The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

This is a bonus update for my lovely minions to celebrate my 400+ subscribers!!! OMGEEEE!!! I'm so happy! Thank you guys so much!! ♥ 

p/s do reach Chapter 26 and 27 before proceeding to this. :D


       

        "K-Kris?"

        The said male came into view and nodded once in Yuri's direction. "Yuri," he said as a form of greeting and acknowledgement. "Mind if I join you guys for lunch?" he asked and she hesitated a while before nodding, albeit nervously. She turned to Nina, expecting to see her sweating nervously and looking pale, but instead she looked...relief.

        Kris pulled out the chair next to Nina and without a care, leaned in to place a kiss on her temple. "Hi, babe." he greeted her and Nina slightly blushed at this. "Hey..." she shyly replied. 

        Kris took a seat and turned to Yuri who had a surprise look on her face. Kris would've laughed at her expression but he was feeling good after his exchange with the female next to her. Plus, he wanted Yuri to be on edge after the whole ordeal she had placed Nina in.

        "Have you ordered?" Kris asked casually, turning to his 'girlfriend' who seemed to be in a daze. Kris smiled amusingly at her and pinched her cheek, causing her to swat his hand away. "Cute," he chuckled, successfully turning her face crimson red. "Did you decide what to eat yet?" he asked her again, and Nina looked back down at her menu.

        "No," she replied with a huff. "Nothing looks interesting here."

        Kris nodded. He knew Nina's the type to eat food that are satisfying and has a large amount with a reasonable price instead of the expensive ones with a little amount served. Still, since they were already seated, they might as well order. "Just order something and we can get something else later if you're still hungry," he said and Nina smiled. "Do you want me to order for you instead?" he asked.

        "Sure." 

        Kris then turned back to Yuri who looked completely lost. Nice... "Yuri-sshi?" 

        The girl snapped out of her train of thoughts and looked up at him. "Yeah?"

        "Are you ready to order?" he asked and Yuri simply nodded, not really getting his question. Kris inwardly laughed at this and called for the waiter. The same waiter appeared with a glass of water for Kris and he stood at the side with his notebook and pen ready in his hands. "I'd like to have the steak - medium rare please and also grilled salmon with honey soy," he told the waiter and Nina can't help but think, He looks so handsome like this. The working attire doesn't help either. 

        Kris, oblivious to Nina's oogly eyes on him, turned to Yuri. "What are you having, Yuri-sshi?" 

        "U-Uh..." Yuri scrambled to open the menu in her hands and spluttered the first thing she saw. "Onion sticks please."

        "Onion sticks?" Nina asked with a frown. "Aren't you hungry?"

        Yuri blushed and stuttured to say something but Kris decided to take pity on her. "At least order some soup with it or would you like me to order for you too?" Yuri grew speechless at this and could only nod. When Kris turned back to the waiter, she frowned and stared at him. He's changed...

        When the waiter walked away with the menus and their order, Yuri watched as Kris turned to Nina and they both exchanged smiles with each other. Unable to hold it any longer, she cleared and successfully gained their attention. "Are you two dating?" she asked.

        "Yes." You would expect Kris to answer her but instead it was Nina, and she blushed when Kris chuckled at her side. She threw him a playful glare and he shrugged amusingly, pretending to scroll through his phone when it beeped.

        "H-How? I mean..." Yuri leaned in closer, hoping that Kris wouldn't hear her and said, "Doesn't he remember you from... you know... that?"

        Nina smiled. "That's how we met, to be honest." she whispered back and Yuri frowned at this. She was about to stay something when Kris cleared his throat. 

        "If you don't mind, I have to go make a call." he said and turned to Nina. "I'll be back soon."

        "Hurry back," was her reply and Kris couldn't resist kissing her cheek before he stood up with his phone and left.

        Yuri turned to her and immediately demanded her to talk. Nina smiled amusingly at this. "What do you want me to say, Yuri?" she asked.

        "Anything! What did you mean by 'that's how we met'? Wasn't he angry at you? I mean, he's Kris Wu! You should be dead by now. Actually, we both should!" Yuri exclaimed. "And you know he's a playboy, don't you?" she continued without letting Nina interrupt her. "Why are you dating him? Sure, it's great to see you finally dating someone but of all the guys in South Korea, you chose to be with him? The number one player??" 

        Silence.

        "So you knew what you were facing us with and yet you left me alone here?" Nina asked, her tone dark and menacing. Yuri was taken aback by surprise at her tone. "N-Nina, wha-"

        "You knew that he would be so angry that he'll go through hell just to find me and ruin my life, didn't you? Yet you still asked me to do it and you left me alone to face all of this. Shut it, Yuri and let me finish." she snapped when Yuri opened to speak. "How could you do this to me, Yuri? How could you take advantage of my naiveness and our friendship? Do you know how much I regret helping you now?" 

        "And for your information, Kris is a great guy. Don't talk about him anymore. Sure he used to date numerous girls before but he changed. One thing I'm grateful to you is that you had brought him to me. Because of you, I met an amazing guy and I'm happy with him. But it still didn't change the fact that you used me, Yuri." Nina finished, her face fuming in anger.

