Checked

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

“Baby, what happened to your hand?” Zico asked as soon as he saw Hana’s finger wrapped in a gauze.

The two met at a restaurant for dinner.

Hana smiled and shook her head. “Nothing. I just tried to help in the kitchen then I got cut by the knife.” She assured him.

Zico took her wounded hand and inspected it. “Are you sure?” He asked.

Hana nodded. “I am sure.” She smiled.

Now, this is what she liked about Zico the most. He may seem cold in the outside but he is really kind. He takes care of her well and he never forgets to remember the special dates.

He is thoughtful. Well, he is a great rapper, obviously and someone who possesses supreme looks and charisma.

Who could put up with that?

Zico sighed and looked at Hana. “Next time, don’t cut vegetables. Really. I don’t like to see you hurt.” He spoke. “Plus, it bruises. It ruins your perfect skin.” He grinned.

Hana narrowed her eyes on him. “Yah!” She scolded making Zico laugh.

“Love you, baby!” Zico beamed with matching peace sign.

Hana just looked at him and couldn’t help but laugh. Really. Zico and his childish alter ego. “By the way, what’s wrong?” Hana asked.

Zico shook his head. “Nothing. Everything’s fine.” He replied.

Hana gave him a look. “You know that I don’t believe you.” She remarked looking straight at Zico.

Zico smiled and shook his head. “Really, nothing’s wrong. I just missed you.” He insisted and kissed her wounded finger.

Hana sighed. She knows Zico is hiding something from her.

What could it be? She wondered.

“Here are your orders, Ma’am/Sir.” The waiter came with the food they ordered.

Hana and Zico liked dining in Italian restaurants the most. You know, these two are pasta and pizza people. And that’s what they ordered.

“Hold on.” Zico stopped Hana from eating.

Hana looked at Zico as he pulled his phone out and switched the camera on. He raised the camera and motioned Hana to come closer. “Smile.” He said as he clicked ‘capture’. He grinned at their selfie. “Hehe. Selfie.” He muttered making Hana look at him weirdly.

Seriously, since when did Zico took selfies?

“Are you getting vain, Woo Jiho?” Hana teased.

Zico chuckled. “Nothing. I just want to post something about us.” He replied as he posted it on his Twitter account.

ZICO92: Dinner with my favorite girl. <3 Love you always! :* #selfie

(With their picture attached)

Hana almost laughed her heart out when she looked at Zico’s post. What is wrong with him tonight? “Yah, you don’t do drugs, do you?” She cleared.

Zico chuckled. “Why would I when you alone make me addicted and high?” He beamed making Hana blush.

“You sweet talker.” She replied as she started eating.

Zico just shook his head and chuckled.

 

----

ZICO92: Dinner with my favorite girl. <3 Love you always! :* #selfie

“Tsss!” L.Joe threw his phone to their bed as he read Zico’s post.

He doesn’t know why there this feeling that makes him want to punch someone in the face right now. His heartbeat is racing and he couldn’t feel at ease.

He looked at his watch as he walked to the terrace. “It’s been 2 hours.” He mumbled as he leaned in the railings and looked at the gate.

He sighed heavily. He really doesn’t understand what he is feeling. Why can’t he sit comfortably, watch or play NBA in his XBOX instead of waiting for Hana to come back?

When did he even wait for her like this?

To think he didn’t even eat anything today.

Anything.

He doesn’t eat breakfast. He just had bread and milk because he is into working out and he didn’t want to ruin his exercise and diet plan.

He was about to eat lunch since all his favorite foods were laid on the table but he couldn’t. Instead, he watched Hana sleeping and wondered why his heartbeat is racing really fast.

He was about to eat dinner but then when he was about to call Hana, she was preparing to go to a date with Zico so he lost appetite.

And now, he is waiting for her.

Hana, who is more than 50% the reason behind why his stomach is growling right now.

Okay, since when did the Almighty L.Joe do this? This is so un-L.Joe-like. He didn’t even do this with Minji.

L.Joe shut his eyes and messed his hair. “What the hell? This is not me.” He told himself as he went down to drink a glass of water.

He is hungry, yes, but he couldn’t bring himself to eat. Is that even possible?

Yes. Because L.Joe doesn’t like to eat alone. He always have to have someone eating with him. That’s the reason why he started the Seafood Island deal in the first place.

“Hana is not yet home?” Ahjumma, who just finished doing the left over chores, asked.

L.Joe nodded. “Yes. She’s been gone for 2 hours.” He replied. His voice sounded really different and Ahjumma noticed that. How could she not? She was there when L.Joe was growing up until now. There is no way she couldn’t memorize his voice tone.

She knows when he sounds happy. That was his tone when he was bickering with Hana a while ago.

She knows when he sounds sad or worried. That is his tone now.

“You go to sleep, Byunghun. I will wait for her.” Ahjumma volunteered.

