Feeling Different

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

It has been a week since L.Joe has been discharged of the hospital and a week since their life became normal again.

Normal, I mean, they both have returned to their original lovers and have stopped having too much time for each other.

L.Joe must admit. He felt different.

He didn’t know how but imagining that he was smitten just hurts his pride. He hated Hana to the bones. Or maybe not, he just didn’t like her. But now, he misses her.

He’s sitting with Teen Top in Chunji’s crib. The boys had to have a boys’ day out inside the house. Ironic. But it was a small gathering for them.

Ricky was pouting and it irritated L.Joe to his gut. He had a lot of things in mind already and this is actually killing him. Ricky and pouting. It was the most awful combination he could ever think of.

“What’s with that ugly pout, Ricky?” CAP asked. He’s just as irritated as L.Joe is.

Girls would find it cute. But would that have the same effect on guys?

Of course not.

For them, girls should be the ones with aegyos. Not the other way around.

Ricky heaved a heavy sigh. “I was just jealous because Zico doesn’t break up with Kim Hana.” He pouted even more.

L.Joe gave him a look. What exactly did that mean? He likes Hana too?!

Damn.

Is Hana really that beautiful?

Okay. She looks like an angel but only L.Joe - and maybe Zico - knows that.

How the hell did Ricky like her?

He hated that thought.

And he hated what he is feeling right now.  

Chunji threw him a pillow. “Yah! Don’t wish on other’s misfortune!” He yelled then his attention was back on the video game they are playing. “Hana won’t even look at you when they break up. Who would want someone as childish as you?” He continued without looking.

Ricky pouted even more.

This time, CAP threw the pillow on Chunji.

“OW! Wae hyung?!” Chunji whined.

CAP gave him a look. “You’re too harsh!” He hollered.

Ricky gave CAP a grateful smile.

CAP rolled his eyes. “You’re making him pout more, dammit! I hate it!” He added making Chunji laugh his off at the visual maknae.

“HYUNG!!!!” Ricky whined at CAP.

“Damn it Ricky! Stop being so childish!” Niel scolded him.

“And you all should stop shouting! Damn it!” Changj, who was trying to sleep in the corner, woke up and scolded them all.  

Everyone looked at the maknae and glared.

Changjo just rolled his eyes and went back to sleep.

L.Joe just shook his head at everyone. He looked at Ricky. “Oy, Ricky.” He called. Ricky looked at him. “Why do you like Kim Hana so much? What’s so good about her?” He asked.

Ricky placed his hand under his chin and thought. “Well, she’s pretty, simple and smart. She looks like an angel when she smiles and she’s responsible. She is not afraid of anyone and she’s the perfect example of Neyo’s song Miss Independent when she grows up. I like her like that.” He ranted.

L.Joe raised his brow. “I don’t think she’s that great.” He muttered and looked away, crossing his arms across his chest.

Ricky rolled his eyes. “What do you know, hyung? You don’t live with her and see her everyday.” He pouted and took his phone to focus on his farm.

L.Joe shook his head, smirking. “Yes. What do I know?” He mumbled as he thought of going home with Hana later.

--

“I have a problem with L.Joe.” Minji confessed.

Hana looked at her concerned. “What is that?” She asked.

Minji sighed. “I don’t know if it’s just me or is he really off these days.” She started. “He’s acting weirdly since he was hospitalized and I don’t even know why.” She pouted.

Hana held Minji’s hand. “What do you mean?” She asked.

Minji shut her eyes to gather her courage. “I don’t know. He doesn’t text me first. He doesn’t call me at night that much. He doesn’t walk me to school anymore. He doesn’t do the things he used to do and it upsets me. Even with those small things.”

Hana sighed and gave Minji a comforting hug. “Why don’t you ask him why?” She suggested.

Minji shook her head. “What is he tells me the things I don’t want to hear? I don’t like that.” She declined. “I just want my old Byunghun back.”

Hana her hand on her best friend’s hair thinking about L.Joe and what he was doing these past few days.

