Chapter 4

Peppero Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

(not so explicit to mark rated but also not suitable for kids)

Chapter 4: Curiosity Lures

 

We always feed our curiosity even if we don’t want to. They are like infants capable of holding your attention and making you give in to its whims. It cries to you. It uses a language without meaning but it is something you understand well. You reach out. You feed it. Curiosity is your child. Tied to you and at times, or rather, often, it is a demanding little devil.

 

Ji hyo could feel her pulse quicken with every step. Blood pounded loudly in her ears. She could almost laugh aloud at the absurdity of the situation.

 

Magic does not exist and certainly, coincidences can’t happen twice in a row. Although she’s already beginning to doubt that as the words from the leather-clad man came haunting her. He said they all come back. It was almost laced with pity, like a curse and now she’s also inflicted with it.

 

How she managed to retrace her steps to the Red Light District when she was just happily walking home after a heavy dinner of burger and fries, she doesn’t know. She tried closing her eyes, rubbing them, blinking rapidly, but it was not an illusion. She pinched herself hard but it hurt so much to be a dream. No matter how long and unsure her sighs had become, there was no more denying that she was indeed, back in that mysterious place.

 

According to the rumors floating around, the district was a hub of bars and exclusive clubs at the top of their games. Here, anything is possible. You are who you choose to be, even if that means you want to be a vampire or a Spartan gladiator. But no one had ever really claimed to have been there. It was like a not so secret, never talk about topic -- not really comforting but at least there was never a case of people missing or dying. It’s more of a myth to her until today.

 

In the end, she let her curiosity win. Well, she’d rather say she’s curious than admit there’s something forcing her to walk onwards. If someone asks her for direction, she won’t be able to answer but she has a destination programmed into her mind. In fact, everyone around her seems to know their way. There were no asking directions nor was there the typical ushers to lead people inside the establishments. It was creepy but Ji hyo isn’t afraid. She can’t really tell why, but she just knew that she’s safe.

 

Then she stopped and gazed at her right. She’s here.

 

Looking up she read the neon sign exasperatedly. She wished someone could explain how a flashy neon light could actually look classy instead of cheap and typical.

 

Spartan Bars.

 

She stared at the gate, door, or both (?), which reminds her of those dungeons at the medieval adventure games she loved playing. It’s as if a warrior would suddenly rush out and declare a war. Although she had been there once, she hasn’t paid attention to her surroundings that much. Well, being dumbly drunk was her excuse.

 

Now Ji hyo had to step back and take in the details. Her very clear head had readily supplied her with scenes you’d only see from novels and movies. She could remember the leathers, the metals, the dark promises but it seems her brain forgot the most important of all things -- self-preservation.

 

She needed to get out of there. It was dangerous… a place promising pleasurable pain --pleasurable?! Ji hyo almost groaned aloud. She couldn’t be thinking of that!

 

It was not a place for her and it would only prove him right -- that people always comes back. Just the thought of that smug smirk in his face made Ji hyo want to punch someone. He called her a and how did he knew? Did he peek or check while she was out? She wasn’t the kind to talk in her sleep and she couldn’t have tried to seduce him telling him to take her cherry or something… Ji hyo swallowed her embarrassment. She didn’t try anything weird -- right?

 

Ji hyo cringed. She’s never going to admit that the thought of seducing him made her actually imagine it in her head. She was mad not anything. Never was it because the man was actually y. Not because she itched to kiss away, not actually punch (she’s not that violent despite her reputation) that smirk in his face. It was his infuriating nature that clouded her vision with darkness and that managed to stop her from noticing the way that tunic, those leathers and metals accented and suited his muscular frame. Of course, Ji hyo had also never thought of putting the man, a few whips, riding crops and bed together in one picture -- of course, she doesn’t, it was just -- she frustratingly groaned as if in pain.

 

 Ji hyo stepped back. This was seriously too much for her. Even if she was foul mouthed, speaks as if she had actually bedded hundreds of men, fights like a warrior and drinks like one too -- this is still way beyond her league. Her mom will call any second now for the prayer and she’d get in trouble. Her family will cry and claim that their daughter will be condemned in everlasting fires of hell. So now, all she got to do was step back, stop salivating and be a little good girl.

 

However, before Ji hyo could run, she bumped into someone’s back, a solid wall of muscle with the scent of leather and mild perfume. The combination was not unpleasant at all… it was even familiar. It was as if it already happened… as if she knew this man and that’s bad because now her feet stopped and the traitors refused to move. She looked up at the person to apologize but the words were stuck on . He’s familiar…

 

The man could have been a professional assassin or the bad guy in a movie but those eyes were too gentle, like a mean big cuddly bear in leathers and metal maybe. He was not that scary. When her vocal cords finally worked again she was already being led into the dungeons. “I-I’m not… I’m just passing by. S-sorry.”

 

“Oh, but no one ever just passes by in here… not after spending a long time staring outside… come on. We’ll have so much fun.” The man winked, smiling at her. Even if his appearance looked mean it was the opposite. Unlike the bar. There’s nothing subtle here. It screams danger, the kind that you want to dabble with despite the consequences. It started to whisper promises, of secrets and satisfaction and that was scary because she was starting to say yes. She really tried, even halfway inside she was weakly protesting but it was calling her.

 

“But.”

 

“You were the woman yesterday. I remember already... not really hard for a pretty lady like you. This is just like the other night but now you’re sober and up. He’s here.”

 

“But I’m not here for--”

 

“This is the first time he actually went for it, well that Sae Yoon doesn’t count... He wouldn’t dare -- oh, doesn’t matter. Anyway I’m just happy for my friend and I can totally understand why he gave in to you.” He gave her a wide knowing smile and a thump on the back that almost sent her flying. “Uh sorry, still not used to my strength, you pretty, little lady. I sure hope he’d been gentle… just tell me if he tried funny business not that it’s my business but of course we are perfect gentlemen here, no ravishing.”

 

“What!? -- hey stop, just stop!”

 

“Aw don’t be shy little lady! Ah, here’s the butler… umm about the rules, he’d tell you.”

 

A speechless Ji hyo was dragged inside. She kept on telling herself it’s curiosity, nothing else and definitely not because of that muscled leathers.

 

That man… she seethed in anger maybe she would meet him again and ask why a Good Samaritan would kiss and tell mean-looking guy here about things that didn’t even happen. However, Ji hyo paled at the thought. Nothing happened. Surely, nothing did… and if she was in fact, ravished she’d know… right? How do first times feel after though? Shouldn’t she be hurting or something…? But she doesn’t have any idea outside literature and rated movies.

 

With another sigh, she faced the butler who appraised her as if she’s some kind of a gem. A worthless stone maybe.

 

“Unusual, but not the first.” The man who

Please log in to read the full chapter