Sign

The Replacement

[Taeyang]

“Are you finally going to school?” My sister greeted as I come down the stairs. I don’t know what has got me to get up out of bed into my school uniform and ready for school. I released a faint smile and nodded my head.

I was almost at the door when I heard her call behind. “No breakfast?” She said.

“No, not up for it” I replied and walked out of the door.

It’s been two months since So-Ah passed away. I still get nightmares every time I close my eyes about her telling me she loves me the night before she died. I didn’t know whether or not it was right for me to go back to my normal life as early as two months but all I know is I couldn’t stay inside the house every single day.

. . .

“You know I’m kind of angry at you right now,” I started as I sat in front of So-Ah’s grave. The stone read, ‘A loving daughter, friend, sister and fiancé. I love you forever.” “You left me all by myself, and I have to deal with the people who would come up to me and ask if I am okay. I’d have to lie to them and say that I am just so they can get out of my face – just so they wouldn’t worry. But they will never understand that without you, I’ll never be okay.” I continued.

“How are my days going to look now without you next to me every morning that I wake up? How am I going to go through all the the company will put me through without you? I don’t know how long I’d be able to put on a brave face.” I said as I adjust myself next to her grave stone.

“You were the only one who really got me, you know. You were the one person that I don’t have to hide from, and the one person I trusted, still trusts with my life. And now that you’re gone, where does it leave me now?”

For as long as I can remember, I only lived for two things; my job and So-Ah. But now that she’s gone, and working my off don’t really matter anymore, what else am I living for?

I stood up where I was standing and look down on So-Ah’s grave. I sighed to myself as reality starts to hit again but for some reason no more tears escapes my eyes. I guess even they are too numb to come out.

“Just give me a sign to continue on with my life, and maybe, just maybe I’ll reconsider that this life is still worth living.” I said before walking away.

. . .

I got to school and everyone’s eyes were on me. It was like I was the top news; needless to say I am the news. With So-Ah’s passing, everyone expects me to bury myself in the house and not leave for who knows how long. In all honesty, I would love to do that but then I’d end up dead.

“Hey,” I heard someone said. I looked up and saw my friend Mitch. She looked at me with so much sorrow and apologetic. Two months ago she looked at me the same, and that hasn’t changed. “What are you doing here?” She asked sounding like she was demanding for an answer.

I gave her a faint smile and wrapped my hand around her shoulder.

“I’m fine if that’s what you want to know.” I said to her as we continued to walk the hallway. “You’re late for class, I’m on the other block, and I’ll see you later.” I said as I push her towards the stairs.

“Call me if you need anything” she said. I nodded my said as a reply and waved goodbye.

The other block wasn’t as quiet as the other block; everyone was still making their ways into their classrooms. As the hallway started to clear out, I continued to walk down towards my classroom but without me knowing I bumped into someone.

“I’m sorry,” a girl with long brown hair spoke softly as she bows her head. “I didn’t see you passing by, I should have been more careful” she continued still bowing her head. “Gwenchana?” She asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I replied.

Her head lifted up allowing me to get a good look of her face. I felt a knife stab my heart, tears then followed the ache that was inside of me.

“So-Ah,” I mumbled before throwing myself to hug girl in front of me.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, nor can I believe that she’s in flesh within my arms. I could feel her body tensing up.

“How I missed you,” I continued while sobbing onto her chest. “I knew you’ll come back.”

“Excuse me, I think you’ve got the wrong person” she spoke after listening to me mumble.

“How can I be wrong? You’re my fiancé” I blurted out without thinking.

She shifted her body from me and pushed me aside then said before walking away, “Dude, you really have got the wrong person. I am not anyone’s fiancé. Lay low on the drugs buddy.”

I snapped myself back into reality as the numb tears decided to finally fall, “Maybe she’s my sign” I whispered.

 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

[Isobel]

“I don’t have time for this Oppa, I’m at school.” I said as I dodge the people of the busy hallway I was walking on. Jiyong-Oppa was complaining about Unnie still not talking to him. I couldn’t believe he was calling me about their problems while I’m still at school. “I’ll talk to you later.” I said as I hung up the phone.

I fiddled with all my books and my phone as I try to shove them in my bag. Two months have passed since I moved into this school and I still don’t know where all my classes are. Well actually there is no surprise to why I still don’t know where all my classes are, it’s because I don’t go to all my classes.

My mother enrolled me into classes she thought I’d be interested in like Dance or music class, never did she think about putting me into Literature but there is no surprise there even my mother sometimes don’t know who I really am. I had to drop Biology for Literature.

I was coming out of the hallway into another one when I bumped into someone. It was definitely my mistake for not looking ahead instead looking into my map to see where I was going.

“So-Ah,” the boy in front of me mumbled before wrapping his arms around me. “How I missed you,” he continued while sobbing onto my chest. “I knew you’ll come back.”

“Excuse me, I think you’ve got the wrong person” I spoke after listening to him mumble.

“How can I be wrong? You’re my fiancé” He announced.

My eyes widened, I unlocked myself from him and pushed him aside. “Dude, you really have got the wrong person. I am not anyone’s fiancé. Lay low on the drugs buddy” I said before walking away.

I felt something inside of me twisted as I walked away. I left him by himself crying. I took one glance back to see him, and I saw him on his knee crying. My feet automatically stopped and were ready to turn around when I heard footsteps getting louder and louder, coming closer and closer.

“Taeyang!!!” A girl yelled, and in less than seconds two arms were wrapped around the boy. “Shhhh, it’ll be okay.” She said as her grip became tighter. I released a faint smile knowing he was good to go. I slowly turned around and made my way to my classroom.

. . . . .

A/N: And they met. Thanks to all my subscribers and I hope to hear from you all soon, feedbacks are good; it keeps me excited and I would love to hear feedbacks - good or bad. :)