The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

Last Chapter

 

        Deep breath. Fuhhh... Just breathe, Nina. You can do this.

        Knock. Knock. "Can I come in?" 

        Nina turned to see her mother at the door, beautifully dressed in a blue pastal dress, causing her to look young and radiant despite her age. Her stepmother had always been a beauty, which was what attracted her father, but sadly he didn't know how to appreciate her. "You look beautiful, eomma." she told her with a smile.

        "Not as beautiful as you, my dear." Mrs. Kim told her as she approached her stepdaughter. Nina looked beautiful in a white wedding dress and her long brown hair was left to cascade on her right shoulder, revealing only one side of her neck. She looked simple yet beautiful; set for the title queen of the day. "Are you ready?" she asked and watched as Nina began to bite her bottom lip and fiddle with her fingers. "We can always cancel, you know?"

        Nina lifted her head in surprise at her mother's words. "Eomma, why would I do that? Kris is waiting for me out there." she exclaimed and frowned when her mother laughed. "Why are you laughing?" she asked, confused.

        "I was just messing with you, sweetheart." her mother continued to laugh. She approached her daughter once her laughter fades and held her hand. "Kris is a wonderful young man, Nina. Even I wouldn't want you to leave him alone at the altar." 

        "Aigoo~ eomma. I can't believe you tricked me." Nina pouted, causing the elder to chuckle. "I'm sorry. You just look too nervous. Relax, my sweet dove. Everything will be okay." her mother assured her with a gentle smile.

        "Really?"

        "Yes, sweetheart. Knowing you, I know things will be okay. I'm about to leave you in good hands, dear. So, I'm not worried." 

        Knock. Knock.

        "Can we come in?" Sohee asked as she opened the door of the hotel room with Mrs. Wu standing behind her. "My dear, you look so beautiful!" Kris's mother exclaimed the moment she laid eyes on her future daughter-in-law. "What did my son do to deserve this?" she asked and Nina blushed.

        "My question exactly." Sohee teased and the bride's face turned crimson red. "Alright, alright. We just came to tell you that it's almost time." she told her and approached the bride. "You look beautiful, sis."

        "Thanks, unnie." Nina smiled. "Where's Chanhyun?"

        Sohee smiled at the mention of her son. "She's with Chanyeol's mother. He'll remain with his grandmother as his parents are on the podium with the bride and groom." The young mother than took a moment to fix her dress before turning to the two elder ladies. "Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Wu, it's best if we get moving."

        Mrs. Wu nodded and hugged Nina for a moment, carefully in order not to ruin her wedding dress. "I love you so much, my dear child. Kris is so lucky to have you." she whispered and Nina felt her eyes water at this. "I love you too, mom."

        "Can I have a moment with my daughter?" Mrs. Kim suddenly requested and the other two ladies nodded. "Sure." Sohee said and began pushing the groom's mother outside. "We'll just drop by to see how the groom is holding up. I'll come back for you later!" she told Nina and the bride nodded.

        When they were left alone yet again, Mrs. Kim wrapped her arms around her daughter and gently patted her back, as if calming her. She was indeed feeling better but she knew there was something else her mother had in mind. "Eomma-"

        "I love you so much, my sweet child." the elder whispered before pulling away at arms' strength. Nina spotted the unshed tears in her eyes and found herself wanting to cry too. "Don't cry, honey. This is a happy day. I've watched you struggle with your life eversince you were a child, and seeing you here today makes me so happy. I'm glad you've found Kris, my dear. Please, be good and take good care of each other."

        "I will, eomma." Nina nodded, sniffling at the process. "I want to thank you for everything." "Hon-" "Please, eomma." she cuts her and Mrs. Kim told her to continue. "Even though you're not my biological mother, there's not a day you made me feel that way ever since you came into my life. Thank you for all the love and care you've given me, and I'm sorry I've hardly been around to take care of you."

        She couldn't stop herself from crying this time. Mrs. Kim hurried to wipe those tears away with a laugh. "Aigoo~ don't cry. You're ruining your makeup." Nina laughed and tried to control her emotions. "I'm proud of you, my daughter. I love you so much."

        "I love you too."

