The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

 

        Nina is strong and stubborn, and she had always taken good care of herself. She carried herself around with confidence and determination, and she was never the one to back down. But here she was, trembling and shaking in fear at the sight before her. She felt the blood leaving her face, making it as pale as possible. She was sure that her eyes were probably popping out of their sockets by now, but she did nothing to change that. She had never been so scared in her life.

        The sight of Kris smirking at the end of the bedpost caused shivers down her spine. He was looking gorgeous with his blonde hair and sharp, piercing cold eyes. The smirk on his lips added points to the expression he had on his face, which ended up making him look more handsome, hot and yet terrifying.

        Nina mentally slapped herself when she suddenly felt like coming closer to the man standing before her and sweep off the bang from his forehead and maybe weave her fingers through those blonde hair. She felt a sudden chill down her spine when she heard Kris chuckle in amusement.

        “Are you done checking me out?” he asked with a smirk and an arrogant tone. Nina felt herself blush and hoped that the darkness of the room would cover it up. “Aww, isn’t that cute? She’s blushing…” Kris stated after that with a mockery tone.

        “What do you want?”

        “Revenge.”

        She expected that. She knew that her once-so-heroic move of saving her friend’s from her own wedding would burden her someday, and due to her busy schedule and the silence that followed, Nina had let her guards down. She should’ve expected for the groom to come back at her with an explanation of some sort, but she still couldn’t help but gasp at his bold answer. “What?”

        “You heard me.” Kris snickered and clasped both his hands behind him, making him look more menacing. He then started walking back and forth at a slow pace, eyes never leaving the girl on the bed.

        “So tell me, Kim Nina. Why did you do it?”

        “H-how did you know my name?”

        “What? Did you think that you’re some kind of royalty that needs to be kept a secret or something? It’s not that difficult to find a peasant like you.”

        A peasant.

        “Now, answer me.”

        “Why should I?”

        She wasn’t ready for the next thing that happened. She suddenly found herself lying on her back against the mattress and a hot, blonde male was hovering on top of her with an angry look on his face. She silently whimpered as she felt herself being drowned into his cold eyes and shivered under the blankets.

        Kris, on the other hand, was surprised himself when he ended up hovering on top of her but due to the anger boiling in him, he decided that he wasn’t surprised after all. He was known for his short tempers and he hated it when someone talks back to him, which was exactly what Nina did. However, he felt a tug in his heart when he saw the fear pooled in the girl’s eyes, and inwardly sighed when he felt her tremble beneath her. Suddenly, he didn’t want to scare her anymore but his ego would never let his conscience take over. But when a tear slipped from the corner of her eye, Kris found himself wiping it away and closed the gap between them.

        “So beautiful…” he muttered.

        Nina felt her body froze completely. The loud hammering of her heartbeat that she had heard the whole night was still clear in her ears, but this time it was beating awfully louder. But before she could decipher what had happened, Kris pulled himself away from her and stood at the sight of her bed while she remained frozen on the mattress.

        “You’re staying here until I decide what to do with you. I’ll see you in the morning, Ms. Kim.”

        Within the next second, Kris disappeared from the room and locked the door so his prisoner would not be able to escape. Nina slowly came back to her senses and starts tearing up when she realized that she had just been captured. Unable to do anything else, Nina curled herself up on the mattress and cried herself to sleep.

        “.”

        “That’s not what I expected upon seeing you come out of that room.”

        Kris glared at his bodyguard and walked passed him to get to his own room. He heard steps following behind him and knew that the Chinese man is behind him, shadowing his footsteps. Upon reaching his room, Kris barged in and immediately threw himself onto the bed while the other male softly closed the door behind him.

        “So, what happened?”

        Kris sighed and sat back up on his bed before racking his hair in frustration. He eyed his bodyguard and friend who stood in the middle of the room with an amused expression and scowled. “What?” he hissed.

        “You look so confused… and wrong.”

        “Shut up, Tao.”

        “I mean it. Look at you. You look like as if a truck just hit you or something.”

        “Huang Zitao, I said-“

        “Oh, shut it.” Tao simply cut him off and casually walked to the man’s study table and took a seat. “Cut the chase and tell me what happened.”

        Kris sighed again and shrugged like a lost child. He didn’t know what had happened to him while he was in that room and it bothered him badly. But he knew Tao – his best friend who now served him as his bodyguard for three years – will never let go of the subject until he knows what had happened to him. So Kris reluctantly told him about it all.

        “You told her she was beautiful?” Tao asked in disbelief. “You’re not pulling my leg right now, are you?”

        “Hell no, man.” Kris groaned and collapsed onto the mattress again. “It’s just that… damn, I don’t even know what had gotten into me. She ruined my wedding, destroyed my reputation and pride, yet when she started crying, I softened! What the is wrong with me?”

        Tao smirked as he listened and raised his eyebrow in amusement at the sight of his best friend. It’s the first time he had ever seen Kris like this, and somehow he liked it. This girl must be one of a kind, he thought. 

 

 

##Hey, cupcakes! I'm back with an update! I'd like to welcome my new subscribers and I hope I'll get to hear from you guys. It's very upsetting to have you guys reading my story but not say a word about it. It's so frustrating, you know? And it hurts. A lot. I'd rather read criticism than nothing at all at this point. Please, please, please write me a comment (yes, I am that desperate). I just want to know what's in your head when you read my story and I'd love to receive feedbacks. I don't mind if you guys give me negative comments either. Just remember to tone it down since I'm a human being and I have feelings too. So, do comment, subscribe and upvote! Please....... thanks cupcakes and see you in the next update!##