The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        The moment he stepped out of his white Audi, eyes immediately turned to him and he was suddenly the center of attention. Sighing to himself, Kris opted not to take off his sunglass and made his way through the growing crowd to the direction of the arrival gate. Being the CEO of one of the most wealthiest company in the world - if not Asia - has its perks, but being the center of unwanted attentions was what he detests the most. But he couldn't do anything about it anymore since he was bound to be recognised every step of the way.

        He ignored the squeals around him and frowned behind his sunglass when he realised some of them had taken out their devices to take photos of him. Pfft. And I'm not even some K-Pop artist. He ignored the crowd that mostly consists of teenagers and early twenties ladies and made his way. Kris smirked to himself when he noticed a huge billboard of him and Wu Enterprise's vice-CEO, Chanyeol, plastered inside the airport.

        Looking good, Kris.

        Kris checked the time and realised that his father should've arrived by now. He quickly strided towards the arrival gate and released a relieved breath when he saw that no one has yet to come out. Looking around, he was surrounded by the crowd and he immediately felt an immense headache coming. Taking out his phone, he unlocked it and quickly pressed the message app.

 

You should've come with me to the airport.   2.30 pm

 

        A few seconds later his phone beeped, indicating a new message and he quickly read it.

 

I'm actually surfing the Net now. And look who I found looking flustered at the airport.   2.31 pm

 

        Sigh.

 

Dad could've flew in with his jet plane and he chose to fly this way.   2.31 pm

 

Stop whining, Kris. And don't forget the groceries.   2.32 pm

 

What groceries?   2.32 pm

 

You promised to cook lunch, remember? :) Oh, and smile. You look weird in the pictures.   2.33 pm

 

        This girl... Kris sighed and pocketed his phone before looking up to see some few people exiting the arrival gate. Since he was taller than the girls surrounding him, it wasn't difficult for him to spot his father walking out while pushing a trolley. He made his way to his old man and the elder smiled brightly at the sight of his son.

        "Hey dad," he greeted him and the two exchanged a short hug together.

        "I'm surprised to see you here instead of some chaffeur, Kris." his father said and he chuckled.

        "Nina thought it's best if I pick you up personally," he absentmindedly replied as he took over the trolley and started pushing it towards the exit with his father by his side. "Anyways, how are you? And how's Canada?"

        "I'm good. Canada's good too," the father joked and Kris chuckled. When they made it towards his white Audi, Kris popped the trunk open and placed in the luggages before circling to the driver's seat, entering the car at the same time his father did. Mr. Wu chuckled as he looked out the car at the sight of the crowd swarming with cameras in their hands. "You've attracted quite the attention, son."

        Kris scoffed. "Unfortunately." he said and started the engine. Not a moment later, he drove away from the airport and breathed in once the crowd was out of sight. Mr. Wu chuckled at his son. "Feeling stuffy?" he asked and Kris nodded.

        "Very. I hate it when they do that."

        "Well, you are famous." Mr. Wu commented and Kris scoffed again. "Aren't you too, dad?"

        "Yeah, but I'm old. I no longer have the assets they want."

        Kris chuckled. "What assets?" he asked teasingly and Mr. Wu laughed along with his son. Once their laughter died down, Mr. Wu turned to look at his son and patted his shoulder. "So, am I going to meet her?" he asked and Kris frowned, unable to comprehent what his father meant.

        "Her? Who?" he asked, eyes still fixed on the road.

        "Who else, Kris? The girl your mom's been talking about for the past week."

        Kris unconciously smiled at this and Mr. Wu immediately noticed. Just a mere mention and you're already smiling. You must really love this girl, son. The elder kept his thoughts to himself and simply sat in silence as Kris continued to drive.

 

 

 

        Mr. Wu stepped into his son's house to hear laughters and music coming from the kitchen. He eyed his son and the younger smiled fondly in return before gesturing him inside the house. Kris followed after his father with the paperbags full of groceries in his arm and watched in anticipation as they entered the kitchen where his mother and girlfriend stood.

