"Thanks."

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

“Ahjumma, what do we have for lunch?” Hana asked their helper as she walked to the kitchen.

Ahjumma looked at her and smiled. “Bulgogi and Galbitang.” She replied.

Hana’s eyes widened. “Oh my gosh! I love Bulgogi and Galbitang!” She beamed as she watched the helper cook their lunch.

Ahjumma chuckled at Hana. “This is also Byunghun’s favorite.” She retorted making Hana narrow her eyes on the helper.

“Eyy, Ahjumma! Why do you always cook Byunghun’s favorite? Don’t you care about me too?” She pouted. “I’m getting jealous already.” She pretended to be offended.

Ahjumma laughed at Hana. Surely, Hana can act cute sometimes, even when she doesn’t mean to act cute. “Arasseo, I will cook your favorite next time.” She replied, chuckling.

Hana smiled widely. “I will look forward to that, Ahjumma!” She beamed. “Do you want me to help you?” She offered. “I can slice the veggies!” She volunteered.

Ahjumma smiled and nodded at the vegetables. “Go and slice them.” She happily replied.

Hana chuckled and started slicing. To be honest, she never got to do this at their house – her parents house – because her parents were so protective of her they don’t want her to get cute anywhere. Oh, that’s how parents do. So, Hana is more than happy that she could finally do it now that she is not living with her parents anymore.

“Ahjumma, how long have you been working for L.Joe’s family?” She asked as she was slicing.

Ahjumma smiled as she was stirring the stew. “For about 20 years already.” She replied. “Byunghun wasn’t even born then.” She added.

Hana’s eyes widened. “Wow! They must trust you a lot, Ahjumma! Good job!” She beamed in surprise.

Ahjumma chuckled. “I guess so too.” She replied.

Hana looked at Ahjumma. “So, basically, you knew about L.Joe since birth.” She spoke. Ahjumma nodded. “And I heard he is closer to you than anyone else.” She added.

Ahjumma smiled. “I took care of him when he was little, that’s why.” She replied.

Hana nodded. “Ahhh. So that’s why you know so much about him.” She remarked then sighed. “I guess I can’t fight for your attention anymore. L.Joe is too close to you.” She joked.

Ahjumma chuckled. “Well, you are my princess now because you will soon be married with Byunghun. I will take care of you just as much as I took care of him.” She assured Hana.

Hana looked at Ahjumma. Somehow, she felt touched because Ahjumma treats her as a family as well. At least she won’t miss her mother that much now because Ahjumma is here.

Hana smiled at Ahjumma. “Thank you, Ahjumma.” She replied as she continued what she was doing.

L.Joe, who just came home from playing basketball outside, saw Hana helping in the cooking. He narrowed his eyes on her as he walked towards her. “Wow, Kim Hana. You know how to cook?” He asked as he leaned on the table.

Hana gave him a look. “Don’t talk to me, Lee Byunghun.” She beamed as she concentrated on slicing the vegetables.

L.Joe smirked. “You better not cut your finger there.” He teased.

Hana glared at L.Joe. “Don’t talk to me! I’m concentrating!” She complained as she continued slicing.

L.Joe chuckled and watched her instead. He looked at how delicate Hana was slicing the vegetables. Hell, he knows that Hana doesn’t know anything about household chores because she was born with a sliver spoon on . He knows that well because he doesn’t know how to do those himself.

He looked at Hana’s very concentrated face and chuckled. “Well, you look really funny when you are concentrating.” He beamed.

Hana flashed him another death glare.

Ahjumma was just smiling at her spot thinking how adorable these two are.

“Shut up!” Hana beamed at L.Joe.

L.Joe chuckled and went beside Hana. “I want to try too!” He whined.

Hana glared at him once more. “Do something else! I am enjoying this!” She whined back.

“I want to do it too!” He protested.

 “I don’t want you to! I want to do it myself!” She protested back.

“Give me the knife!” L.Joe demanded.

“I don’t want to!” Hana whined back.

L.Joe didn’t even notice that he was already leaning close to Hana. Perhaps he was so into pissing her and convincing her to give him the knife.

Hana blinked at L.Joe’s closeness to her face. She suddenly felt something skipping in her chest. . Did she just feel her heart skipping one beat?

Ahjumma noticed that the two have silenced down and she looked at them. She was shocked when she saw the two not moving at all and was facing so close to each other. She was shocked to see that because… it was awkward.

She faked a cough making the two jolt up and separate themselves from each other. She smiled. Ahhh, her babies are just too adorable.

“OW!” Hana winced in pain as she accidentally cut her finger.

She didn’t even know what happened but she must have held the wrong side of the knife making it cut her. And it was not the simple cut you would have. Hana’s was big enough.