When at home, he always teases her. He just pisses the hell out of Jaeun and he distracts her whenever she does homeworks or whatnot at home. But she knows that he was always with Minji.

So what is Minji talking about?

Has L.Joe grown a cold shoulder on his girlfriend?

“But you have to talk this out.” Hana said. “Relationships falter because of the lack of communication and honesty with each other.” She said.

Well, actually, it was more applicable to her and L.Joe right now.

Honesty.

When will they even talk this out with their lovers?

Minji looked at Hana. “Do you and Jiho confide and talk about your problems with each other?” She asked.

Hana blinked at Minji. She nodded right after. “O-of course.” She smiled awkwardly. She knows it was awkward she just prays that Minji does not notice it.

“Minji, you should have faith on your boyfriend. Maybe he’s into something and he’s just having a hard time?” Hana spoke.

Minji looked at Hana and smiled, feeling comforted. “Thanks, Hana. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She smiled and hugged her tightly.

Hana smiled bitterly. *I wish you could say that some time in the future too.* She thought sadly.

 --

“Yah, Lee Byungun!” Hana narrowed her eyes on L.Joe who was eating cookies in the living room while watching the Walking Dead.

L.Joe looked at her who just arrived and looking so angry over something. “What are you shouting at?” He asked with mouth full of cookies.

Hana rolled her eyes and sat across him. “Stop being a douche.” She told him.

L.Joe narrowed his eyes on her. “What?!” he spat in disbelief. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Kim Hana.” He replied. “Now, stand away from the television. I can’t see the show.” He growled at her.

Hana shut her eyes in frustration. Okay. So maybe her term was a little over the line. Okay. It was over the line and below the belt but she can’t stop herself from being too angry that Minji is sad right now because of the guy in front of her.

She sighed hard and looked at L.Joe. “Why are you giving Minji a cold shoulder?” She asked, calmer than her first statement.

L.Joe glared at her to move away from the television.

Hana moved but she was still waiting for L.Joe’s answer.

L.Joe’s eyes were on the television. *Cold shoulder?* HE thought as he watched normally. “Who said I was giving her a cold shoulder?” He asked quietly as he munched the cookie, eyes on the television.

Hana heaved a heavy sigh. “Well, she was close to tears when she talked to me a while ago.” She replied. “She was telling me how you changed. You don’t contact her that often, you don’t walk her to class, those sorts of stuffs.”

L.Joe nodded but his eyes never left the television.

“You know she loves you so much right?” Hana asked him. “You should hold on to her. She’s the best girl you could ever have. And she notices and appreciates even the smallest of things you do to her.” She continued. “So, please, be good to her. She’s too precious to be hurt.”

L.Joe sighed. “But I will hurt her in the future.” He replied. “Even how precious she is, even if I don’t want to, I will hurt her in the future. You know that, right?” He asked as he gazed at Hana’s brown eyes.

Hana looked at him. She was out of words. Yes, and that’s why he shouldn’t hurt her now.

But what difference would it bring anyway? Hurt her now and let her be immune to the pain, or, take good care of her and hurt her one time big time in the future?

Either way, it would still hurt.

There will still be pain.

L.Joe looked through Hana’s eyes. “Do you want me to stay the same?” He asked.

Hana gulped. Why does he sound like he was asking permission from her? Why would he not treat her right, right now?

“Do you want me to stay the same? Do you want me to treat her the way I do, Kim Hana?” He asked, his brown eyes talking to her.

Hana looked away. “Why are you asking me?” She asked back. “You should because you are her boyfriend. And she is my best friend.” She replied.

L.Joe looked back in the television. “But I am your fiance too.” He added.

Hana’s heart beat stopped for a while when she heard the word fiance come out from L.Joe’s mouth. So, now he treats her as his fiance? Was this a good news?

“You love her.” She managed to say after being out of herself.

L.Joe sighed. “Then why do I feel different when I’m with you?”

This time, Hana’s heart raced to 300mph.

 

-----

You can check my new story out if you have time. :)

The Casanova's Buddy [M]

Thanks, Baes! <3