my bed to get ready for a long warm bubble bath.

A knock on my door stops me from continuing my steps “Yes?”

When the door opens one of my maids bows and announces I have a visitor.

 

The cold but yet warm brown eyes struggled to look at me when I was walking down the stairs. I stop on the last step and allow the maid to continue, she excuses herself, leaving me alone with the idiot. It took a while for either one of us to say anything. Sehun pulls something out of his jacket and hands it to me. It was the infinity bracelet I bought for him.

“What are you doing?”

“Giving this back” He pauses

“Keep it”

He places it down on the stair rail “I don’t want it.”

I step off to stand in front of him “Why?” I pause staring into my favorite pair of brown eyes “It means something to you doesn’t it.”

“It doesn’t mean ”

“Then why did you bring it back?”

He walks off, the only thing he’s good at doing.

“No matter what ed up plan you have, whatever you do to push me away,” I blurt out and he stops his steps “it won’t work.”

I reach up to him and he turns to face me “Can you just hate me?”

“Just let me be here for you”

“That’s exactly what I don’t want.”

Without thinking I wrap my arms around him, I hold onto him, and to my surprise he doesn’t push me away. “I don’t care” I murmur

He lets me hug him for as long as I want but he doesn’t return the embrace. My head was resting on his chest and I close my eyes, savoring his touch because who knows when I’ll be able to do this again. I look up into his eyes and they had this look, like he wanted to tell me something but held back. I pull my arms away from him and stepped back.

“Don’t lie to me Sehun” I pause “Why did you bring the bracelet back?”

His brown eyes look away from my gaze and focus on the ground

“It’s just a bracelet”

I nod because I knew he was keeping something.

“You have feelings for me” I pause “don’t you”

He lightly chuckles “You’re wrong Cheon”

I shake my head in disagreement “There is no other reason for you to give it back”

He cups my face and his lips lock with mine, taking me completely by surprise.

Our lips pull apart “You see that” He pauses with his cold eye piercing directly into my warm brown eyes “I can kiss you and it won’t mean anything to me”

“Do it again then” I demand and secretly test him

He crashes his lips with mine and this time I made sure to kiss him back. The first kiss was only short because he kept it that way but this time around I ran my fingers behind his hair and cupped his cheek with my free hand. He wasn’t responding at first but he eventually gave in.

His touch was different, it wasn’t harsh. It had softened as the kiss got deeper and I had satisfaction in my heart knowing that he did feel something for me.

“Say you want to be with me” I demand between our kiss

“No” He whispers

My lips carefully pull away “Then stop kissing me”

Another test was provoked. I place my lips tenderly onto his and instead of pushing me away, he pulled me in closer. We hear the front doors open and Sumi’s voice makes us break the kiss.

“She’s going to be really happy to see you”

My eyes stare at her coming in with Lay. My heart felt horrible knowing I had done something bad behind Yixing’s back. I notice his eyes look at me but it didn’t take long for him to notice Sehun. Sumi also noticed and I could tell she wasn’t sure what to do, she clears and excuses herself, leaving me alone with the two boys.

Sehun his lips, walking off without saying anything and Yixing doesn’t stop him.

In a strange way I was pleased knowing that he did feel something for me but it didn’t take long for me to feel awful as my eyes meet Yixing’s.

“You’re here early” I break the silence but my voice was low

He nods “I was going to surprise you”

The tone of his voice broke my heart. He wasn’t yelling at me or mad for that matter, which made me feel more awful for what I’ve done. Although we weren’t together, I knew it wasn’t right for kissing Sehun when clearly I was taking things slow with Yixing.

“Did he come to apologize?” He asks but not meeting my eyes

“No” I couldn’t lie, not in front of his face. There was a long pause before I spoke again “He came to return something to me.”

“Do you like him?” His question frightened me and I had no idea why

My arms cross, feeling uncomfortable and guilty “Yixing…”

“You do, don’t you?”

There was no way I could find strength to look into his eyes and respond to him. He takes a deep breath and exhales out.

“It’s okay Hayoung” He pauses “I’m not mad.”

“Yixing, I’m sorry”

“You don’t have to be” He lightly smiles at me “I guess I always knew somewhere in the back of my mind that you had feelings for him.” He pauses “I should have known by the way you looked at him at school. I shouldn’t have rushed things with you”

“Yixing, I promise” I manage to look at him “the last thing I want to do is hurt you.”

He nods “I know”

“Everything is just messed up” I sigh “I tried moving on and I do have feelings for you and I really did want to try to see where things could go between us but—”

“Hayoung, you don’t have to explain anything to me” He smiles “If you want to be friends, I will always be there for you one-hundred percent.”

My eyes lost it again and it didn’t take long for my clear vision to fade into a big blur. I walk up to Yixing and hug him, he embraces me, and like before he lets me cry.

“He’s dying Yixing” I felt my words break and I knew deep in my heart that I could trust him with Sehun’s secret. I knew Lay wasn’t going to say anything because he wasn’t that kind of person. I feel his arms hold me in tighter for comfort.

He whispers softly “Then,” He pauses “you should be with him.” 


 

→ NO JOKE! I'm sooooo sorry for not doing my triple/double updates like I normally do but I've had to study and not only that but some of you also had tests this week so I didn't want to distract anyone! GOOD NEWS though is that I'll be able to finish my homework during cheer practice oppose to coming home and doing it since I over used my knee muscle, putting me out for the season which is okay I guess but not really since it's my last year buuuuut I know it could have been a lot worse so I'm looking at the bright side of things. I always got you guyssss :) I'm not going to lie, updates might not be doubled like usual but I will try k, love you guys xoxo