Passive

Breath of Life

“Why didn’t you ask me to show you the dance studio yesterday when I was giving you a tour?”

We were walking down the hallway since class started in 45 minutes so we had to leave to have time to change back into our uniforms.

He smiled “I didn’t think you would know”

I laughed “What do you mean? I do go to this school”

His smile was sweet and his dimple appeared “I mean. You just didn’t seem like you danced” He takes a minute “You looked like—”

 “Like a compulsive control freak” My smile stays in place but decreases reminding me of how I look like to others. Reminding me how I looked like to Sehun.

He looks down at his feet that were walking in sync with mine “I wouldn’t say it like that. I think you’re different but I like different.”

“Nice way to cover it” I tease tucking a los strand of hair behind my ear “You must have been really popular with the girls back at your school.”

He smiles biting his bottom lip “Not so much”

“Don’t be so modest.” I playfully roll my eyes “Come on how many? Every week a different relationship, dating four girls at the same time?”

He laughs “Do I look like I’m the kind of guy?”

“No, you look innocent but those are the ones people say they need to be careful with”

“Will you still think that way about me if I told you I had a girlfriend?”

“Are you guys still together?”

“No, we broke up last summer”

“That doesn’t help your alibi”

“We were supposed to break up. She wasn’t too happy about me wanting to come to Seoul for college. She wanted us to be together but as selfish as it may sound, I wanted to pursue my dreams and I was willing to do a long distance relationship but she ended up finding someone else instead. She wasn’t willing to wait like I would have.”

Suddenly I felt bad for bringing this subject up and making him experience the memories again.

“I’m sorry”

“It’s okay,” He smiles at me and his eyes were soft as he stared “Like I’ve said, sometimes a new beginning isn’t always bad. Life will bring you something better.”

I nod agreeing with him and admiring how positive he was.

“Well, then I hope you do get accepted into K-Arts to get a fresh new start”

He looks away shyly “Maybe life already gave me something else.”

“A school uniform”

He chuckles “Sure” 

We reached the busy hallway that students were using, walking down or using their lockers. Yixing and I continued to walk down in silence. I began to think about how earlier this morning he was helpful and maybe he could take one final look before my audition takes place.

“Yixing” I pause “Would you mind if next week you can give me feedback before my audition?”

He smiles “Would you mind sharing the studio early in the mornings?”

I was about to answer him when I saw Sehun walking with Kai and Kris. His cold eyes stared at both of us but they shot back over to me. He held onto my eyes for a few seconds before he looked away giving me a quiet dirty look.

Kai lightly smile stopping his steps in front of me, Sehun passed by without looking at me again, and Kris followed right behind.

“Where are you two coming from?” His smile pulls down once he looks at Yixing

“We were at the dance studio” I reply

He nods “Walk me to class”

I was about to explain to him I needed to change clothes but before I could get a word out, Kai wraps his arm around me.

“I’ll see you later” Yixing smiles and we’re walking in opposite directions

Like always, Kai managed to make a guy keep his distance.

“Why do you always do that?”

“What?”

I remove his arm “When you see me talking to a guy you’ll drag me with you”

He smiles “Don’t get excited. I’m not into you if that’s what you think”

“Not one bit” I chuckle

“I do it for Sehun”

I scoff not believing him “Sehun does not ask you to do that”

“He doesn’t” He nods “But I know he wants to when he sees that kind of .”

 I cross my arms amused “We’re not talking anymore so you can stop”

“Guys need to know you’re off limits”

I roll my eyes “Kai, he doesn’t care”

“I know he likes you”

I scrunch my eyebrows down “Did he say that?”

“No”

I sigh with an overwhelmed smile. As we walked I decided that this might be a good chance to get some answers.

“Do you know if anything bad happened?” I ask

He stares at me, puzzled “What do you mean?”

I was about to tell him about Sehun’s prescription but our conversation got caught off when he turned his attention to his phone. He chuckles.

“I’ll see you during break”

I stare at him walking the original direction I was coming from.

“I thought I was walking you to class?” I shout

He playfully shouts back “I have needs you can’t give”

I can’t help but to laugh “Gross”

 

 

 

 

When I walk in class, I notice Yixing writing things down as he was sitting on his desk. When he looked up he smiled at me and I ree as I placed my things down.

I take a seat and next thing I know Yixing is sitting in Haeryung’s empty desk.

“Sorry if I got you in trouble with Kai”

I shake my head “He was just oddly being protective”

“He was just being a good boyfriend”

I cover my mouth to prevent a loud laugh to escape “No, no way. We’re really good friends”

“Are you sure he doesn’t like you?”

I remove my hand “He likes his girls but not me”

He chuckles and we stare at each other for a good second but my eyes look away up at Sehun who walks passed me, acting as if I didn’t exist.

“What guy wouldn’t like you?” He asks, clearly he didn’t notice my distraction. Who didn’t like me? Obviously the one boy I wanted.

Before I can put another word out the bell rang and Yixing went back to his desk. I wanted to turn around to look at those cold brown eyes that I grew to love. However, I needed to seem strong and to show whatever he was doing didn’t have an effect on me, although it did.


 

 

 

• I'm struggling with TITLE IDEAS! hahah sooooo sorry if they don't make sense or if they aren't creative -_-