Let it all begin.

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

 

L. Joe looked at his reflection in his car’s tinted glass.

It was just minutes since he left Minji alone in the library and he feels guilty that he has to leave his awesome girl for this MANDATORY dinner.

He sighed to himself as he gave his car keys the valet and strutted inside the five star hotel.

“Are you Mr. Lee?” The receptionist asked him.

L. Joe nodded. “Yes.” He replied as he was escorted to the dining area.

L. Joe almost laughed. *So, they are VIP here?* He thought as he walked in the restaurant where he saw his mom and dad and three other people who he thinks are the Kims.

He walked hesitantly and slowly to the table.

Mrs. Lee immediately smiled. “Oh, son! Here you are!” She beamed as she walked to L. Joe and led him to the table with the Kims.

L. Joe smiled. “Sorry for being late. I had some errands to do.” He bowed without looking at the Kims.

But before he realizes it, he was looking at Hana who was just as shocked as he is. They were both speechless.

Mrs. Kim happily smiled at L. Joe. “Oh, you have such handsome son.” She told his parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee smiled.

“Of course.” Mrs. Lee beamed back as she asked L. Joe to sit in front of Hana. “Oh, Hana is studying in Seoul University as well. Haven’t you guys bumped to each other before?” She asked L. Joe.

L. Joe looked at his mom. “We are classmates.” He said nonchalantly.

The parents’ eyes widened. “Really?!” Mrs. Kim beamed. L. Joe nodded.

Mrs. Kim looked at Hana. “Why didn’t you tell us?” She asked her.

Hana blinked at her. “What should I tell you?” She asked.

“That you are in the same class as Lee Byunghun.” Mrs. Kim replied.

“I didn’t know you were talking about that Lee. There are a lot of Lees in my class, mom.” Hana replied making Mrs. Lee chuckle.

“It’s okay.” Mrs. Lee said. “At least we know now that they know each other.” She beamed. “Now, we don’t have any worries when they get engaged.” She chuckled making the mothers giggle.

L. Joe and Hana looked at their mothers.

“WHEN WE WHAT?” They both asked in disbelief, standing already.

The parents looked at their shocked expression.

It’s not that they are not expecting this kind of response from the two. But they had to do this.

L. Joe looked at his parents with an extreme mix of angry and shocked emotion. “Dad, what is the meaning of this?!” He blurted.

Hana looked at her parents with a pleading look. “Mom, dad, please, don’t do this to me.” She begged, making her parents look at her in pity.

The parents sighed and just shook their heads.

“Lee Byunghun, Hana, sit down first.” Mr. Lee spoke.

Both obeyed without a word but with crossed arms.

“So,” Mr. Lee started. “Lee Group of Companies and KMS Marketing Corporation will make a big decision that will waver all the other companies in the country.” He explained.

L. Joe and Hana listened attentively.

“We will merge.” Mr. Lee concluded.

L. Joe looked at his dad with raised brow.

Mr. Kim smiled. “And one of the conditions would be marriage for the two of you.” He said simply.

Hana looked at her dad with unexplainable emotions. “Dad! How could you sell me away like this?” She asked as she finally could not bear anything anymore.

The parents including L. Joe gaped at Hana who was clenching her fist in anger.

This is the first time that the bubbly Hana had shown her tough side. No one could have ever imagined the sweet-looking and happy-going Kim Hana being this frustrated.

Well, for Hana, she could take everything. EVERYTHING BUT THINGS THAT REQUIRES HEART.

And she will not just let this go that easily. She won’t. She doesn’t want to.

“Kim Hana!” Mrs. Lee called her.

Hana looked at her parents before shutting her eyes forcefully, exhaling deeply. “Sorry. I’m going. I think I need some air.” She beamed as she took her things and went out.

The rest stayed still in awe.

L. Joe stood up. “Sorry. I don’t think this should be happening.” He said as he followed out, going to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L. Joe walked to the parking lot thinking about what their parents had said.

He just couldn’t get why big companies need to expand more. Why do all companies need to be like that? Why do all companies need to be ahead of the rest?

L. Joe sighed as the mere thought of marrying Kim Hana, his girl’s best friend and the type of girl he wouldn’t like, flashed in his mind.

It is like he just wanted to bury himself alive 10 feet under the ground.

He wanted to laugh at himself right now. Is destiny playing with him? Why are things in his life happening like this?

He hated it.

But somehow, there is this force that makes him want to say yes to it.

Because that is the only way that his parents would stop controlling his life.

Maybe being married to someone would make his parents realize that he is a grown up man. He is independent.

But no. He wanted to get married to Minji.

Not Hana.

He loves Minji. There’s no doubt about that.

And this whole situation for L. Joe. For the first time, he considered being with someone else other than his girl.

He placed his hands in his pockets as he walked to his car when he noticed a silhouette of a woman looking at nothing in the starry night.

His eyes widened when he recognized who she is.

He unconsciously walked to her and sighed. “Tough night, huh?” He said as he walked beside her and looked at the stars as well.

L. Joe smirked. “I never imagined you act that way, Kim Hana. You even reacted more than me.” He continued.

Hana sighed deeply and nodded. “I don’t want my parents to think that I am fine with them controlling my life. They have controlled enough. I can’t let them control me with this.” She said. “Not with something involving my heart’s decision.” She added as she closed her eyes and composed herself.

L. Joe looked at Hana and smiled. “Well, but that is what they do. into things they shouldn’t be messing with.” He replied.

Hana sighed once again. “You too?” She asked.

L. Joe nodded. “Ever since the world began.” He sang.

Hana chuckled. “You at notes. Just rap.” She teased.

L. Joe raised his brow. “You think?” He asked. “Minji thinks I rock at everything.” He beamed.

Hana laughed. “What have you done to my best friend?” She asked in a teasing manner.

L. Joe chuckled. This is the first time he had this long interaction with Hana. He never wanted to be around this girl.

But I guess, of all people, they are the only ones who could comfort and understand each other.

Perhaps, this is the time where “You don’t know how it hurts because you don’t feel my pain” is correct.

Hana sighed. “But you know what?” She asked making L. Joe look at her. “I am thinking of reconsidering.” She said.

L. Joe raised his brow. So, she was feeling the same thing.

“If I said yes to this, maybe this will be the end of my burden as their daughter.” She continued. “Because honestly, I am tired.” She ended.

L. Joe looked at her, scrutinizing her every movement. He could see how upset, tired and confused she is. Just like him. Hana is feeling the exact same feelings he is feeling.

L. Joe sighed. “You know what?” He asked. “I do too. I am thinking of reconsidering. To make all this stop.” He said.

Hana looked at him. So, he was feeling the same way. She had never thought L. Joe would even reconsider things like this. Well, she couldn’t imagine herself either.

They looked at each other. And smirked.

Let it all begin.