        A knock was heard on the door and Sohee reappeared with an excited smile on her face. "Are you ready?"

        Nina took a steady breath and smiled. "As I'll ever be."

 

 

        The garden of the Wu's villa in Jeju was beautifully decorated to fit 100 guests for the wedding of the young CEO of Wu Enterprise with his fiancé. It was a private ceremony so there were no medias around to report the whole wedding. The flowers bloomed beautifully in the spring season and it was a perfect venue for this once in a lifetime event. In the middle of the huge garden was a flowery archway and a red carpet, leading towards the podium where the vows would be exchanged. 

        Kris smiled and greeted the guests before glancing up at a window on the second floor of his family's villa where his bride was in. Luhan caught his gaze and chuckled at the side. "Yah, look at him." he said, nudging Baekhyun on the side.

        Baekhyun glanced at his friend and chuckled. "Kris, I know you're excited but please, stop looking at that direction. She knows well not to peek there or else you'll caught sight of her." Kris sighed and turned to his friends, his expression clearly showing what he was feeling.

        "Nervous?" Tao asked as he patted the elder's shoulder.

        Kris turned to his best man and nodded. "Yeah. How did Chanyeol survive this?"

        "By keeping in mind that I'm getting married to the woman I love instead of being thrown into the pit of hell." came a deep voice from behind them. They turned to see Chanyeol approaching them with a little boy in his arms, wearing a suit that matches his father's.

        "Hey little guy." Luhan greeted him but the boy turned his head and hid his face at the crook of Chanyeol's neck. "Aww.. don't be shy."

        "He's not shy. He hates you." Baekhyun snorted but Luhan was not impressed.

        Kris chuckled at the sight of his godson. Upon hearing his voice, the little boy lifted his head and turned to the groom. "Uncle Kwis." he called as he reached his arms out to the said man. Luhan gaped in disbelief at the sight and watched as Kris easily took the little boy in his arms. 

        "How are you doing, Chanhyun?" Kris asked the boy. "I'm owhkay, Uncle Kwis." The groom laughed at his pronounciation but bothered not to fix it. Chanhyun was still learning how to speak and he was doing well by himself. The two continued to converse amongst themselves while Luhan was fuming with jealousy, earning amused looks from his friends.

        Tao checked the time on his watch and cleared his throat to gather the attention of his friends. "It's time." he told them. As if on cue, Chanyeol's phone rang and he quickly answered it. The conversation was short and he turned to his friends once he hung up. "Hey Baek, mind sending Chanhyun off to my mom? It's time for me to pick up the bride."

        Baekhyun nodded and reached for Chanhyun, but the boy dodged away and tightly wrapped his arms around Kris's neck. "I'll send her over to your mom, Yeol." Kris decided when Chanhyun even dodged his father's hands. "I'll be at the altar." he said and walked away, followed by Tao.

        "Chanhyun really loves Kris, doesn't he?" Luhan asked as he watched them walk away. 

        "Yeah. He's going to be a great dad." Chanyeol responded before sprinting off towards the villa.

 

 

        Nina clutched the bouquet of flowers in her hands nervously and bit her her bottom lip. She felt someone patting her hand and she lifted her head to the side to meet Chanyeol's eyes. "You okay?" he asked and she nodded, albeit nervously. "If it makes you feel better, Kris is as nervous as you are." he told her and surprise appeared in her eyes.

        "He is?"

        "Yeah. It's normal." he chuckled. "I was like that too. Though I was mostly nervous because I was worried about Sohee noona. I was afraid something bad will happen since she was eight month's pregnant when she walked down the aisle."

        Nina chuckled at the memory. "She was beautiful though."

        "Indeed." Chanyeol agreed and smiled to her. "You're beautiful too, Nina."

        The bride blushed at this. "Thank you. And thank you for walking me down the aisle."

        "It's nothing. It's the least I can do for bringing me back my best friend." Chanyeol beamed. They turned their heads when they spotted Sohee approaching with a bouquet of flowers in her hand, beautifully dressed as Nina's maid of honour alongside her sister, Sunmi. "Hey, beautiful." Chanyeol winked, causing her to laugh.

