Dream

Request

It took L a few seconds to register the red liquid as blood- Jei’s blood, on his hand before he started shouting orders to call an ambulance. Beside him, Sungjong who was frozen was jolted awake and begin hitting the buttons on his phone. The other members were shaken but tried their best to shield the scene from the oncoming flashes of camera and fans prying eyes.

Woohyun was beside the shivering fan who was scared and in shock. He had his hands on her shoulders, checking for any injuries and tried his best to calm her down before escorting her to the side to let the medics check on her when they arrived.

It wasn’t long before the loud wailing of sirens could be heard and the shouts of the medics before Jei’s cold and limp body was pulled out of L’s arms and onto a stretcher which was then rolled into the back of the ambulance.

Just as he was about to follow them, he was pulled back by his arm, throwing an annoyed look at whoever stopped him, he was met with his manager who shook his head, telling the male to get back in the van instead. Reasoning that he was still a public figure and there were many watchful eyes. As reluctant as he was, L nodded solemnly and hurried back into the van.

 

Jei groaned from the heavy pounding in her head and wanted so badly to kill whoever was doing it to her so she forced her eyes open, her senses were met with blurs and distant murmuring as she felt her body floating? No, moving on a bed. Before she could make out the situation, she was lulled back into darkness and she welcomed it with open arms.

Jei was in a room. To be more specific, her room, her old room. She got out of bed, looking down, she was dressed in a sleeping gown which felt very comfortable and familiar. Looking around her bedroom, she recognized the furniture and her belongings as well as the doodling on her walls from when she was a little girl. Her fingers grazed the stickman drawing of her family on her wall before she heard noises from downstairs.

She descended the stairs slowly, her senses telling her to head towards the kitchen. The smell of bacon wafts through her nose as well as the sizzling of oil on pan. Her eyes travel around the kitchen until it falls on the back figure of a woman who has her dark locks up in a loose bun. Jei’s eyes widen in recognition, in a shaking breath as her hands move to cover her trembling lips.

“Oh you’re up sweetie.” The woman in front of her turns around and greets Jei with a warm smile that almost triggers the tears b her eyes.

“Morning.” A deeper, gruffer voice sounds behind Jei and she jumps in shock, almost turning to attack whoever scared her when she was met with soft lips on her cheek before the person walks from behind her dressed in slacks and a tight fitting black shirt, accentuating his muscles and toned figure as he sits down on the table where breakfast had been laid out.

Jei couldn’t believe her eyes and she knows this is a dream, but it was a dream she didn’t want to wake up from, ever. It was a scene straight from her memories, a scene she wants to keep reliving without having anyone yell ‘cut’.

“What are you stoning for cupcake, take a seat.” The male teases her before she walks over carefully and sits down next to him whereas the female opts for the one opposite her. They thank for the food before the sound of cutlery hitting against plates could be heard. Jei merely stared as the two figures in front of her ate and chatted normally and she couldn’t help the tears that started rolling down her face.

“Omo honey why are you crying?” The woman alerts the male as she drops her cutlery and goes over to wrap her arms around the crying girl. The male’s eyes widen in confusion as he eyes the crying girl in concern.The warm embrace of the woman did nothing to stop her tears, but fueled them as she sobbed harder in her arms, her own going around the older woman as she breathes in the scent of lavender and detergent coming off the woman.

“Omma...appa… I missed you.” She mumbled against her mother’s neck. Her mother looked at her husband who had a relieved smile on his lips before joining the ladies in the family hug.

“Silly girl, omma and appa are always with you. We have been and always will be in your heart.” Jei’s father says softly against her hair while her mother nodded in agreement.

“We are always looking out for you my dear, you’re never alone.” Her mother adds on with a motherly smile and all Jei could do was dive deeper into their welcoming arms, wishing time could just stop at this moment.

Guess wishes don’t come true as Jei was suddenly hugging the air, her parents nowhere to be found and she was all alone once again. She searched desperately for them, calling them out as tears stained her face and her voice almost hoarse from shouting, wanting them to come back.