L.Joe looked at her and shook his head. “No, Ahjumma. You rest. You had a long day.” He said. “I will wait for her.” He assured.

Ahjumma gave him a look but in the end she nodded. “Okay. But eat okay? You haven’t eaten anything other than bread and milk.” She reminded. “Don’t trigger your ulcer okay?”

L.Joe smiled and nodded. “I will be fine, Ahjumma. Now, go to sleep.” He said.

Ahjumma nodded and started walking to her room.

L.Joe sighed and walked outside. Seriously, he’s not in the right mind tonight.

He walked to the pool area so when Hana comes, she wouldn’t notice him but he will definitely see her. He sighed. Really now, Lee Byunghun.

He looked up and watched the stars.

Ever since he was a kid, his mother always told him that the stars are the people who’ve gone to heaven and they are watching over the people they left on land.

He always believed that. Until their science teacher told them that stars are luminous parts of the galaxy with their own gravity. They shine because they are composed of mainly positively charged ions.

Silly.

But regardless of what they said about stars, there’s something about them that amazes him. It feels like the stars give him this solemn feeling that he is not alone. He feels like he is confident when he looks up at the stars.

Psychology.

He sighed heavily. “Seriously, why isn’t she coming yet?” He asked himself as he looked at his watch again. “It’s almost 3 hours.” He added.

He took his phone and dialed her number.

“Hello?”

L.Joe sighed as Hana answered the call. “Where are you? It’s getting late.” He asked.

“I am waiting for a cab.” She replied.

L.Joe sighed. He knew that Zico can’t drive her home because if that happens, both of them – L.Joe and Hana – are dead meat.

“Where are you, I’ll pick you up.” He volunteered. It was late and that alone is the reason why he wanted to pick her up.

“No. I can manage.” Hana assured him.

L.Joe shut his eyes. “No. It’s late. I’m picking you up. Where are you?” He asked slightly annoyed at Hana’s stubbornness.

“Arasseo. Aish. Molly’s Café.” She replied.

L.Joe nodded. “Okay. I’m coming. Don’t move. Bye.” He hung up then ran to get his keys, jacket and wallet.

 

-----

Hana walked to Molly’s Café and waited for L.Joe.

Seriously. If he had let her ride a cab, she would’ve been at home and sleeping right now.

Why, L.Joe, why?

Hana glanced at the counter and was bombarded by the delicious cakes in sight.

“Blueberry cheesecake.” She mumbled as she sighed and ordered one. Sweetness is her weakness really. That’s why when Zico is acting sweet, she couldn’t even resist him.

She went back to her table with two slices of blueberry cheesecake and a caramel frappe. Don’t get her wrong, she can eat the whole cake but she was shy to buy the whole thing, so she just bought two slices.

She almost cried when she tasted the cake. “Yummy.” She mumbled as she enjoyed every bite.

“Aish.”

She heard a familiar voice. She looked up and smiled. “Oh, L.Joe!” She beamed as she chewed the cake. “You’re here.” She added.

L.Joe rolled his eyes and sat across her. He took her fork and took a big bite on the other slice of the cake. “Oh! This is delicious.” He beamed nodding.

Hana’s eyes widened. “Yah! Buy your own!” She whined.

But it was too late because L.Joe took another bite of the cake. And another and another. And that’s not it! He even sipped on her drink. “HA! So delicious.” He beamed as he slouched himself on the soft seat.

Hana’s eyes widened as she saw her food taken away by this bimbo. “Yah!” She almost yelled at him.

L.Joe shut his eyes and pretended to sleep.

Hana scoffed at him. “Aish. You really know how piss me.” She mumbled as she finished the food left.

L.Joe smirked when he heard that. “You do too, don’t worry. We’re quits.” He replied with his eyes closed.

Hana gaped at him. “Psh. You eat like you didn’t eat the whole day, aish!” She mumbled. “You and your gluttony.”

However, L.Joe didn’t respond. His eyes were closed and he seemed sleeping.

Hana had this time to stare at his face. Right now, she understands why most girls in the campus loved L.Joe because right now, he looks like an angel. His facial features are perfect! From his eyebrows to his lips. Everything is just pure perfection.

“Don’t stare at me. I might melt.” L.Joe then said still with his eyes closed, making Hana look away.

“W-who I was staring? How would you know? Your eyes are closed!” She defended herself.

L.Joe smirked and opened his eyes. “So you were staring at my handsome face?” He asked cockily.

Hana scoffed. “Handsome? Where?” She teased.

L.Joe wrinkled his nose. “Aish! You brat!” He scolded her.

Hana chuckled. Oh no. She would never admit she just checked him out. 

 

 

------

 

CALLING ALL FILIPINO READERS

I posted a new story on wattpad. It's in Filipino and it's entitled, "THE GAY'S EX-GIRLFRIEND". If you have time, you can check it out. Here's the link: [CLICK] :) Thank you, baes! Love you all~