The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        "Mom?"

        "Hmm?"

        "How is... uh, dad like?"

        Mrs. Wu turned off the water and wiped her hands dry on the kitchen towel before turning to Nina who stood at the counter, facing her. She purched her lips and hummed as she tried to describe her husband to his son's girlfriend. "Well, he's a bit older than me and he looks just like Kris - only older." Nina smiled at that. "He's a very kind and passionate man. He rarely gets angry and he's always around to spend time with us when he can."

        "He's the Chairman of Wu Prime, right?" she asked and the elder nodded.

        "My man worked hard to follow in his father's footsteps. My father-in-law was a strict man. He always put work before everything else and Kris's father would always tell himself not to follow that trait of his. That's why he's always around to make sure that Kris gets all the love and attention he needs. But of course, not too much that could spoil him."

        "He sounds like a great guy." Nina smiled and Mrs. Wu chuckled. "He's the best for me, my dear."

        "How'd you guys met?"

        Mrs. Wu smiled fondly at her question and gestured Nina to follow her to the living room. They made themselves comfortable on the sofa and Nina waited for her to start. Mrs. Wu laughed at the eager look on her face and began. "I used to work under Wu Enterprise as one of the finance officer when Wu Yihan, or famously known as Daniel Wu, was the CEO. I never met the CEO then until I was promoted as the Head of Finance, and I was immediately taken by his looks and charms."

        Nina giggled at this. "But he was the boss, so I made sure to keep those feelings to myself. But then the CEO had to fire his EPA for some confidential reasons, and was in desperate need of another one immediately. You see, that time Wu Prime was expanding massively so it was a very busy time for us. Somehow, I was chosen to be his PA alongside my original position so I got to work closer with him."

        "How was he then?" Nina asked and Mrs. Wu smiled dreamily to herself. "He was a busy man. I doubt he even noticed me that time. He only knew my name and that I was to assist him in his work. Poor guy was clearly stressed from all the work and I had to mess up with one of the reports. He yelled and scolded me, and I was seriously shaken by him. He noticed that I was always cautious around him after that and took some time from his schedule to bring me out for lunch just to apologise."

        "Awww..." the younger couldn't help but squeal. "That's so sweet."

        "Yes, it was. We got closer after that. I would follow him every time he has to move around, so I got to spend lots of time with him in and out of the office. Then one day, he suddenly asked me if I would like to go out for dinner and I couldn't refuse," the elder said with a laugh and Nina chuckled along, understanding her point. "So off we went and that night, he told me that he was in love with me. Oh, the things I felt that night." Mrs. Wu said as she closed her eyes, probably recalling the moment.

        "You must've been on cloud nine." Nina commented and Mrs Wu opened her eyes. "I was soaring, my dear. Who knew that he'd have feelings for me? We went through our ups and downs from there and after all those, look at where we are." 

        "I hope I get to have a love story like yours," Nina said with a dreamy smile.

        "You will, my dear." Mrs Wu said softly as she liften Nina's chin with her index finger. "Just put your trust in Kris and let him love you with all his might. Remember to always cherish each and every moment you spend together. That will keep your bond strong."

 

 

        Nina walked into Kris's room to find him typing away on his laptop while he was seated on the bed. When he realised her presence, he looked up and smiled at her before patting the space next to him. She slowly made her way to the bed and sat next to him.

        "Busy?" she asked and Kris hummed in return. 

        "The fashion summit is in two weeks time. We still have some few things to run through before the day," he replied, his eyes never leaving the laptop screen. "Anyways, are you ready for the interview?"

        "Yeah, I am. Will you be there?" she asked and Kris turned to her. "Maybe not," he replied. "I have a meeting with the company directors on that day. Chanyeol and the others would be the one interviewing you." Nina nodded her head at this piece of information. "Is that okay?" Kris asked and she nodded.

        "It's fine. It's better if you're not there."

        He smiled. "I guess. Anyways, I'm picking dad up later at the airport. Do you want to come?"

        "I'll just stay with your mom here, if that's okay."

        "Sure." Kris said before placing down his laptop on the floor next to the bed. He suddenly turned towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist, taking her by surprise. Before she could say anything, Kris leaned forward and softly placed his lips on hers. Nina didn't hesitate to respond this time and they kissed each other softly, taking their own sweet time.

        Kris then gently pushed her to lie down on her back and got on top of her, never breaking their kiss. Nina pulled away when she was in need of air but Kris continued to attach his lips onto her skin, trailing kisses alongside her neck, causing shiver to run down her spine.

        "K-Kris..." she moaned when he gently nibbled at a spot on her neck and she weakly pushed him away.

        "Don't worry, love. I won't do anything more than this," he whispered and Nina felt herself shivering at his husky voice. He continued to trail kisses along her jaw and neck before kissing her fully on the lips again. Once he was satisfied, he pulled back with a soft smile and kissed the tip of her nose.

        "I love you," he whispered.

        Nina smiled. "I love you too."

        Kris then gently laid his head on her chest and Nina reached up to his hair. He closed his eyes at the feeling of her fingers running through his hair, releasing his stress at her tender touch. Nina seemed to realise that he was feeling burdened by his work and massaged his scalp when she realised that he seems to relax by it. She then trailed her fingers down to the back of his neck and gently massaged him there.

        After a while, her fingers went back up to his hair and the two stayed in that position until what seems to be like eternity. When Nina realised the time, she his cheeks and slightly bent down to kiss the top of his head. "Kris?"

        "Hmm?"

        "You need to leave for the airport now," she reminded him and he lifted his head off her chest. "You sure you don't want to come with?" he asked and she shook her head. "I'll be here with mom."

        Kris sighed. "Okay then." He then lifted his body off of her and made his way to the bathroom to shower and change. Once he was done changing, he walked out to see Nina seated on the edge of the bed and she smiled when their eyes met.

        "Come here," he gestured her to stand up and she complied. As soon as she was at arm reach, Kris pulled her in his embrace and nuzzled his face in her hair. "You smell good."

        Nina giggled. "So do you. But you better get going, Kris. It's rude to let elders wait."

        Kris pulled away with a nod and bent down to kiss her. "Love you."

        "Love you too."

 

 


Wow. I think I just realised how helplessly romantic I am. Heh. 

Sorry for the long wait, minions. Mama's been... busy. Yeah. Okay fine. I was lazy and I had a bit of a writer's block. But it's okay now. I'm fine.

Presenting chapter 32 to my minions. I hope you enjoy!!

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

Love you minions!~