Poor Decisions

Breath of Life

His words were unexpected but at the same time unrealistic. Sehun needing me, there was no way. Something was telling me this was another one of his little bets.

“Bye Sehun” I was close to ending the call until I hear something strange in his tone

“Don’t” He slurs his words “Don’t hang up”

“Are you drunk?”

“I need you to pick me up” He slurs again

“Have you tried calling any of your friends?”

“They…they can’t drive”

I sigh “Call one of your drivers”

“My parents can’t know…they can’t know…I can’t drink.”

“So what am I supposed to do?” I began to get annoyed

“I need to get picked up”

“Drink water and eat something. It’s not that late so you have plenty of time to sober up”

“I don’t have time Cheon” He lightly chuckles “Remember, I don’t—“

“Call a cab.” I interrupt him not caring what he has to say

“Didn’t bring my wallet”

“Barrow money” I pause “I’m sure no one will have a problem since they praise you”

“I’m not going to do that”

“Then figure something else out.” I raise my voice

“Why can’t you just pick me up” He snaps back

“Did you forget what you did to me?”

There was no response on the other side and I wasn’t surprised one bit.

“Goodnight Sehun”

“Fine, I’ll drive myself”

“Sober up”

“Nope, I’m going to drive because you don’t want to pick me up.”

“Fine” I shut my eyes knowing that idiot would do it if I kept saying no. “Tell me where you are”

 

 

 

 

Good thing Sumi didn’t check up on me. I was able to leave the house again without giving her an explanation, giving me a chance to come home late if it takes long to pick this jerk up.

I check my phone that was giving me directions to Ryu’s mansion. I was 3 minutes away and with that I called Sehun.

 

I see him approach my car as he stumbles in his steps. Once he gets in he pushes the passenger seat back so he’s lying down covering his forehead with his forearm.

“You’re doing a good cause Ch—”

“Don’t talk to me.” I quickly interrupt him “Just sit there, not saying anything to me.” I turn to look at him “You’re used to that right.”

It was a rhetorical question and he got the idea. He smirked and I gave him a dirty look even though he couldn’t see it.

 

 

 

 

It surprised me that he actually listened. He didn’t say a single word to me throughout the drive. If he did, it would have made it a lot more intense than it already was. My car finally pulls up in front of his mansion home.

“Okay, bye.”

He pulls the seat back up with his eyes closed. I kept my view in front of me as he tried to put himself together. He was taking a long time and when I turned to look at him, he was trying to find the seat belt buckle. I sit there waiting as patiently as I can.

I sigh and just end up doing it for him.

“You..." He slurs “Night”

The nerve, he didn’t even bother to thank me or apologize for what he did to me. Then again, I’m the one who looks stupid for even showing him that I care by getting his drunken home.

He struggles to open the door and again he stumbles up the stairs. I was about to drive off but when I see him sit down, my habit of taking care of intoxicated people surfaced. It was in my nature to take care of them and sadly it had to be showcased to Oh Sehun.

I sigh as I got out of my car. I walked up to him and helped him get up. I’ve never done this to a guy and it was a lot harder than trying to help a girl keep her balance. Sehun was all muscle and in the circumstance he was in, he wasn’t helping by keeping his weight up.

“Where’s your kitchen?”

“In the house” He murmurs

“I know smart but where?”

“Just” He pauses opening the door “I’m going to bed”

When we step inside his home, it was dark, no sign of lighting except the dim lights that were against the wall, following the stair case.

“Can you walk up the stairs?” I ask as he lets go of me

He doesn’t reply. I observe him heading towards the stairs and he manages to get up but he clearly struggled. I catch my breath feeling a little better that he’s home now.

I scratch my head because deep down as a person I didn’t feel comfortable just leaving him like that. My feet began to look for the kitchen and when I finally came across it, I took an ice cold water bottle. It wasn’t going to help as much but at least in the morning he wouldn’t be suffering, although he deserved it.

When I reach up the second floor, I felt bad as I saw Sehun sitting down. I shake my head and softly chuckle in a low tone. Why did you drink so much Oh Sehun?

I guess it was a good thing I never left. I kneel down and wake him up with a nudge on his shoulder. My fingertips pushed in a few more times until he slightly opened his eyes.

“Drink this” I hand it to him

“What is it?” He asks

“Vodka” I lie

He immediately takes it from me and chugs it down. I raise an eyebrow to how quickly he responded to that, which concerned me a bit.

“Can you get up?” I ask softly

He exhales a deep breath out “Yeah”

My hand is spotting him as he made himself stand up. He begins to walk, dragging his feet towards his room. When he opens the door, I get chills down my spine. The memory of him making me think he loved me burns in my veins, making me regret coming after him.

I seriously need to work on restraining any weakness. I put myself in these positions, so if my feelings get hurt, it’s my own fault.

“Are you good?” I ask getting an urge to face palm my forehead for even doing so

His body turns around and his brown eyes were open but not quit “No.”

“What do you need?”

“For you to get the out of my life”