The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

A long update coming right up!


 

        The weekend ended fast and Monday came. After two nights staying at the beach house, Mr. Wu decided that it was time to head back to their home. His wife agreed - although reluctantly since she didn't want to be separated with her 'daughter' - and they left the house Monday evening. Nina looked around the house sadly as it seemed to be different without the warmth of a mother, and she began to wonder how her step-mother has been doing. Fishing her phone out, Nina dialled her number and sat on the couch, waiting for the line to connect.

        "Yeoboseyo?"

        "Eomma!" she exclaimed, feeling glad to hear her lovely voice. "It's me."

        "Aigoo~ my daughter. How are you? Have been well? Please tell me you've been eating well. I don't like seeing you all so thin," her stepmother immediately nagged, causing her to roll her eyes with a smile on her face. "How's everything, sweetheart?"

        "Everything's great, eomma. And I'm doing okay too. I have a job interview tomorrow." she told her. Nina had to place the device a bit further from her ear when the elder exclaimed "REALLY?" out loud. "Yes, eomma. Why?"

        "Nothing. I'm just so glad. I was worried about you, sweetie. It's not easy living in the city when you're not working."

        "I know, eomma. Don't worry too much about me," she assured her. "I'm a grown up woman. I know what I'm doing."

        "Good to know." the elder chuckled from the other line. "Ah! I have to go now. I need to meet up with the villagers for a meeting. Apparently someone broke into the Ahn's house last night. They actually caught the kid too."

        "Really?" Nina asked, brows furrowing. "Well, be careful. Make sure to always lock your doors and windows, eomma. I don't like that you're living alone there."

        "Then where else am I supposed to live? With you in the city? You know I don't like those places."

        Nina sighed at this. "Arasso~ just be careful, okay? I love you!" She smiled when she heard the elder female laugh at this. "Eomma, you're supposed to say it back!"

        "Arasso, Nina. I love you too. I'm late now. Take care, dear."

        "Ne~"

        Her mother hung up and she sighed, tossing the phone to the side again. Suddenly, an arm circled around her neck making her jump and shriek, but she relaxed when she breathed Kris's scent. God that muscular scent of his... "You scared me," she pouted.

        Kris chuckled. "Sorry, didn't mean to." The male let go and circled the couch to sit next to her and she immediately inched closer to him and leaned her head on his shoulder. "How's your mother?"

        "She's good." Nina replied and closed her eyes. "I miss her."

        She was met with silence for a long while that made her curious, so she lifted her head to see Kris with furrowed brows, eyes looking away. "Kris? Is there something wrong?" she asked worriedly. Kris sighed and turned his head, their eyes meeting together, and Nina wondered what was upsetting him. "Kris?"

        "Does your mother... does she, know about me?"

        Blink.

        Blink. Blink.

        Her confused expression turned soft and she smiled widely at her boyfriend. "Are you worried that I'm keeping you in the dark, Mr. Wu?" Without hesitation, he nodded and Nina laughed softly at this. "You are so cute, Kris Wu. And yes, she knows about you." Nina recalled the time she had told her mother about Kris during her short stay in Jeju, and the elder female straightforwardly hoped that she would indeed return back to him. She didn't like the idea of them living together though, but when she emphasized that she was an adult who knew how to take care of herself, the elder relented and wished her the best.

        "When can I meet your mother?" Kris asked.

        "When can you come down to Jeju?" she asked in return. Kris smiled at this and pecked her lips, causing her to blush. "Yah, stop sneaking kisses like that."

        "Why? I like it."

        "ert."

        In a millisecond, Nina found herself laying down on the sofa with Kris on top of her. She blinked in surprise and expected him to kiss her but instead... "BWAHAHAHAHA!! OMG KRIS STOP THAT TICKLES!!!" she screamed as Kris continued to tickle her sensitive sides. Kris laughed but continued to , stopping occassionally to let her breathe before torturing her again.

        And just like that, they ended their first day of the week.

 

 

        Breathe in... breathe out. You can do this! 

        With determined steps, Nina walked into the meeting room, clutching onto her resumé, bowing politely to the members sitting along the large table. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Nina. It's nice to meet you." she says and she bows yet again to the members present.

        "The pleasure is ours, Ms. Kim." said a deep voice and Nina looked up to see a familiar face. Chanyeol-sshi... He had a serious expression on but Nina still threw him a smile. She also spotted Luhan sitting on his right while a middle-aged woman sat on his left, and they both had a friendly smile on their faces which she returned.

        "May we have your resumé?" the lady asked and she approached the desk, pulling out it's content and passing it to all three of them.

        "Take a seat, Ms. Kim." Luhan told her, pointing to the chair in the middle of the room, and she did as she was told.

        "Before we begin, let us introduce ourself." Chanyeol began, still with the serious look on his face. "My name is Park Chanyeol, and I'm the Head of HR Department here in Wu Enterprise. Beside me we have Lu Han, Head of Admin and Jung Min Hee, our Head of Finance. We will be conducting the interview today, and if you're uncomfortable, do let us know."

        Gulp. "I'm fine, sir."

        "Shall we proceed then?" Chanyeol asked, turning to Luhan and the doe-eyed male nodded and turned to her.

        Luhan cleared his throat before proceeding to speak. "The CEO himself requested that you be his PA, but upon your request - or should I say insistence - he arranges an interview for you instead. Why do you want to go through all the trouble when you could just start immediately, Ms. Kim?" he asked.

        Nina took a deep breath and said, "Because I don't want to be accepted here because the CEO wants me to. I want to be accepted here because of my own hard work and ability to serve Wu Enterprise, sir."

