Chapter 1

Time Machine

 

Chapter 1:

Seohyun's POV:

I felt the cold breeze of spring against my pink cheeks. Flowers petals were dancing with the bees and the butterflies. The fresh scent of cherry blossom was flowing like a river, window to window. The sun was high in the sky and no clouds could be seen. Studying in the Garden of Eden. This day could have been the most perfect day of school but it wasn't. I couldn't remember anything today. Not even a small piece of my past, not a single information of my childhood. Nothing. The doctor told me it might take time for my memory to fully recover but it's been too long. Eight years. Eight years without knowing who I was before this accident, not knowing anything about my previous lifetime. I had so much hopes, but they were all gone.
 
My name is Seohyun, I'm 17. I was supposed to live a happy life like any other highschool girl but someone decided that my life shouldn't be like it was meant to be. Eight years ago I had a car accident, I lost my step-father and my memory. When I was 4, my real father died because of cancer. My mother had lost the will to live. But few months after, she met my step-father, who was living alone with his son. His son and I became really close and our parents remarried. We lived a happy life until the worse happened. The car accident killed my step-father right away. But thanks to my step-brother, who loves to make people laugh, my mother fully recovered from my step-father's death. But I didn't recover my memory. Everything I know from my previous life, before the accident, was told to me by my step-brother, which I consider as my real brother. He took great care of me after the accident, and I'm really thankfull that I have a brother like him. 
 
The bell rang, snapping me away from my thoughts. I stood up from my chair and asked the students to bid goodbye to the teacher. Afterall, it was my Class Representant's job. I gathered my books but when I was about to take my leave, I heard two voices calling my name. I turned arround and my gaze met with two beautiful girls' one. My bestfriends.
"Seobaby, are you going home alone?" the petite one asked. "Do you want us to drop you off in front of your house?" the other, the blonde one, asked after. The one with the petite body is Kim Taeyeon. She was my first friend in Kindergarden. During our second year of Kindergarden, we both met Kim Hyoyeon, the blonde one, and since that moment, we became bestfriends. And again, thanks to my brother who told this to me, otherwise, I wouldn't have remembered. I smiled brightly. "Don't worry unnies, I'm going home with Jongin. But we can go home together tomorrow! Yagso!" I said. Hyoyeon patted my head. "Araso, araso. Don't forget that tomorrow we're having a sleepover at Taeng's house so don't overwork yourself tonight and sleep well because I don't think we're going to go to bed at eight o'clock!" she said as Taeyeon giggled. "Neh unnie! I need to go. Annyeong!" I said as I waved goodbye. They did the same and I walked away.
 
Arriving in front of the school's gates, I saw Jongin waiting for me. Jongin is my brother, well my step-brother. He's only one year older than me and takes good care of me. My brother is... Really handsome. He's got alot of fangirls but he doesn't have a girlfriend. He said that he didn't find the right one, just like me. Like I said before, Jongin and I are really close. He's the one who told me about my childhood but I still feel like he's been hiding alot of informations from me. And I hate that feeling. As soon as he saw me approaching him, his lips curved into a big smile. 
"Annyeong Gongju!" he said. Jongin calls me like that since we're five. He know I love sweet potatoes so he used to call me Gongju Goguma but because we grew up, he only calls me Gongju now, which means 'Princess'. I smiled. "Annyeong Kkamjong!" I said as I called him by his nickname. He took my hand and we both headed home, talking about our day at school.
 
As soon as we came back home, I went to my room and did my homework. I'm a very serious girl, I have good marks and usually talk formal to people, even to my friends. My mother told me my father was also very formal and she told me that because he used to read stories to me, I talk like him. When I was done, I went downstairs to the kitchen and I helped my mother to make dinner. We had dinner alltogether, asking our mother how she was doing at her new workplace. She was working for a famous CEO. Jongin and I washed the dishes as we let our mother relax. I went back to my room to put my pyjamas on and read few pages of my favorite book, named 'A Little Princess'. After a while, I went to Jongin's room. It became a habit going to his room every evening. We were talking about anything, our emotions, our friends, our secrets...
 
I knocked three times on his door. It was a little secret code we established when we were younger, so that way, Jongin would recognize if it was our mother or me knocking. He gladly let me come in after realizing it was me and I opened the door. And, as usual, he was lying on his bed, watching the white ceiling of his room, dreaming of anything. He sat up as I came in and closed the door behind me. "Come and sit here" he said while patting the spot next to him. And as usual, I did as he said. We started to talk about everything at school, then about our mother, how hard it might have been for her to raise us up alone, and I talked about my favorite book. Finally, he changed the subject. "Gongju... I need to tell you something." he said with a serious tone. I locked my gaze with his as I replied. "Sure Kkamjong, what do you want to tell me?". He started to play with his hands. "You won't judge me, right? You're not like those ing s at school, right?!" he asked. He looked really scared. "Of course not Jongin, but please... Stop cursing, you know I hate that!" I said, a bit disappointed that he cursed, once again. "Mianhae Seo... But I really want to know... You really won't judge me?!" he asked once again. I nodded. "Pinky promise?" he said in a childish tone, helding his small finger in front of me. I rolled my eyes and linked my finger with his. "I promise." I said firmly. Suddenly, he looked down. He was hesitating. "Well... I... I'm gay." 
 
As soon as he said this to me, my eyes widden. 'Wh-what?! Did I hear right?!' I thought, trying to calm myself down from this sudden confession. I opened my mouth but the words didn't come out. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. But, I mean, it's normal, MY BROTHER JUST TOLD ME HE'S GAY. Of couse I should be shocked! But still, he's my brother... "I know this might be sudden but the guy I like doesn't know about it and I'm not even sure he's gay!" Jongin replied in an awkward tone. I know he felt embaressed about this situation. "And that's why I need your help." he said. I turned my head to him and I finally spoke. "But... How?" I asked. He looked back at me. "All you have to do is get closer to him to help me learn more about him. I'm really begging you Seo... Please help me, you're my last chance." he said like he was about to cry. I thought about everything for a moment. I really like my brother... And he needs me. I replied. "Fine. I'll help you. But that's because you need me and that I love you. I'm your sister afterall." I said softly. He smiled. "Thank you so much Gongju! I love you too!" Jongin said as he hugged me. I replied to the hug and broke it as soon as I thought about a detail. "Now, may I know who my traget is? The one you like, who is it?" I asked curiously. Of course I was curious, who wouldn't be. He replied firmly. 
"Oh Sehun."
 
 
Hi guys! So this was the first chapter of 'Time Machine'. I hope you enjoyed reading it! Do you guys know why I chose the title 'Time Machine' for this fanfic? Well, I really really like the song from the same name of Girls' Generation. I thought it could fit Seohyun's situation perfectly because of her lost memory but also because of an other fact you will discover few chapters away from this one. 
Anyway, please subscribe to my story and put your impressions as comments so that I can improve my writing!
I'll try to update as soon as possible. 
Saranghae my lovely readers and subscribers!
 
Just imagine Kai being gay for real... THAT WOULD BE ING HARM!
 
 
I can't even imagine Seohyun's reaction... But we would respect it, wouldn't we?!
 
 
XOXO
 
BaekMin-Ah