Somewhere deep in her mind, she was reminded by the accident which took her parents but a childish part of her was holding onto the string of hope of seeing her parents again, it was the side of her that had been buried deep inside her, locked away.

 

Slowly, she felt her surroundings blur as she started hearing distant voices ad she felt her conscious start to come back before forcing her heavy eyelids open, only to squint them close once again from the glaring light which her eyes had yet to adjust to.

Her vision starts to clear slowly and she groans softly from the dull ache in her head. Her lips and throat were dry as she turned her head, only to be met with brown orbs which were familiar but took some time to register who it belonged to.

“You’re up, thank god.” He let out a sigh of relief which seemed to have been held for some time.

was too dry for her to speak so she could only blink at the boy who continued, “I was so worried you wouldn’t wake up, then you started crying- “

‘Crying?’ Jei thought as she lifted her hands to her cheeks, touching the wetness on her skin which were evidence of her tears. Closing her eyes as she remembered the dream which felt so real, the tears threatening to fall once again as she swallowed them back down and tried sitting up only to be stopped by the male who pushed her back down.

“L.” She croaked out, gaining the attention of the idol who looked at her worriedly.

“Water.” She mouthed the words which he seemed to get and he scrambled to get a glass of water for her. He helped her sip the drink slowly from a straw and Jei almost sighed when she felt the cool liquid slide down . The doctor came in shortly after followed by Samuel and a sobbing Alice who immediately rushed to her side.

“Oh god I was so worried thank god you’re okay.” She gushed with tears on her face as she gripped onto Jei’s left hand. Smiling at her, Jei reassured her that she was fine. Samuel gave her a relieved smile and she nodded, returning the gesture.

The doctor gave Jei a check-up before announcing that she needed to be kept in the hospital for two more days just to be safe before she could be discharged. She wasn’t happy about the decision but the look on Alice’s face told her there was no arguing there.

“I’m sorry.” Jei turned her head to L who was standing and had his head bowed in apology. Alice and Samuel looked at each other, then Jei, then to the boy.

“It’s okay, in this field of work, injuries are unavoidable. As long as you are safe and she is fine now, it’s all that matters.” Samuel says as he walks over to give the idol a pat on the shoulder. L stays bowed for a little longer before straightening his back and nodding gratefully to Samuel and then redirects his gaze to Jei. She gives him a slight nod to re-emphasize that what Samuel says is right and that he shouldn’t blame himself. The idol then excuses himself since he has a schedule to get to and Samuel offers to give him a ride since a celebrity can’t be seen going around in public alone.

“That boy has been here since they brought you in. He seems to care a lot for you.” Alice gains the attention of the girl in bed with her words, a small twinkle in her eyes as she directs the words to Jei.

“But you know the rules Jei.” Alice continues with a defeated smile.

‘The rule: No getting romantically involved with clients'


Finally an update since forever, sorry it took so long. Have been lazing around without any inspiration to continue or write new chapters. And school has finally started and I'm on my last year before graduating and everything is kinda stressful. But the bright side is my timetable is quite accomodating so I guess I might have more time to think of updating.

Also, I managed to go to EXO'R'DIUM in Singapore and it was one of the best nights of my life after Infinite Effect in SG. My view was quite good since I was near the extended stage and managed to get quite a good look at some of the members. Baekhyun was slaying with his vocals and Chanyeol and Sehun were just amazing. Chen and Suho were really friendly and Xiumin,Kai and D.O, were just adorable. Sadly Lay wasn't there due to Visa issues. It was really amazing being able to hear them live and especially watching the performance of White Noise, my favourite song,  with the water falling on all their glory. It was definitely a night to remember and I can't wait to see them again. [Photo credits go to respective owners, I do not own any of them]

Related imageRelated imageImage result for exordium singapore

I've been trying to improve my writing so do give me your thoughts on my new writing style. Thank you all for putting up with such a lousy author with slow updates and for supporting me :")

XOXO,

RMBigBANGGgal.