The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        It was a warm, beautiful Saturday morning and the winds blew softly around the city of Seoul. Downtown at a local church, guests consisting of close family and friends gathered together to celebrate the union of two families through a sacred marriage. Standing outside the church’s door stood many different types of ornaments made especially for the bride and groom-to-be, making the church look more lively and beautiful.

        Nina stood at the pavement walk and took in her surroundings. The sound of elders chit-chatting away reached her ears, followed by the sound of children laughing while running around with their friends made her smile in contentment. Her right hand gingerly reached up to the bulge of her stomach and her heart automatically pounded loudly in her chest. She closed her eyes and took deep breathes before opening them again as she was ushered into the holy building.

        She purposely chose to sit at the last row right beside the alley where the bride would enter later and took in another shaky breath. Her heart continued to pound dangerously loud in her chest as more guests filled in the room. She gripped her now sweaty palms and interlaced them together before closing her eyes and hanging her head down. To others, she may look like as if she was praying. But no one knew what was actually going on inside of her mind and heart.

        When Nina finally opened her eyes again, she spotted the groom standing at the end of the altar, looking handsome in his suit and blonde hair. Instead of drooling over his handsome look and dazzling smile – like the other girls in the room – Nina frowned and bit her bottom lip in utter disgust and annoyance. Suddenly, the wedding march started and she grew more and more nervous as everyone in the church stood up from their seats to welcome the bride.

        She watched as the bride entered the room, walking arm in arm with her father with a genuine smile on her face. She was so beautiful in the white gown that bared her shoulders and showed her slim waist, and not to mention the beautiful veil that covered her face, which the groom would later lift in order to kiss her lips. As the bride made her way through the altar, their eyes made brief contact and Nina couldn’t help but shudder in her seat. She watched with grimed expression as the bride reached the end of the pathway and stood next to the groom on the podium after giving a chaste hug to her father.

        Nothing but silence and the voice of the priest echoed through the Romanian-styled church as the sign of the beginning of the ceremony. Nina fidgeted restlessly in her seat, occasionally holding onto her bulging stomach, as the voice of the priest echoed through her head.

        Suddenly, the words she had dreaded waited to hear reached her ears and made her heart stop beating for a millisecond.

        …speak now or forever hold your peace.

        The seven words registered to her brain as everyone quietly sat, waiting for the priest to continue with the ceremony. Nobody expected to see anyone stopping the wedding, and Nina was the unlucky one who had to ruin their hopes.

        All heads turned to hers as she stood up from the bench and loudly said, “I object to this wedding.” Gasps and murmurs were heard from everywhere throughout the room and she could see the shocked faces of the parents of both parties. She could also make out the shock look on the groom’s face but the bride remained stoned and impassive. However, Nina refused to pay attention to them in order to bravely speak out and stop the wedding.

        “I object to this wedding,” she repeated with a sad look on her face.

        “What is it, child?” the priest asked, giving her a chance to speak up her mind.

         “I cannot let this wedding go on without letting the bride know the consequences of marrying this man, Father.” Nina said sadly, but firmly.

        “Speak up, child.”

        “First, I’d like to apologize for ruining the ceremony, but before Lee Yuri marries Kris Wu, I think she has the right to know who her husband-to-be actually is…” The church was filled with murmurs and whispers at the beautiful girl’s words. The Lees were as shocked as the Wu’s, yet only the bride remained calm.

        “Kris…is the father of my child.” Nina suddenly said as she placed her right palm on top of her bulging stomach. Tears started flowing down her beautiful face. Both side of the family were already standing in shock.

         The church was soon in chaos. The guests were bewildered by the sudden revelation, whilst the Lees looked like they were about to explode in anger. The Wu’s were so shocked that they remained stoned.

        But no one was more surprised then the groom himself.

        “Liar! I don’t even know who the girl is, Father!” Kris yelled. He was no longer standing on the podium. His eyes shot daggers at the beautiful girl standing before him, hands on her stomach.

        “Kris, I ask nothing else from you. But Yuri has the right to know about this. About you. Even if you refuse to take responsibility… I-I…I’ll be fine with it.” Nina said softly, yet loud enough for him and his family to hear. Tears continued to roll down her face and she hung her head down, letting her hair fall to cover her face. The guests were all sitting in silence, still trying hard to process the sudden news.

         "What the hell are you trying to do here, woman?" Kris shouted angrily.

        “If you don’t believe me, here’s proof!” Nina suddenly shouted in between her sobs as she took out an envelope from her handbag. The father of the bride hurried to her and snatched the envelope away before taking out a few inappropriate images of Kris with many different girls in each one of them.

        In the midst of all that, Nina turned and quickly ran out of the church and off the holy grounds crying like there was no tomorrow.

        Yuri looked around the room in pure sadness, horror and disappointment. Her eyes soon landed on the angry look her father had on his face before he threw the photos to the ground and turned his body sharply to Kris standing behind him. He pointed a finger to his face and tried to say something but failed due to the anger building inside of him. Instead, he turned to the still-shocked Wu’s and roared, “This wedding is off!”

 

## Chapter One posted! Do comment and tell me what you think. I'm one of those authors who are thirsty and hungry for comments. Please say something. Anything. ##