The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

This is a double update. Please read Chapter 26 first if you haven't. Thanks :)


 

        Kris returned to a quiet house late that evening and he frowned. He made his way towards the living room, shrugging off his coat at the process and his eyes darted around trying to find his mother or Nina. When none met his eyes, Kris placed down the coat onto the sofa and made his way towards the kitchen. His eyes softened at the sight of Nina stirring something near the stove and he smiled as he imagined himself coming home every day to see this scene. Since she had failed to notice his presence, Kris took the time to watch her. She was wearing a grey turtle neck sweater matched with black jeans, while her feet adorned a simple white socks and house slippers to keep her warm. Apparently she had just came out of the shower since her hair was slightly wet but it was neatly combed and left loose. She looked breathtaking with her brownish black hair stopping right under her chest.

        The sound of the stove being clicked woke Kris up from his trance but he was relieved to see that Nina had yet to turn, meaning she didn't see him jolting in surprise. When she turned, however, she shrieked in surprise at the sight of him. Luckily, she didn't drop the plate she had in her hands.

        "What are you doing there, standing so quietly?" she asked with a deep frown on her face.

        Kris could only smile guiltily at her before his eyes caught the sight of her towel being placed on one of the chairs. He sauntered over to reach it and walked towards the distracted girl serving dinner and placed a hand on her shoulder to hold her in place.

        "What are you doing?" she asked as their eyes met. Kris smiled softly and quickly covered her head with the towel, causing her to shriek again. "Yah, what are you doing?"

        He chuckled at this. "Hold still, Nina. You're going to get sick with the wet hair," he said and she stopped. Kris smiled satisfyingly at this and continued drying her hair carefully. He stopped when he felt a pair of arms circle around his waist and froze when he realised that Nina was hugging him. "N-Nina?" 

        She stayed quiet and her body seems tensed. This would be the second time she had hugged him, but this time Kris knew she was aware of her actions. Sensing that something was wrong, Kris wrapped his arms around her and held her close, wanting to give her comfort. He was slightly worried that she might be able to hear his rapid heartbeat, but he was more focused on her to give a damn about himself.

        "What's wrong?" he quietly asked and she buried her face deeper in his chest. "Nina, did something happened today?" He tenderly caressed the back of her head in order to soothe her while his other hand rubbed circles behind her back, and luckily it worked. Her body slowly relaxed and he felt her nod her head. "Tell me," he whispered.

        "Yuri called," came the muffled voice.

        Kris blinked. "Say that again."

        Nina slightly moved her face to rest her cheek against his shoulder and sighed. "Yuri called me this afternoon," she repeated clearly.

        "Oh," was all he could say. 

        "She sounded so happy when we spoke. She said something about a guy she met in Europe and all those travellings she did. She sounded so happy while I'm..." she couldn't find the words to continue.

        Kris took in a heavy breath and felt his heart sink. Are you unhappy with me, Nina?

        "She wanted to meet up tomorrow." Nina whispered, but it was loud enough for him to hear.

        "What did you say?" he asked.

        "...yes."

        Kris nodded slowly to himself and felt Nina bury her face in his chest again. Under normal circumstances, Kris would've been on cloud nine but at this point, he couldn't. Her words lingered in his mind and he hated to admit that he felt hurt by it. But he could only blame himself. He was the one who had kidnapped her and trapped her in his home.

        "Kris?" Her voice broke his train of thoughts and he hummed in reply. "Why are you so quiet?" she asked, looking up to meet his eyes.

        They silently stared into each other's eyes for a moment, none willing to move away nor blink. The silence was broke when Kris opened his mouth to whisper, "Are you unhappy here?"

        He sounded so hurt, so broken that her heart ached for him. She frowned and took a while to response due to the aching in her heart, and Kris took it the wrong way. He slowly pulled away, his eyes darting away from hers and it suddenly hurts her more to see him act like this.

        "I...I'm going to go shower and head to bed," he said. "Good night, Nina."

        Confused, she could only watch as he retreats and heads upstairs to his room. She slowly sanked down in one of the chairs, deeply thinking about his behaviour. Was it something I said? After a while of recalling what had happened - and also tons of blushing and such - Nina finally knew why he was acting this way. He must've thought I dreaded being here. He must've thought I regretted being here and meeting him.

        And that's exactly what Kris was thinking. Instead of showering, Kris was lying down on his bed with an armd drapped over his eyes. Her words were still lingering in his mind and he groaned in frustration. She must regret doing that favor for Yuri. She hates me, I knew it. Oh God, why does it hurt so much? 

        After a minute of pure torture for his brain and heart, Kris decided that he badly needed a shower so he got up and began to undress. Suddenly, his phone beeped from his blazer pockets. He sighed and reached for it, absentmindedly unlocked the phone and began to read the message.

