Cross the line

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

 

“Why did they lock the other room?!”

L. Joe shouted to the top of his lungs then he kicked the door of the spare room.

Well, it is his first night in their new house and he couldn’t believe his mom and dad just did this to him. He thought if there are persons who would understand him the way he is, they are supposed to be his parents.

But why did they give him away?

There is no way they are thinking that moving him in with Hana would make them a baby. Like that would happen in a million years.

The house is actually big. Like I said, exaggeratedly big. But hell, why are there only 3 open rooms?

Two maid headquarters and a room.

The freaking master’s bedroom.

Well, they don’t expect him and Hana to sleep in one room, did they?

L. Joe sighed as he went to the master’s bed room, muttering a string of curses under his breath.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana, on the other hand, is sitting on the bed, facing the window.

Hell knows how she wanted to leave this new house.

She detests her parents right now. Believe me. She would never hate someone’s decision as much as she hates what her parents had done.

They sure must be crazy because they thought they could make her and L. Joe closer because they let them live under the same roof.

Ugh.

They are probably underestimating their love for their respective partners.

Hana heard someone knocking on the door.

“Come in.” She said as she went back to looking at the window.

L. Joe walked in with hands in his pockets. “Hey.” He beamed softly.

“Hey?” Hana replied unsure. “What’s the matter?” She asked.

L. Joe sighed and sat at the opposite side of the bed. “Did you know that they locked all the rooms?” He asked.

Hana’s eyes widened. “WHAT?! Is that serious?” She asked in disbelief.

L. Joe nodded. “Aside from the maid’s headquarters, this is the only room available.” He replied hopelessly.

Hana scoffed. “Wow. I can’t believe those people!” She beamed in frustration. “I can’t believe they would go that far!” She added, louder.

L. Joe sighed and lied on the bed. “So, what do now?” He asked Hana. “I guess this is really it.” He said as he felt the softness of the bed.

Damn. He doesn’t want to sleep on the couch!

Hana looked at L. Joe feeling really tired and all. He even lied on the bed and closed his eyes. He must have had enough of all this. Just like her.

This has to be the most stupid decision they have done in their lives and she hates herself for giving in.

But, what could she do anyway?

Rebel?

Her parents could probably do something about that. They would probably hire some real gangsters and teach her a lesson, making her quit rebellion.

Suicide?

That’s ridiculous.

Runaway with Zico?

Hmm. Why hasn’t she thought about this idea before? She could’ve run away with Zico, to a faraway place where her parents won’t be able to track her.

But, I doubt her parents wouldn’t find them. After all, they have money.

“Lee Byunghun,” She called.

L. Joe hummed.

“Do you think this is the most ridiculous idea ever?” She asked.

L. Joe smiled with his eyes closed. “Worst idea ever, woman.” He replied.

Hana nodded.

So, he was thinking the same way as her. This is really the most ridiculous idea ever and they couldn’t even do something about it.

Perhaps, regrets are really the end part of a deal when you didn’t think of much before arriving into a certain decision.

Holy . This is how it feels like.

How could they escape from this?

This setup is going to kill them for as long as they live because they have succumbed to this.

Too much for thinking they would please their parents after this.

Pleasing parents equals killing themselves.

Seems unproportional.

Seems irrational.

Seems illogical.

“Why did we even agree on this?” L.Joe spoke, sitting up from the bed.

Hana sighed. “I don’t even know what went through our minds!” She replied, mixed emotions.

If they knew this would happen, they wouldn’t have agreed to this stupid arrangement.

Why do their parents ask them for something they don’t like?

Haven’t they heard the word “LOVE”?

And don’t they know that you can’t force someone to love someone just like that?

Do they think love is easy?

Hell. It could be worse.

L. Joe stood up. “I’ll get going.” He said. “I’ll be sleeping on the couch.” He continued.

Hana looked at him. How could he even sleep on a couch? It seems like his body would give up anytime soon.

“Hey. You can sleep on the bed. It is big for the both of us.” She suggested.

L. Joe raised his brow and gave her a look. “Hey, don’t you think you are starting to like me already? I’m telling you. I have Minji and I love her so much.” He spoke.

Hana almost laughed at L.Joe’s stoned expression. “Seriously? Jiho’s way better than you. Why would I want you?” She asked as she shook her head and placed tons of pillows in the midline of the bed.

She looked at L.Joe. “Happy? Don’t cross the line, you brat.” She beamed as she lied on her side of the bed.

L.Joe smiled. “You don’t cross the line, you freak.” He shot back as he lied on the other side.

Their backs facing each other.

Perhaps this is the only way they remedy everything.

Thanks to their parents who support them all the way.

Oh joy!

Not.

L.Joe sighed and prayed he would dream of Minji tonight. God! He misses his girl a lot. It has been a whole day that he hadn’t seen him and each and every second of that 24 hours is making him miss her more and more.

Hana sighed in relief and hugged her pillow, thinking it is Zico.

Would someone be better than Zico to her?

Hell no!

Not even L.Joe!

Because no matter what happens, Zico will always be the only one in her heart. The only man in her life.

Would these two get over this?

The fact that they have to be married despite having someone they love is making them crazier everyday.

Heaven knows how Hana would even go to mass in Israel to ask God to help them solve this problem.

But that doesn’t seem to happen in the near future.

No. Not when they fell asleep and crossed the line.