The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

So, I called Xiumin to wish him happy birthday the other day and asked what he wanted for his birthday. Guess what he said? :3


 

        Nina looked left, right and left again before crossing the road, heading towards the other side of the airport where a row of taxis were parked. She was about to approach one that first came to her view but halted when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She turned and her eyes widened at the sight of the male before her.

        "T-tao? W-what are you... what are you doing here?"

        "It's a good thing Kris has me keeping an eye on you, Ms. Kim. Or I wouldn't have known that you'd be back," said the male as he smiled playfully at her. He approached her and slightly bent down to grab her luggage from her hand, and Nina didn't stop him.

        "Kris has you keeping an eye on me?" she asked as Tao turned towards a black sedan parked at the sidewalk and she followed.

        Tao smiled briefly at this. He opened the trunk of his car and placed her luggage in, before pulling open the back door for her. Nina looked at him weirdly and he chuckled. "What's wrong?" he asked. 

        "Will there be anybody else joining us?" she asked. Tao shook his head. "No. Why?" She surprised him when she replied, "Then why am I sitting at the back? Can't I sit at the front passenger seat like normal people do?"

        The male smiled and closed the door. He was about to circle the car to the side but Nina beat him to it and opened the door herself, letting herself in the car. Tao chuckled amusedly at this before he got behind the wheels and strapped him. "So, where am I sending you, Nina?" he asked eventhough he was certain he knew the answer to his own question. Nina proved him right by looking down at her laps and fiddling with her fingers instead of answering him, causing the male to chuckle for the umpteenth time. "I guess I didn't actually need to answer that question," he mused. 

 

 

        Mrs. Wu sighed worriedly as she watched the doctor checking the temperature of her son. Kris was lying down on the bed, sleeping but his face was pale and his breathing was labored. She had found him like this when she decided to wake him up for breakfast and when he refused to budge, she was surprised to learn that his body was scorching hot. She immediately called the family doctor and thankfully he was quick to arrive.

        The doctor removed the stethoscope and hung it over his neck before turning to the worried mother. He smiled calmly, showing his puffy cheeks and single eyelids as he assured the worried lady. "He's fine, Mrs. Wu. Don't worry. I believe it's due to stress and the lack of sleep. You did say he hasn't been eating well lately?" he asked with a soothing tone, wanting to calm her.

        Mrs. Wu nodded with a frown. "Yes, that's right. He's been overworking himself lately and he hasn't been eating much," she stated. The doctor nodded, jotting down everything that was said in a small notebook before looking back up at her.

        "Is there a reason why he's suddenly like this? If I recall perfectly, Kris is very professional in his work. Sure he works hard, but he never neglects his health." the doctor commented. He was one of Kris's friends since high school and he grew to be a doctor and serves the Wu family as their family doctor. Thus, he knew some of the habits of his patients in the family, and knowing Kris since his teenage years, he knew something was definitely wrong with the description his mother gave him. The female shook her head before a thought suddenly came into her mind and she hesitantly nodded. This confused the doctor so he asked for an explanation. "Ever since his girlfriend left, he had been acting this way," she told him. The doctor was surprised. He has a girlfriend? So that explains it then... Why didn't anyone tell me this?

        "And when was this?" 

        "About a week ago?" she replied, unsure. "Maybe more. I don't remember anymore."

        "I see. Did they fought? If they did, that may have caused the girl to leave and left him stressed and depressed. It's not good for him, obviously. His heart rate is poor and it's due to the depression. If this continues, I'm afraid he will have to be admitted to the hospital. But for now, I've injected some drug to help decrease his temperature and hopefully he will get better tomorrow. I will leave some few medications for him to take as well, and I suggest he finishes them all." the doctor adviced.

        Mrs. Wu nodded, her eyes never leaving the pale face of her only child. "I understand, Minseok. Thank you so much for coming over. I didn't know what I'd do if you weren't around. Kris hates the hospital and he'll hate it if he wakes up there."

        The doctor, Minseok, smiled and nodded understandingly. "Still afraid of the hospital I see. Well I can't blame him. That's not a place for us to create good memories. The smell of medications doesn't help either."

        "Hmmm... Well, thank you again, Minseok."

        Minseok nodded and kept his items in his bag before proceeding to leave the room. "He's my friend, Mrs. Wu. I would be here whenever I'm needed. Plus, I owe your son a lot. This is the least I could do for him."

        "Thank you. Would you like to stay a while?" she asked as she accompanied the male downstairs.