        Yuri could only stare wordlessly at her. At the corner of her eyes, she saw Kris's tall figure walking back to their table and Nina realised it too. "This is our last time together, Lee Yuri. Once this lunch is over, so is our friendship," she said that surprised Yuri to the max. She felt like crying at Nina's cold words but held it in when Kris reached the table and took a seat.

        What have I done?

 

 

         He watched as the two girls hugged and waved each other good bye before Nina walked over to his side and he absentmindedly reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers. When he realised his actions, he glanced at the girl and frowned when he noticed the sullen look on her face. She didn't even seem to realise that he was holding her hand, and he refused to make a deal out of it when it's clear that there was something else bothering her.

        Kris led her to his silver Audi and fished out his spare keys before opening the passenger door for her. Nina looked into his eyes and blushed at his gesture before stepping in. He smiled softly to himself as he shut the door and rounded the car to the driver's seat. He strapped himself in and turned to Nina, but she was once again lost in her own thoughts. He then thought of something and reached out across her to strap her in, and Nina snapped out of her trance and blushed deeply at his sweet gesture.

        "Thank you," she whispered. Kris nodded with a gentle smile and drove off to certain place he had in mind. As the view of the city went pass them, Nina turned her head to face the window and let her mind wonder off again. She had been thinking about her words to Yuri during lunch and recalled the hurt that flashed in her eyes. However, she refused to acknowledge it because she herself was hurt by her actions.

        The entire drive was silent and Nina was thankful that Kris didn't question her anything. She didn't mind telling him but she required the peace and quiet at the moment. Rolling down the window on her side, Nina stuck out her hand to feel the wind and smiled at the cool breeze she felt on her face.

        "Don't stick your arm too further out," Kris told her without keeping his eyes away from the road.

        Nina nodded. "I won't," and folded her arms against the door and rested her head on it. She could feel the cool yet humid air blowing against her face and smiled with her eyes closed.

        Kris sneaked a glance to her and smiled at the sight before turning back to the road. He felt happy at the moment and he was more than glad to be able to spend time with Nina outside the house. Noticing that this was their first time outside together, Kris felt his heart beating fast in his chest and didn't bother to hide the smile on his face.

        A while later, they reached their destination and Nina opened her eyes when she felt the strong blow of the wind decreasing. She sat back up in her seat and looked around. "Where are we?" she asked and turned to Kris. The male smiled and left her question unanswered as he parked the car and turned off the engine. "Kris, where are we?" she asked again but Kris was already out of the car and rounding to her side to open the door for her.

        She stepped out and looked around, gasping when she saw the beautiful sight before her. They were at a field that was lined up with rows of trees with pink blossom and the green grass added to the touch. Nina then felt someone interlacing their fingers together and looked up to see Kris smiling softly at her. He tucked her forward gently and they both walked through the rows of trees. Despite the fact that it was actually in the middle of the afternoon, the sun wasn't shining that brightly and the tress helped to block the heat from their faces. 

        They quietly strolled together, taking their times while holding onto each other's hands. Nina literally felt like she was on cloud nine at the moment and she fought the tears that threatened to fall off her face. Suddenly, Kris stopped in his track and Nina turned to him questioningly.

        "Nina, I..." he started but he seemed to be lost for words after that. For some reason, her heart starting racing in her chest and she kept her eyes on him, smiling when she realised that he seemed to be blushing. She tugged the hand that was holding onto hers, making him look at her in the eyes, and she smiled reassuringly at him.

        Tell me, her eyes seemed to say. Kris took a deep breath at that and instead of opening his mouth, he closed the gap and pressed his lips softly onto hers. When he felt her relax, Kris moved his lips and gently nipped at her bottom lip and she responded to his kiss. Just like the kiss they exchanged before, it was sweet and passionate at the same time. They were in no rush and they took the time to savour the taste of each other's lips.

        When she pulled away to catch her breath, Kris leaned their foreheads together - both their eyes still closed, savouring the moment. Still keeping their foreheads intact, he circled his arms around her waist and pulled her closer while Nina placed her hands on his chest. She could feel his heart beating fast in his chest and she smiled before she gripped onto his shirt, pulling him closer to her.

        "I love you..." she heard him whisper, his words travelling to her ears along with the cool wind. 

        She smiled and pulled away only to land her lips on his again and they slowly kissed, taking their times, being lost in their own worlds. She broke away and kissed the corner of his mouth before tucking her head under his chin, her arms circling around his waist.

        "I love you too..."

 


Finally! OMG he finally did it! He finally told her he loves her! Kyaaaaa~~ hahahahaha... OMG what is wrong with me?? How is it minions? Did you enjoy my bonus update for today?? hehehe... I hope you do. I expect lots of comments because I'm not giving out triple updates for free you know. Hehehehe. 400+ subbies for TWB! I can't believe I have that much minions! Thank you all so much!!!!

I love you all~~ ♥  xoxo