 

I don't regret coming here, Kris. I don't regret meeting you at all.   10:35 pm

 

 

 

 

I left the car key on the kitchen table for you and left with Tao to work. Drive safely.   7:30 am

 

        Nina re-read the message Kris had sent her this morning and sighed before pocketing it. She continued getting ready for her lunch meeting with Yuri, and she dreaded it very much. Yuri was her friend, of course, but the fact that she left her to face everything alone angered her. Yuri had used her and she didn't like it one bit. Although, if it weren't for her I wouldn't have met Kris.

        Acknowledging her thoughts, Nina smiled and put on her coat before heading downstairs. She bumped into Mrs. Wu who just got in and smiled. "Nina, where are you headed?" she asked, eyeing her outfit. She was wearing a light purple turtleneck underneath a dark brown coat and black jeans. A similar coloured scarf was drapped around her neck and she had a black handbag tucked underneath her right arm. Finally, Nina adorned a black ankle boots that made her look stunning and fresh.

        "I'm... meeting a friend," she said with a convincing smile. "Where did you stayed last night, mom?" she asked, closing the gap between them.

        "At my old colleague's place," the elder replied as she unwrapped the scarf around her neck. "We had some wine after dinner and I was feeling a bit tipsy to drive home, so instead I opted to stay over. Everything good?" she asked casually.

        Nina nodded. "Everything's fine. I don't know what time I'll be back but I'll try not to stay out too late." she said and Mrs. Wu smiled. "Take all the time you need, dear. Have fun." A kiss at her cheek and Mrs. Wu headed upstairs.

        The drive to town was silent. Nina didn't even the radio and opted to roll down the window's of Kris's white Audi instead of using the AC. As she drove closer to town, the air turned a bit humid and Nina didn't like it one bit. She was now used to the cool air at the beach house and the humid air of Seoul suffocated her. Upon reaching the restaurant where she was supposed to meet Yuri, Nina parked the car across the street and simply sat in the car, finding it hard to head out. 

        She then took out her phone and fiddled with it for a moment before typing a message. 

 

I wish you'd be here with me.   12:30 pm

 

        She didn't know why she sent it but her heart told her that she was doing the right thing. Looking up to the restaurant, she caught the sight of Yuri walking in the place with her expensive attire and inwardly sighed. She rolled the windows back up and turned off the engine, taking a few deep breaths before heading out.

        The restaurant looked classy and expensive when she stepped foot in it and her eyes darted around to search for that one person. When their eyes met, Yuri excitedly waved her over and Nina faked a smile and sauntered over to where she sat. She watched as Yuri squealed and got up to embrace her tightly, and she could only hug her back with a fake smile on her face.

        "I missed you, sweetie." Yuri exclaimed when she pulled away. Her eyes seemed to glimmer in the dark light and Nina knew that she was indeed happy to see her. She smiled in return and tried to act as excited.

        "I miss you too. I'm glad you're back." It was forced but luckily Yuri was oblivious to it.

        "Yeah, but it'll only be for a little while. My man is waiting for me back in UK," she giggled to herself. "Uhh.. I miss him already." When a waiter came to their table with a set of menus, Yuri grinned at him while Nina simply flashed him a smile. He then proceeded to fill their glasses with warm water and stood at the side politely. "It might take a while for us to decide, so you can go about your business before we call you again." Yuri told him and he politely bowed before leaving.

        Nina scanned through the menu but nothing seemed to attract her. Not to mention that the food was quite pricey for her liking so she took her time scanning them. When Yuri cleared , Nina looked over the menu to her direction. "So, how have you been doing?" she asked. 

        "Uh, okay I guess." Nina replied and reached for her glass. She took a sip and placed it down before forcing a smile to her companian. "You?"

        "I'm good," the other replied eagerly. "I've been endlessly travelling eversince you-know-what and I've never felt so free in my entire life!" she exclaimed.

        You don't say. Nina picked up the menu again and did another round of scanning. Hmm, salmon looks good. But it's so... expensive! How about beef? Hmmm... Nina aimlessly scanned through the choice of food when she heard a gasp and looked up to see Yuri gasping like a fish out of water.

        "What's wrong?" she asked, concerned. She turned around and widened her eyes at the sight before her before she unknowingly let out a smile.

 

 


Hello minions.... I'M BACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Missed me? I doubt it. Hahahahaha... I've returned with something new and I hope you like it! 

Enjoy the double updates.

Muahxx ♥♥ 

Before I end my speech, we shall enjoy this!

You go, hot stuff ;) hahahahahaha! XD

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

Oh yeahhh... :)