Chapter 3

Peppero Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Things You Cannot Escape

 

You must only remember that in every reality, there’s a fantasy and in every fantasy there’s a reality. Aware or not, they exist together and is interchangeable depending on what you want to believe in.

 

 

“Hey…” the boy, barely a man, stirred with a groan. He pushes away the dead weight covering half his body and discovers he couldn’t move. When he tried to sit, he was pulled back to the floor by the gravity combined with booming headache. “Where am I?” he asks aloud.

 

“Locker room you idiot!” Another body twisted away from the tangle of limbs. The memories of last night flooded his confused brain. He remembers drinking an awful lot. It was supposed to be an initiation turned into an unforgettable night with the legendary sunbae. For hours, they had to listen to rambles, hatred and stuff that made his friends groan but gave his heart a little tug.

 

“Where’s sunbae by the way?” his other buddy who’s looming over him asked. He only shrugged.

 

“Maybe torturing anther poor soul somewhere…”

 

“Yah, be careful. What if she hears you?”

 

“Then bye sunbae, hello nutcracker.”

 

~~:~~

 

Jong kook cautiously eyes the female pinned under him. He narrows his eyes and leans, applying more force in her wrists. The look of terror in her eyes stuns him and he loosens his grip a bit. “I’m going to let you go if you calm down.”

 

She didn’t make a sound, fear still evident on those brown orbs. He blinked, not liking the little voice in his head telling him what he wants to do. Jong kook groans and lets her go. “Anyway what’s your name – awrghh! Oh god! What the !” he twisted in pain and dropped to the floor in agony.

 

The door slams shut. The unimaginable sensation in his crotch left him breathless, white spots of light dancing behind his tightly shut eyes. Then he laughs in relief.

 

 

Where am I? Who is that crazy man? She asked herself a million times as she raced along the unfamiliar streets. She remembers tricking the freshmen into an initiation for the sheer fun of it last night. Things got a bit out of control but she clearly remembers going home, or trying to do so. How can she get lost in the neighborhood she had memorized by heart?

 

Ji hyo visualized what she saw when she woke up. There was that man sleeping on the floor. She felt a little bit relieved after taking note that they’re clothed and her body is not hurting in questionable places.

 

After walking around for half an hour, depressed and unsure if she could be coherent enough to ask for directions, she finally ends up in the main streets of Itaewon. With her bearings back in place, Ji hyo trudges the way home with a massive hangover and hatred for the man in leathers. I should have broken a few more bones before I left!

 

~~:~~

 

“Did she attend any of her classes?” the tallest of the freshmen trio said aloud while they changed into their taekwondo uniform. He only got a shrug from his friends and an I-don’t-really-care stare. “You know… even though she’s tough and all, she was drunk and alone. I can’t help but worry…” his statement earned him questioning looks from his friends turning him into a shade of tomatoes. “Whatever it is you guys are thinking you’re terribly mistaken.”

 

“Yah, Cheondoong did you forgot already that she kicked you in the balls? And she tricked us. If we were caught we’re expelled.”

 

“Was my fault. And we weren’t caught.”

 

“Eyy, if you continue this I’d start to believe you like the angry .” Cheondoong clamped his hand on his friend’s mouth and leaned closer, “yah shut up.”

 

“G-get off!” the other one struggled, failing to get away from the bigger boy.

 

“Cheondoong, Seungho cut it out! The sunbaes will arrive soon and we haven’t prepared the place yet.” With a sigh, the two boys parted and went on to do their tasks with the occasional mocking remarks, snarls and glares.

 

I only hope everything’s okay…

 

~~:~~

 

“Is he in yet?” the butler asks while he scans his notes, crossing out what seems to be a checklist. Seung Hoon was patiently walking behind him when all he wanted was to be miles away from the man. Although he had never had any qualms working in the club, the butler has an intimidating aura that he has never really fancied.

 

“Nope, haven’t seen him, butler.”

“When is he coming in?”

 

“Got no idea. I haven’t talked to the man since the incident last night.” he said with a shrug. After he left the girl with Jong kook, he didn’t check on them again and he just forgot about it.

 

 The butler let out a strange, disappointed noise and continued to walk. They passed the main hallways twice already, went into the kitchen, and inspected the stage. He wondered until when he has to follow the man like a dog but he couldn’t bring himself to ask.

 

“Why are you following me?”

 

“What?” Seung hoon said, startled when the butler turned around abruptly at him. The bouncer felt embarrassed and with all the politeness and normalcy he could summon, Seung hoon says, “I’m going to go and check my team then.” he goes off before the butler could say another thing, which he doubts will happen if he stayed.

 

Damn you Jong kook, just where the hell are you? You can’t be running away again…

 

Please log in to read the full chapter