Touch

Breath of Life

The three of us walked around enjoying our patbingsu, well Daehun and I were. I kept teasing Sehun whenever I savored the cold sweet shredded ice with every bite I took.

“So good”

His eyes were fixed in front of him and he tucked in his lips and noded. Okay, maybe I was being a little unfair. He somewhat deserved to have a bite.

“We’ll grab another spoon and you can have some”

His fingertips end up brushing with mine when he reaches over for the bowl. He uses the same spoon to take a mouthful and I couldn’t help but to smile, he ended making a mess.

“You have a little spot” I point at the upper part of my lip

He tries wiping it off with his finger but he wasn’t successful

“It’s still there”

He managed to remove a bit “Gone?”

I scratch my forehead hesitating to help him remove it but I stopped myself. He stopped his footsteps taking me by surprise when he grabbed my hand.

He asks “Where?”

My heart is pounding rapidly with a simple touch. I swallow and my finger lightly dabs on the spot. I was prepared to remove my hand away but he held onto it and slid my finger outlining his upper lip. When it was completely gone he still kept the grip of my hand. He stared deep into my brown eyes causing me to lose my mind, causing my feelings to only get stronger.

He slowly pulls his hand away and his lips, softly smiling and walking away.

 

 

 

 

Daehun was celebrating as he ran around their private soccer field. He was really excited that he shot another goal against Sehun.

“Daehun” Mrs. Oh’s voice makes all of us look over “Come on sweetheart, time to wash up.”

He whines “But I’m beating him mom”

“Then you’ll be able to sleep well tonight right?” She smiles warmly and glances over at me “How are you darling?”

I smile in return “I’m good thank you. How are you?”

She takes a deep breath and exhales it out “Better than most days” She looks over at Sehun and stares at him with worry. I track her gaze and Sehun looked down at the soccer ball, moving it back and forth with his foot.

“I hope you can join us for dinner” She smiles “My husband and I would love to have you over sometime this week.”

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Sehun blurts out and gives his mother an annoyed glare.

She looked uncomfortable and I shared the same feeling “Well, regardless you’re more than welcomed anytime.” She pauses and puts her attention on the youngest “Come on sweetheart”

He listens this time around without whining and says goodnight to me. I wave back at him as he managed to put a smile back on my face.

“I’m going to kick your !” Sehun shouts

Daehun turns back around and points at his older brother “Going to kick your ” He says softly. Mrs. Oh stares over at Sehun giving him the are-you-serious-look and walks off with him.

There was a silence between us, I wasn’t sure if he wanted me to stay but with the awkward vibe I felt like maybe I wasn’t wanted here.

“I’ll get going then too” I let go of air that I didn’t realize I was holding in “I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Do you want to go back to the bluffs?”

So that’s what he called that spot.

“Do you?” I ask

 

 

 

Once again we sat in silence just staring what’s out in front with the moon shining underneath the two of us. Even though we didn’t say much I was okay with just being near him and that he wanted to do the same. Although I wasn’t really sure, not after the way he said I wasn’t his girlfriend. Which of course I knew I wasn’t but it made me wonder, will I ever be? Do I want to be anything more than just friends?

When I look at him that question soon became meaningless, of course I wanted to be more than friends. It’s just hard to know if he even thinks or feels the same. I cut my own thoughts and my mind wondered to something that I’ve been curious since the start.

“How come you treat me a certain way but when you’re with your friends or Daehun you act—”

“They don’t piss me off.” His voice was stern

I was confused by his answer “Well, how do I piss you off?”

“You have everything.”

“You do too?” Something wasn’t right “What aren’t you telling me Sehun?”

He didn’t say anything else and I just wish he could open up to me, if he just let me in maybe I could help him in a way but he clearly has his walls up.

I continue speaking to him softly “If you’re keeping a secret, you can trust me.”

He scoffs “If I’m not?”

I knew he was but I didn’t try to argue my point “Then if you’re not,” I pause “I wish I could just understand you better.”

“Again” He scoffs “Wasting your time.”

I took a minute to myself and carried on looking down at my fingers “I wish I was you, that I could just live my life day by day without caring.”

He doesn’t say anything causing me to sigh

“I mean, I really like how you’re just…you”

“What does that mean?” He mutters

“You’re not like everybody else.” I pause “You enjoy your life spontaneously, while I…”

I couldn’t continue because it to admit it. The more I thought what kind of person I turned into the more I disliked the person I became.

“Do you want to know what Daehun thinks?”

I stare at him confused but curious at the same time “What?”

“He thinks you’re pretty”

I had no idea how we went from one topic to his little brother’s confession about me.

He turns his face over at me “Really pretty.”

I shyly look away from him. I glance back up about to say something when I suddenly see Sehun cup my face and feel his soft lips touch mine.

He lightly pulls away and sits back straight realizing what he just did. I sat there trying to get my thoughts together. Did he really just kiss me?

“Sorry”

“It’s okay”

“We shouldn’t have mixed business with pleasure. We have a strict partnership, we’re lab partners. Mr. Chong and the rest of the teachers won’t be too happy about this.”

He gets up and I realized he made a joke about this. I look at him walk away and I touch my lips and I can’t help but to softly smile.

 

 

 

He parked out front of my home and it took me a minute to finally ask him something.

“My step-mother is hosting a charity even this weekend. Do you think you can come?”

There’s an uncomfortable long silence, his eyes wonder around never meeting mine. “Yeah.”

I smile but I try hiding it before I look stupid. “Okay” I pause “I’ll see you tomorrow morning”

He nods and we left it at that.

 

When I reach my room I can’t stop replaying the image over and over in my head. It felt right, there was definitely something there. I place my hands on my face as I shake my head in disbelief of the moment that felt like a dream. It was official. My heart belonged to Oh Sehun.