Chapter 2

Peppero Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Hints

 

There are things you can read about and then claim you know about it. Others will say, experience is a better way for you to learn. Either way is learning and both sides are truths. The judgment is now up to the situation that can proclaim both as lies.

 

At exactly seven, the metal bars scattered in various places inside Spartan slid up adding more to the illusion and the motif of the place. Lights were switched on giving a warm, dim but classy look. The stage came to life. The slow tempo of an exotic melody filled the club.

 

All the elements – the chains, the five-star tables and private booths, the stage, the romantic but seductive music, the gladiator fashion – they are all in contrast with each other and yet they attained a harmonious union that one can’t fully describe.

 

Perhaps it’s the differences making the puzzle complete, or maybe the mystery is the main attraction here but Gwang soo could say in his first five minutes inside, there would never be another place like that anywhere else.

 

The butler made his rounds several times, doing pep talks or something similar to the different teams. For now, he decided to sort out the people inside by groups.

 

Team baristas operate the bar. He was with another bartender and they were of the same age. He says his name is Joong ki but others called him wolf. He wanted to ask him why but the hostile atmosphere between them in their territory told him not to. At least, he discovered, the wolf boy was good in supporting his stunts. Some of the staff had even given them thumbs up when they tried a routine.

 

Near their station, if you look at the back past the massive pillars that reminded him of Goliath chained into columns, was the servers stations. Gwang soo hadn’t spotted any women in the club yet but the servers were all elf-like, deceiving Gwang soo into thinking they were women. With lithe, tall and slender builds. Their hair was all dyed white blond, long and tied up in ponytails. Their outfit consisted of black materials that were softer and more delicate, fastened in leathers and strings. They all move fast and Gwang soo swears they can slip past any opening or serve hundreds of people even if there’s no more than ten of them.

 

Loitering around the place were a smattering of beasts or the team bouncers. They all look like someone you wouldn’t want to see in an empty alley even in broad daylight. They were the noisiest of the bunch with unoffending jokes and erse language. Though they may all look sinister and akin to veteran fighters, they were the jolliest and most friendly group. In fact, Gwang soo had already made friends with their leader Seung hoon who likes cola more than beer but refrains from it saying it’s not good for his beloved muscles.

 

In the place dominantly filled with dudes dressed in blacks and leathers of various styles, the team organizers stands out with their white outfits. Gwang soo thought that Greek scholars might have inspired their uniform. The only difference is that it has a rougher and shorter cut, like an over-sized shirt. Their arms are clad in silver fastenings and so were their hips. Like a type of pants that looked like bandages rolled around their legs. Although, Gwang soo thinks it’s just an illusion and they’re just really wearing uniquely designed pants. Sandals reaching their knees and sashes completed the ensemble. These people, he counted four of them, roamed around and served as supervisors.

 

The butler has his team too and they were all dressed alike. The butler is of course dressed similarly to an English man and his minions too but they lack that gentleman charisma. Butler’s assistants also have the crisp shirts and the vest but it’s a fully black outfit. The tall newbie guessed that team is in charge of seating the guests and seeing to their other needs.

 

In Gwang soo’s opinion, although he likes the bouncers, the best place to be in was the kitchen. It was undermanned but the chatty chef says they have their own magic. Jaesuk, the head who keeps msg and spices in his pockets was very friendly. The next best thing there was that they are all in casual clothes. Jaesuk and his boys even made fun of his black shirt and leather pants. He thought it was better and at least it’s something he wouldn’t be embarrassed of wearing outside the Red Light District. That was until Jaesuk told him he forgot his metal bracelets that covered most of his forearms.

 

Then there’s the male-geishas as Jaesuk called them but in the club, they are called the soldiers. They aren’t your regular escorts. If you had watched Hwang Jinyi, you’d know. Those men were trained to give you what you want and to know what you need. It was a taboo to talk about what the soldiers really do. They said Gwang soo would see. He doesn’t know why but he’s already excited to meet one.

 

See, those soldiers are that elusive. Gwang soo wonders how they look. Will they be literally soldiers dressed in those skirts, boots and plate mails with helmets and swords at their waist? Or will they look like heavenly soldiers similar to that huge mural of the holy army in the ceiling leading to the main room?

 

“Hey Gwang soo… hey!” Gwang soo dumbly stared at the wolf boy who was looking at him with unreadable expression. “Smarten up newbie.”

 

The taller man wanted to retort but thought better of it when the doors opened and the guests came pouring in. He suddenly realized the music had changed and he wanted to laugh. Seriously, a ballad?

 

His eyes sought the stage and he was stunned to find one of the soldiers on stage.

 

His hair was messy and jet-black. As if he had just gotten out of bed or as if someone had run their hands on it repeatedly. He was clad in all black, looking rebellious and the metal fastenings around his body looked like shackles binding him. He exudes an aura that says he wanted to be out. His voice seemed pained, sorrowful but hopeful. He fits right in perfectly. While the place screams of torture and bounds, this man was the ultimate portrayal of that. Gwang soo gulped.

 

“He is the star here… don’t fall for his charms Gwang soo.”

 

He looked at his partner incredulously, sho

Please log in to read the full chapter