        Minseok shook his head and smiled. "I can't. I have another appointment later. But I will be reachable. So if there's anything, you can just give me a call." When Mrs. Wu nodded, Minseok walked towards the door and opened it, not before he ushering the female to go back upstairs. He was caught by surprise, however, when he saw someone standing at the other side. "Tao!" he exclaimed.

        "Gege!" Minseok was immediately tackled in a tight bear hug by the tall male and the shorter responded while laughing happily at his dongsaengs behaviour. It has been a while since they've last seen each other and they both felt great at the unexpected meeting. Tao broke away from the hug, still smiling smiling widely at his hyung and exclaimed, "I missed you so much, gege!"

        "I missed you too, panda." the elder replied as he ruffled the younger's hair. "How are you?"

        "I'm good. And you?" Tao asked but then halted. He frowned upon realising that the male was dressed in his working attire and immediately grew worried. "Wait, why are you here? Is something wrong?"

        Minseok was about to answer him when he caught sight of a lady standing awkwardly behind Tao, looking out of place. He inclined his head  towards her and Tao turned before beaming. "Ah, gege meet Nina. Nina, meet Minseok gege."

        "Hello," they bowed to each other, putting on a smile on their faces for their first meeting. "I'm Kim Minseok, a close hyung of Tao's." Minseok introduced himself. 

        "He's a doctor," Tao added and Minseok chuckled at this.

        "Nice to meet you, Minseok-sshi." Nina smiled.

        "She's Kris-ge's girlfriend," Tao suddenly said, causing Minseok to turn to him in surprise before turning back to the female. Nina blushed and mentally cursed Tao. Why did you have to tell him?

        "Oh, so you're her..." the doctor suddenly murmured but it was loud enough for those two to catch. Tao frowned and was about to question it but Minseok beat him to it. "As Tao had said, Nina-sshi, I'm a doctor. More specifically, I'm working for the Wu family. I was called by Mrs. Wu earlier because Kris is unwell."

        "What?" Tao and Nina asked in unison. No wonder he had looked pale yesterday...

        "How is he?" Nina couldn't stop herself from asking. A strange twinge appeared in her chest at the sudden info and she grew worried about the male. Her inner self kept questioning her decisions and actions, but she opted to listen to her heart instead. And it has told her to voice out her worries. "Is he going to be okay? How bad is he?"

        Minseok smiled softly at this. "He's fine. He's just stressed and slightly depressed. He's not eating well and apparently he lacks sleep too," he informed them. He inwardly smiled at Nina's worried expression. Kris will definitely be in good hands... 

        "It's been going on for a week or so," Tao absentmindedly said. Nina turned to him and frowned. "It has? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

        Tao, taken aback by her sudden burst, stuttered. "I... uh, forgot?"

        "Of all things, Tao." Nina simply said and turned to Minseok. "Thank you, Minseok-sshi. Is Mrs. Wu with him?" she asked. Minseok nodded and she sighed. "Alright, thank you. I'll be going now. It was nice meeting you, Minseok-sshi." she said before making her way in. The young doctor, however, stopped her and made her turn around again. 

        "Call me if there's anything wrong - which I doubt." Minseok said with a knowing smile. "Just make sure he gets enough rest and make him finish his meds."

        "Okay," she replied and immediately dashed upstairs.

        Minseok turned to Tao the moment she was out of sight and smiled. "There's something fishy around here..." he said and smirked when Tao sighed. "Come my panda. Accompany me to my next appointment and we shall hang out after that. In the meantime, why don't you rehearse on what you have to tell me later."

        Tao could only groan at this.

 

 


Ta-daaaaa!!! As requested from father baozi himself, I had added him in my story. Hehehe... Well not really but I'm a delusional authornim so bear with me. You can join me if you want to. You are all welcome!! Anyways, I can't imagine Minseok as a doctor. Urgh, how can that man be 24 (internationally) with that face!?! I think I look older than him! *cries ugly tears* OMG WHAT IS THIS??? CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

I bet he lied to us about his age. He wanted to appear more manly and older, so he changed his birth year when he's actually younger than most of us. URGH FML! *facepalms* 

 

So... back to the story. He. he. he... *fiddles with fingers* surprise? OMG KRIS I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU SO DEPRESSED BUT I JUST HAD TO AND I THOUGHT SINCE KARMA'S A I THOUGHT I'D LET YOU SUFFER A BIT BUT THEN EVERYONE HATES ME FOR HURTING YOU WERTYUIOLMNBVGFDVBNSJKLE. *sighs* You know I love you right, babe? I'm sorry... 

 

In conclusion...

NINA IS BACK EVERYBODYYYYYY!!! SO LET'S PARTAAAYYYYYYYY~