Davichi

One Shot to Tell You

 

 (start at 0:41) ^-^

Do you remember us together? Happily walking in the overgrown field of wildflowers the sun on our back like it was never going to end, this wonderful period of time.

I remember how you first found me; I was lying on a bench unconscious and with shallow breaths slowly leaving my pale white cheeks.

You told me you were worried I would have died in the cold like the girl in the book we read together on Christmas night.

I won’t lie, I was glad you took me in even though I was trouble to you. You loved me, even through all of the scars that were etched onto my heart and all of the sufferings that I made you endure.

So why, why did you let me go when I was finally in love? Did you see me as nothing special as everyone else did before you?

You took me in and nursed me back to health, do you remember when I was first with you? 

You avoided me even when I was trying to thank you for your kindness, even now through my tears I can smile at the thought of you.

You were nervous, the second time you ever loved again since your first heartbreak.

You asked me ‘do you have anywhere to go?’ and let me stay with you, caring for me at all cost.

As I got to know you, I saw your pain and anger. What you went through after everything was pulled away, and I was scared of it, of you.

You reassured me that you were ok and to not be scared, finally seeing my heart and soul for the first time. You weren’t afraid or upset; you didn’t expect anything from me other than to trust you.

Moreover, I did. With everything that I held precious, the night of Christmas that we celebrated together, the time you took me on a picnic to the clear river just the pretty little butterflies and us, together, laughing.

I know now that I cannot change your mind or your choice of her over me.

She was your first love, and I was a setback.

However, even now I cannot let go of the hope that you still love me as I love you. I know you told me to forget of our relationship and find someone who truly will shine for me but how can I forget you?

My light, my one true love is walking away from me. Don’t worry about me though, I promise to never forget you and to grow from what our time together has taught me.

Truly, never have I felt anywhere as close to this happiness in my life. Although our time was short and didn’t last long, I would give up my soul to be able to have that time together again even just to get to hug you and look into those loving eyes.

Perhaps when we are reborn again, I’ll get to see you and in that time our love will be stronger. But for now, this is goodbye my love.

I’ll try hard to not look back, at the happiness and bright colors but I say this, because it’s not mine to look at or want.

When you told me we were through, that this was life, someone else’s tears fell down my dry cheeks. As our entwined fingers part, I feel such sorrow and longing but you will be happy right? I’m glad of that…..goodbye, until next time.