        The elder smiled at the sight of his wife singing to the song playing on the radio while chopping on some carrots. She then suddenly pointed at someone on her left as she sang and that's when the elder took notice of a young girl cutting vegetables while singing. She was beautiful, young - even younger than his son apparently - and her aura seems to scream with innocence, pure and radiance. He immediately knew who she was just by seeing the smile on his wife's features (and not to mention Kris's cheesy smile on his side).

        And Mr. Wu immediately took a liking to the young girl.

 

 

        Nina turned to the kitchen doorway only to freeze for a moment at the sight of an elder male in suit watching her. He was tall - slightly shorter than Kris - and had white hair blending in with it's natural black colour, and his features were like a replica of Kris. Only much... older. Upon seeing Kris appearing behind him, she finally got a grasp of the situation and blushed to herself before poking the elder woman beside her. Mrs Wu turned to her in confusion and she directed her gaze to where the two men stood. The elder turned and gasped delightfully at the sight of her husband before placing down the knife in her hand and running into her husband's embrace.

        The husband wrapped his arms around his wife, holding her firmly yet delicately against his chest like she's a delicate flower. Nina smiled at the romantic sight before her and caught the what-the-hell look Kris had on his face as he watched them from behind his father's figure. He then walked pass his parents as they broke apart and spoke in hush voices, telling each other how much they've missed their signifacant other's presence.

        Kris noticed the dreamy and awed look his girlfriend had on her face and knew that she was adoring and envying his parents' relationship. Silently, he swore to himself that - no matter how cheesy it would be - he would shower her with all his love, maybe more that how his father did to his mother. After placing the groceries on the table, Kris made his way next to her and smiled when she turned to look at him.

        "Mom looks so happy there," Nina commented as they turned back to see Mrs Wu laughing softly at whatever her husband was saying.

        "She's never sad when she's with him." Kris told her and Nina smiled fondly in return. "I hate to admit this but seeing them like this really warms my heart," he suddenly commented, causing Nina to chuckle and wrap her arms around his waist from the side. He responded by draping an arm over her shoulders and pulling her closer to his side.

        "Do you think we can be like that too?" she suddenly whispered.

        Kris smiled. "Just stay with me, and we might just be more sappy than they are," he replied, also in a whisper. Nina chuckled quietly at this.

        "That can be arranged, Mr. Wu."

        The man smiled and was about to open his mouth when he heard a short squealing from the sight. They both turned to see Mrs Wu smiling brightly at them while her husband smiled fondly beside her.

        "Don't they just look beautiful together?" the elder woman cooed as she gestured them to her husband.

        Mr. Wu chuckled. "I get what you mean, love." He then turned to Kris with a knowing look. Kris caught the meaning behind the smile and turned to his girlfriend.

        "Nina, I'd like you to meet Wu Yihan or Daniel Wu, my father and the chairman of Wu Prime." He then turned to his father and smiled. "And dad, I'd like you to meet Kim Nina, my girlfriend."

 

 

 


Hi baby minions! Mama's back~! LOL. How's everyone? I hope you guys are doing okay? Mama's not feeling well these last few days so I hope none of you end up like me. Take good care of yourselves, arasso? Or your papa's going to be real angry (he's already angry at me LOL). 

Anyways, here's the next update for you sweethearts. I've lost track on how many times I've been saying this but I shall never grow tired of saying them. Thank you so much you guys for all the comments and upvotes. And not to mention all the love and support you're giving me and TWB. I'm so happy! I'm glad I didn't give up on this story. I would also like to welcome all my new minions (yes, apparently mama gave birth to many more minions ERK!). I hope you guys enjoy your stay here, sweetiessss... Feel free to tell me anything about the story. You're also welcome to just drop by and say hello. Mama'll love that!

Wow that was a long one. I know some of you don't bother reading my author notes so I guess I can write as much as I want (unfortunately). 

So, let's end it like the usual, shall we? Hehehe.

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

Make mama happy! :D

XOXO

♥♥♥