        "May I know your relation with our CEO?" the lady, Ms. Jung, asked.

        "He is my boyfriend, ma'am." she replied, mentally shaking when she saw the lady narrowing her eyes at her. 

        Chanyeol placed down the paper in his hand to look at his best friend's girl, mentally praising her for appearing calm and collected as she sat there, answering another of Ms. Jung's question. When they were done, Chanyeol leaned forward and began to ask his questions. The three Heads took turns asking her questions, and Nina continued to show them her professional side through the entire interview. After an hour or so, Chanyeol placed down his pen and turned towards his companions.

        "Shall we stop here?" he asks and the two nodded in agreement. He turned back to the now anxious looking girl and refrained himself from smiling. "Ms. Kim, please step outside. I'll have someone call you in once we are done."

        Nina got up and bowed, quickly leaving the room after, and Ms. Jung immediately got up to stretch her body before turning back to the Head of HR. "I believe you two would personally know Ms. Kim?" she asks and the two took no hesitation to nod. "So I can trust that you will consider everything through an employee's mindset, then?"

        "Ms. Jung," Luhan started, looking over to the middle-aged lady. "Are you doubting us?"

        "No, of cours-"

        "She may be the CEO's girlfriend, but she is still a possible candidate for Wu Enterprise, and you know we only want the best." Turning to his friend, he said, "Ms. Kim has the potentials, and I like her spirit. I vote her in but I don't know if you want her to be placed as Kris's PA or mine. Either way, she'll be working here."

        "Ms. Jung, what do you say?" Chanyeol asked.

        "Well, she does have the potential. She's professional, confident and determined - I like that."

        "So, you want her in?"

        "What does the CEO say?" she asked in return.

        Luhan sighed. "That it'll be our decision, not his."

        "That's new." she muttered under her breath. "Well, I want her in."

        "Alright." Luhan smiled. "Chanyeol-sshi?"

 

 

        "I'm sure you did great, babe."

        Sigh. "I don't know, Kris. They've been in there for a while now. God, why am I suddenly so nervous?" she whined and Kris chuckled on the other line.

        "You'll be fine, Nina." he assured her yet again.

        "I just hope whatever decision they make, it's based on professionalism. You swear you have nothing to do with this, right?" she asked, her voice going low as if she's threatening him.

        Kris laughed. "Yes, I am currently powerless. This is the first time I'm giving them the full power to hire employees without my consent. I know your potential, babe, and it's up to them to decide now."

        "Aigoo~" she sighed and leaned back on the couch at the waiting area. "Well, even if I don't get accepted here, I can always try elsewhere."

        "I highly doubt that. But if you don't, then yeah, you can always try elsewhere." Kris told her.

        "Hmm... How'd the meeting go?" she asked, purposely changing the topic to distract herself. 

        "It's okay. We're on break now. I'm not sure when will it end though."

        Kris had left this morning to meet up with the company's board of directors with Tao (as usual), thus leaving her to drive herself to the interview. Part of her was glad that he wasn't there because she needed to do it on her own, but part of her wanted him to be with her so she could hide in his arms to get rid of the twist in her stomach.

        "I have to go now. The meeting's about to start again."

        "Okay. I'll text you the result later."

        "Sure. Love you."

        Nina blushed. "Love you too," and she quickly hung up. 

        "Well, that was cute." came a voice and she turned to see a man with bright, puppy eyes smiling at her. "Hi, I'm Byun Baekhyun. I'm glad that I get to finally meet you, Nina-sshi." he told her happily, extending his hand for her to shake.

        "H-Hello, Baekyun-sshi." she greeted timidly in return. "How'd you know me?"

        "From Kris, DUH." Baekhyun replied sassily and took a seat at the opposite couch. "I've been meaning to meet you ever since I found out that the angry dragon is dating, but I have no reason to. It's no fun that Chanyeol, Luhan and Minseok got to meet you first." he pouted. Nina blinked. Is he one of Kris's friends here? OMO he might be one of the superiors too. "Relax, Nina-sshi. I'm just a PA here." Baekhyun suddenly told her.

        "N-Ne?" Did he just read my mind? 

        Baekhyun chuckled. "You're cute. No wonder Kris fell for you." Nina blushed at this. "Anyways, you're waiting for the result, right?" he asked and Nina nodded at this.

        "It's been quite a while though." she mumbled.

        "Don't worry. They do this all the time. It's how they scare the interviewees." Baekhyun informed her. "Don't tell them I told you though. Kris and Chanyeol will kill me."

        "I-"

        The door of the meeting room suddenly opened, revealing Ms. Jung, followed by Luhan then Chanyeol. Due to another schedule elsewhere, the middle-aged lady excused herself after shaking hands with a clueless Nina while the other two remained on their spots. "What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun and the smaller rolled his eyes.

        "His girlfriend is here without him, so I'm taking the opportunity to meet her. DUH."

        Luhan chuckled. "Pretty, isn't she?" he asked teasingly, causing her to blush. The Chinese male turned to Chanyeol meaningfully and the taller nodded.

        "Ms. Kim?"

        Surprised, Nina slightly jumped and turned to her boyfriend's best friend. "Yes?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "Do you think you can start work tomorrow?"

 


Sorry for the late update! Busy busy busy~ I shall try to update the next chapter not later than Thursday, my dear minions! Mama misses you all! I hope you like this chapter! ^^ Mama can't talk long. Mama needs sleep! (sleep deprived here)

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

Mama loves you!

XOXO