"You're just her boyfriend."

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

“Congratulations on what you did for Minji a while ago.” Hana told L.Joe when they were in bed. They were in bed but they are at both ends. Miles away.

L.Joe glanced at her and saw her smiling while looking at the ceiling.

Why does she even look so angelic when she is lying on the bed? She’s as angelic as any other angels. L.Joe could bet on that.

And it makes him want her more.

He wants her. He wants to be with her.

He sighed to himself when he remembered that she is smiling because she’s happy for him and Minji, her best friend.

“I just did what you want me to do.” He replied nonchalantly then stared at the ceiling.

“Don’t you…” Hana’s voice trailed. “Don’t you love her anymore?” She asked cautiously.

L.Joe looked at her. “Of course I love her.” He replied.

Hana smiled. A sad smile. There is this force inside her that wishes that L.Joe would say no. But no, he said he loves her.

L.Joe knew that smile. It was forced this time. What could this mean? He wondered. “But…” he paused and saw how Hana’s expression changed. He faced her and caressed her cheek. Hana’s eyes widened in shock. “My heart races when I am with you.” He whispered. “What do we call this phenomenon, Kim Hana?” He asked her.

Hana looked into his eyes. Sincerity. That’s all she could read. “Lee Byungh-“

“Ssshhh.” L.Joe hushed her. “Don’t think about what I said. Just let it go. If you want me to be with Minji, I will. Because you want me to.” He told her.

Hana looked at him. She is on the verge of moving her hand to his face and tell him that she is confused of what she is feeling but no. That would make him get close to her and maybe drift away from Minji. That would hurt Minji. And Hana can’t handle that.

Or at least not now.

She isn’t ready yet.

“Sleep.” L.Joe told her. “Good night, Hana.” He smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear.

God! How he wanted to kiss her right here right now.

“Good night.” Hana whispered.

L.Joe smiled. Music to his ears.

--

Minji was smiling from ear to ear as L.Joe sat beside her in the cafeteria. She is with Teen Top and Hana. Yes. Kim Hana, Lee Byunghun and Kang Minji all in one table.

Small small small table.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Minji asked L.Joe who is beaming at her with his arm around her shoulder.

L.Joe smiled and shook his head. “Seeing you eating makes me really full.” He replied and Minji giggled in giddiness.

Hana watched them smiling. Fake smiling.

She’s seated between Chunji and Ricky and Ricky, known to be a Kim Hana fan is really happy that he got to sit with Hana today.

There is no Zico around and that made the visual maknae shiver in excitement.

L.Joe would steal glances at her and he would feel really jealous because Ricky is too close and he wanted to be that close to her as well.

But then he’s with Minji. Like what Hana told him where he should be.

“Noona, eat this!” Ricky motioned to feed Hana.

Hana smiled and took the spoon and ate it on her own. Much to Ricky’s dismay.

L.Joe stifled a laugh and Minji looked at him. “What are you laughing about?” She asked.

L.Joe then turned serious before smiling. “Ricky is such a dummy.” He replied and Minji nodded laughing.

Ricky frowned at them. “Why are you like this to me, hyung? This is my only time because Zico hyung is not around!” He whined.

Hana smiled. Yes, Zico is not around. He didn’t text her. He didn’t call her. Something is wrong.

“If Zico saw you, you’d be dead meat.” Minji stuck her tongue at Ricky.

Ricky wrinkled his nose and glared at Minji. “Aish! Noona!!!!” He grunted.

Hana took her phone out of her pocket and started to text Zico “Where are you?” before putting her phone back inside her pocket.

L.Joe eyed Hana who really looks worried right now.

“What’s wrong, Hana?” Chunji asked.

Hana looked at him and shook her head. “Nothing. Just..” She trailed. “I don’t know where Jiho is and I am worried.” She finished.

Chunji nodded. “Well, he didn’t tell you why he isn’t around?” He asked.

Hana shook her head.

Minji and the rest of the Teen Top looked at her in disbelief.