        "Hi, handsome." Sohee replied and blew him a kiss. "Be gentle with my sis, Yeol."

        "I will, baby. Don't worry."

        Suddenly the music began to play and the flower girls began to walk down the aisle with their buckets of flowers in their hands. They beautifully threw them down onto the pathway and parted once they reached the end, and Sunmi walked in followed by Sohee. The young mother giggled to herself when she heard the faint cry of her son calling for her and blew him a kiss before standing at the altar.

        Chanyeol turned to the nervous looking bride and smiled. "You ready?"

        Nina nodded and the wedding march began. Slowly, Nina walked down the aisle with Chanyeol by her side. She took a glance at the guests; managing to catch sight of Luhan and Baekhyun beaming at her from the front row and a few rows down were her former bosses, Suho and Yixing. She felt herself tremble but she gained her confidence again when she spotted Kris at the end of the aisle, smiling handsomely in his white wedding suit. She felt the world evolving only around them as they got closer and when she reached his side, she couldn't hide the smile on her face.

        Judge Kim began with the ceremony and when he spoke, "...speak now or forever hold your piece.", both the bride and groom couldn't hide their smile as a certain memory floods their mind. Eventually, they ended the first part and it was time for them to exchange their vows. They turned to face one another and held their hands, smiling happily albeit nervously.

        "Kim Nina, you taught me how to love again after all these years and I am grateful that you have stumbled into my life." Nina smiled at this. "We've gone through our ups and downs for the last two years together, and finally, I get to call you mine. I know I wasn't the best guy when we first met but I will do my best to be the best of the best in your life from now onwards. In front of our family and friends; and mostly importantly God, I vow to always protect you, cherish you and love you with all my heart. I will be the one to support you and lift you up when you're down, catch you when you fall, and I promise to forever be the one to hold your hand till death do us part. I love you, Kim Nina, and I promise to love you more and more as our days pass."

        Turning to Tao, he took a 5-carat golden platinum diamond ring and slid it on her finger. "For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, in happiness and sadness; I, Wu Yifan, take you as my lawfully wedded wife." Hearing those words coming out from his lips, she felt her eyes beginning to water. Kris smiled and gently squeezed her hands.

        Deep breath.

        "Wu Yifan, you are my first love, my first relationship, my first boyfriend and my first in everything we've done together. Yes, I was afraid of you when we first met..." she joked and the audience laughed. "...but I fell irrevocably in love with you when I saw a different side of you. A side which I will selfishly keep to myself. I know you will take good care of me always, just like how you did for the past two years and I will also cherish you, love you and protect you in my own way, with all my heart. I promise to always be the one to make you smile and heal the wounds in your heart. I shall support you and be there for you every single time, and I promise to forever hold your hand till death do us part." 

        Sohee passed the bride a ring and Nina slipped it on Kris's finger; and squeezed his hands with a smile on her face. "For richer or for poorer, in happiness and sadness, in sick and in health; I, Kim Nina, take you as my lawfully wedded husband." The two smiled widely at each other, not able to tear their gazes away, and when the judge announced, "I pronounce you man and wife.", tears immediately made their way down her face.

        "You may kiss the bride."

        With one swift movement, Kris had wrapped one arm around her waist and another hand on her neck, pulling her into a deep passionate kiss. The crowd cheered and applauded the newly weds, but they were too engrossed with each other to notice. When they finally pulled apart, the roaring was deafening and Nina was a crying mess.

         "Don't cry, my love. This is the start of our new life," Kris whispered and leaned in to kiss her again.

         Yes, a life together with you... 

 

 


Hello my dear minions~ We've finally came to the end of TWB!!! I have to say it's been an amazing journey and I will always have a spot in my heart for this fic. Thank you so much for all your support, my dear minions. It's still hard for me to believe that I've actually gained 554 subbies and still counting! I'm going to miss this story so much and all the moments we had together, my minions. Thanks for being so supportive and cool, lovelies. Mama loves you all so much!  And my dear darlings, I'm not about to let you go just yet. Please... I hope to see you guys in my future fics too! But before you go, I have a lil' gift for you all.

Bonus Chapter

 

XOXO

♥♥♥