Unseen

Breath of Life

I was at my locker trying to get my things together but clearly my mind was somewhere else.

“Hey,” Saerin walks up to me with Kyungri and Tao “So this weekend, we’re going to—”

She stops as she stares at me. , I forgot to wash my face in the girls’ room.

“What’s wrong” …and she starts

“I stayed up all night working on this class assignment” I lied and she didn’t buy it

“Why were you crying?” She pulls her eyebrows together “Tell me now Hayoung.”

“It’s nothing”

“Then tell me” She demands

“I don’t want to talk about it right now”

I look over at Tao giving her a hint and she understood.

Tao even caught what I meant and he didn’t seem offended by it. “I’ll just see you guys later” He kisses Kyungri’s cheek and pats my arm “Smile”

If only he knew the reason why I couldn’t, he walks off leaving me with my two friends who I needed the most but I couldn’t talk about something so heavy at school. I needed to look well put together, I needed to seem like I was fine, I needed to act like nothing happened.

“Hayoung” Saerin softly says my name

I close my locker “Not right now.”

I walk away

“Fine” She shouts “But we are going to talk”

I didn’t turn back to face them, I just continued to walk down the hallway.

 

 

 

 

 

I took a deep breath before walking into class, I knew I was on time like most days and I wouldn’t see Sehun but I just felt so disturbed knowing I share this homeroom with him. I exhale out and before I step in class I turn over to Yixing when he called out my name.

“Hey, didn’t feel like going to the dance studio this morning?”

My eyes met his warm, gentle, lively eyes that he always had and before I can answer him, he’s the one to speak again.

“Is everything okay?”

I hate being read easily. No, not everything was fine. Everything was a mess.

“I’m fine. I just stayed up really late so I’m tired.” I force a smile

He stares at me with his mouth lightly open. I didn’t want the attention to be on me so to change the subject I turned it over to him.

“How’s your lip?” I ask as I walk in class

“Fine”

He chuckles and I place my things down on my desk.

“I bet you’re regretting it now”

“I mean,” He pauses and when our eyes meet, his innocent smile appears “It was worth it”

I had no words to reply because I wasn’t sure how to or what to say.

He looks away shyly “Anything to defend you.”

Suddenly the atmosphere between us felt awkward

He clears his throat “Girls should be respected, so I knew it was the right thing to do.”

He rubs behind his neck, begins to act strangely uncomfortable, and starts to fluster. “I’ll…I’m going… to go sit…” He smiles and walks off.

A quiet chuckle merged and made me smile, Yixing made me smile and it was something I needed. I carry the good vibe with me because that’s what I needed.

The bell rings and I take my seat, placing my notebook out along with my pens, planner, and textbook. When I look up, my heart stops when I see Sehun walk in. My eyes quickly drift away from his sight. I try to act as if I didn’t see him and continue fixing my things.

Now it was my turn to seem like I no longer cared for him.

I get this strange feeling in my gut and chills down my spine as I felt him approach. I acted as if I was reading something off the textbook but my eyes caught his lower part of his body walk pass my desk. I couldn’t help but to feel like deep down inside his ed up mind he was making fun of me. My hands balled up reminding me of how stupid I was.

This moment made me realize that he wasn’t this beautiful person I thought he was. As I look more into it, I got to really see the kind of person he is, which made me wonder why I didn’t see that person when I was falling in love with him.

 

 

 

 

 

I was getting out of yearbook trying to find my keys and I couldn’t find them, I know I put them in here. I stop my steps in the middle of the open hallways and dig further in my bag. I sigh in frustration when I see them around someone’s index finger.

“You dropped them” Kris smiles

“Thanks” I smile feeling relived “I would have been stuck here if I didn’t find them”

“I would have given you a ride”

I nod “Where are you coming from? I never see you out this late”

“Mr. Shin kept me late”

I shake my head “Why did you get in trouble?”

“I was just ing around class”

I start walking backwards towards my car “Well, I hope you learned your lesson” I smile and wave “Goodnight” I turn back around so I’m facing the right way as I walk.

“Are you talking to that new transfer student?”

I stop my steps and turn back around “We’re just friends”

“Are you still talking to Sehun?”

I sigh “No.”

There was a silence between us and he nods

“Then,” He walks up to me “Would you mind if I took you out sometime?”

I was thrown back, Kris always seemed to never care or make an effort to really get to know me so what made him approach me this way?

“I mean, I don’t think that would be okay.” I pause “I was talking to your friend before. I don’t—”

“Were you two ever official?”

Confusion was all I had going on through my mind, regardless if Sehun and I were ever official or not, it wouldn’t be appropriate.

“No but it wouldn’t be—”

“Then it doesn’t count.” He smirks “I know what you’re going to say but Sehun didn’t do anything to persuade it so that means he wouldn’t mind if I took you out. If he really wanted something more he would have made you his girlfriend, right?”

Sehun did want something more but it wasn’t to be with me, it was to use me.

“So, I’ll pick you up to grab something to eat before the all three night black out at Chanyeol’s this Friday.” He says it in a form that he isn’t asking.

Right, we were in May. It was that time of month.

“I’ll see you around” He walks away and I wanted to reject him then and there because this was so wrong. I shook it off and decided to just kindly tell him no when this conversation comes up again. I still couldn’t believe that, that just happened. Kris was making a move?

I had no idea he was even interested…I shake the thought away and get in my car.