“He didn’t text you?” Minji asked shocked.

Hana nodded. “Something’s wrong with him these days.” She started. Everyone listened. Even L.Joe. “He doesn’t contact me that often. He doesn’t tell me where he is going. I don’t know. I’m worried about him.” She said sadly.

Minji looked at her best friend sad. “Maybe he’s up for something big for you?” She tried to cheer Hana up.

Hana smiled but sadness is still written in her face. “I don’t know. I don’t want to expect.” She replied.

Minji sighed. “He’ll get to his senses soon.” She assured.

Hana smiled and nodded. “I hope so.” She spoke with obvious loneliness.

L.Joe looked at Hana and felt bad for her. She shouldn’t hurt like this. It’s not fair.

He is once again infuriated by Woo Jiho. He really wouldn’t do anything good. Not to him. Nor to anybody. Even Hana.

What the hell is happening?

“Hana!!!” Jihyun came running to their table.

Hana looked at her and was shocked. “What? Why? What’s wrong, Jihyun?” She asked.

Jihyun panted and her hands on her knees. “Woo Jiho…” She started panting. “He’s in the campus. And drunk. He’s wasted.” She finished.

Hana immediately stood up. “What? Where? Where is he?” She asked ready to leave.

“The boys managed to drag him to the Student Council office.” Jihyun replied.

And Hana run off. Really fast.

--

“What’s wrong, Woo Jiho?” Hana is infuriated because Zico came to school drunk and all.

He is wasted and he’d knock everyone down.

Hana, not just as his girlfriend, is concerned because she is the student council president.

Zico smiled at her and walked to her, motioning to hug her. “Baby…” He pouted and wrapped his arms around Hana.

Hana pushed him away. “Don’t baby me when you’ve just got to school drunk and wasted, Woo Jiho. Tell me what’s wrong!” She demanded.

ZIco laughed hard.

It was just him and Hana inside the Student Council room. Probably because he would snap everyone’s head off except Hana’s.

Hana has been noticing Zico’s weird behavior since the dinner they had the day she fainted. He looked like he is hiding something from her. It looks like he has a problem but he wouldn’t confide.

And Hana has been bothered since.

“Let me ask you that same question.” He replied. “What’s wrong, Kim Hana?” He asked. His eyes pierced Hana’s heart because she could see that he is angry. Way mad.

Hana looked at his eyes. “Don’t throw the problem to me, Woo Jiho.” She scowls. This is the first time she ever yelled at Zico. She doesn’t yell when they fight. She doesn’t talk that much when she’s mad but right now… it was different.

Zico messed his hair and took a deep breath. “Don’t act like the problem is on me when it’s you who started this!” he scowls.

Hana gave him a look. “What are you talking about?” She started to grow nervous.

What is he knew?

What if he knew from the start?

Is this the end of him and her?

Zico walked to her. Really closer. “Are you engaged?” He asked.

Hana suddenly was stoned. So he knew. “Who told you?” She doesn’t want to answer. She didn’t know how to break it to him. This is not the right time. She is not ready to face this yet.

“So you are?” He concluded.

Hana was about to reply but then the door burst open unveiling L.Joe.

Zico scoffed as he saw L.Joe. “Good timing, Lee Byuunghun.” He told him.

L.Joe glared at him and walked straight to Hana. “Are you okay?” He asked really worried.

Hana’s in tears. Why is this happening today?

“Don’t touch her.” Zico told him. “Don’t touch my girlfriend.” He repeated.

L.Joe gave him a look. A really really menacing look. “Who are you to tell me not to touch her?” He asked. “You’re just her boyfriend. I am her fiancee.” He grits.

Zico punched L.Joe on the face. “Yes, you are the fiancee and I hate that she would have to marry you not me! I ing can’t take it!” He hollered.

Hana looked at him. She wanted to stop him but she is numbed and stoned to her seat.

“What’s going on?” Minji was standing by the door. Tears rolling down her cheeks. 

 

----

Drama begins!!!! I'm so excited! :))))

Am I the only one?