L.Joe immediately took the knife away and grabbed Hana to the sink to wash her bleeding finger.

Ahjumma didn’t even know how it happened. It just happened so fast and all she saw was L.Joe is already washing the wound. She snapped out of her thoughts. “I will get the first aid kit.” She said as she ran to get the kit.

L.Joe looked at Hana who is still wincing in pain. “Does it still hurt so bad?” He asked her.

Hana nodded without looking at him. She was into the blood and she was about to pass out because she hates seeing blood. She fears blood and…

“YAH! KIM HANA!!!!” L.Joe shouted because he was shocked to see Hana fainting. Good thing he caught her in his arms.

He muttered a string of curses as he carried Hana to their room. “Holy .” He said one last time as he laid her on the bed.

Ahjumma followed after with the first aid kit. L.Joe took it.

Ahjumma looked at Hana. “What happened?” She asked in concern.

L.Joe sighed hard. “She fainted when she saw blood. I guess she’s scared of her own blood.” He replied.

Ahjumma chuckled. “Then, I leave her to you.” She said. “I’ll check on the dish I am cooking.” She said as she left the room.

L.Joe looked at the door before looking at Hana. He sighed hard as he took the things he needed from the first aid kit and nurse Hana’s finger.

*Damn. Who would faint seeing her own blood?* L.Joe asked himself as he nursed Hana. *Now I wonder what she is like when she is on red tide.* He thought again.

He shook his head as he wrapped her finger with gauze. He sighed as he finished nursing her and looked at her sleeping face.

Once again, he saw how angelic she is when she is sleeping. Well, it’s not like this is the first time he could see her sleeping – heck, they sleep on one bed, right? – but he just doesn’t seem to get amazed of how innocent she is when she is sleeping.

It’s as if she is sending off good vibes that makes the person watching her and that person has got nothing to do but smile.

Hell, yes, L.Joe is smiling. He even fixed Hana’s bangs.

He suddenly felt his heart starting to race fast. He looked at Hana again and he felt his heart beating faster. He shut his eyes and held on his chest.

*Why am I feeling this way?* He thought as he stood up and leaned on the wall. He glanced at Hana once more. He was breathing pretty bad.

He shook his head. *No, it can’t be.* He denied as he walked out of the room. “I just need fresh air.” He mumbled as he closed the door quietly.

 

---

“No, why would I do that?” Hana asked Zico. They were talking on the phone. She was knocked out the whole day and she just woke up from her fainting incident.

“You didn’t even call me at all today. I’m really hurt.” Zico complained from the other line. “Are you sure nothing bad happened?” He asked in concern.

Hana chuckled as he looked at her injured finger. “Nothing happened. I’m fine. I just dozed off the whole day.” She replied. Well, she isn’t lying. She really dozed off the whole day because it’s 6PM now and she just woke up.

Zico sighed. “Okay. But I don’t believe you.” He insisted.

“YAH! Are you accusing me of lying?!” She beamed at him.

Zico chuckled. “Maybe?” He replied. “I want to see you. So bad.” He seemed sad.

Hana noticed something weird about Zico’s voice. “Hey, is there a problem?” She asked. Damn, she knows something’s wrong. Zico might be really sweet but he never changes from a happy to a sad mood that fast.

“Nothing. I just want to see you.” He replied.

“Okay. But I don’t believe you.” She repeated what he told her. “Let’s meet for dinner.” She suggested. “I want to see you too.” She added sweetly.

“Okay. Do I pick you up?” Zico asked.

Hana’s eyes widened. No he couldn’t pick her up. He doesn’t know her new address yet. She wasn’t ready to tell him about her and L.Joe getting engaged.

“No. I’ll just meet you on the restaurant.” She replied as normal as she could.

Zico chuckled. ”Are you sure?” He asked.

Hana nodded. “Yes. I’ll just see you there. Bye, Jiho.” She replied before hanging up. She sighed in relief when she ended the call.

“You’re going out?” L.Joe appeared out of nowhere.

Hana looked at him and nodded. “Yes. Something’s wrong with Jiho. I need to check out if he’s fine.” She replied.

L.Joe suddenly felt irked up when he heard where she’s going. He didn’t know why he didn’t like the sound of that but can he do something? I mean, what is he even thinking? This isn’t supposed to be what he should be feeling. He had to feel nothing. Nothing because Minji is his girl. And Hana meant nothing to him but the best friend of his girlfriend.

“Okay.” He replied as coolly as he could as he walked to the door again.

Hana looked at L.Joe. “Ah, Byunghun,” She called.

L.Joe stopped and slightly turned to Hana.

Hana smiled and raised her hand with the injured finger. “Thanks.” She finished before going to prepare for his dinner with Zico.

And just like that, L.Joe felt his world stop.