The RAP King

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

“Aren’t you feeling a bit nervous?” Hana asked Zico as they were preparing at the backstage for the sem-ender party.

Zico smirked with confidence. “Why would I be nervous, Love? Underground’s way way way waaaaaaaay fiercer than this crowd.” He replied, oozing with that certain confidence.

Hana laughed. “Oh yeah?” She spoke. “What if you found your match here?” She asked.

Zico snorted. “What match? Here?” He asked in disbelief. Of course, he would bet on his life that he will never find anyone in here that could match with him.

Or maybe there is someone.

But he also bets on his life that he will never join this. Not for him. Not for that someone’s own self.

Hana shrugged. “We don’t know. Maybe he’s just around the corner.” She teased as she continued overlooking at the program flow.

Zico looked at Hana, shaking his head. Why did his girlfriend have this little faith in him?

He chuckled and watched the people performing. So far, he hadn’t seen his match. There were like 20 people who performed already. But Zico’s confidence hasn’t even been wavered. *Ugh. This is not even entertaining.* He thought.

 

One shot,

Let me tell you something that you already know.

You just get the rock to me.

You na mean?

There’s only one chance as you walk on this dark path

Shine the light like Martin Luther King

Get your mind out fo’ the gutter

It’s too early for failure, you’re still young

One shot, one chance

There’s no second chance, don’t lose it, get ready now

Hell yeh, challenge yourself,

Spread your small self out, just do it

(One Shot – BAP)

Zico just smiled at this challenger. Well, he got guts and the swag to rap. He believes he’s named Bang Yongguk from the HRM Department. Yongguk has been trying his hardest to have a rap battle with Zico ever since he knew that Zico was doing underground battles but he just would never budge. Of course, Zico wouldn’t lower his standards.

Or at least, that was what he thought.

People clapped as Yongguk finished his piece. And yup, he even glanced at Zico, giving him a sarcastic smirk.

Zico just shrugged. *Dude, you’re not even in my pinky.* He thought as he cross his arms and waited for the next challenger.

 

When I walked you back home, it was the house of another guy

I felt like you always walked a bit farther from me when there were a lot of people

Just like a big balloon shrinking down, we have cooled down

I can’t hide my frustrated heart

What went wrong?

The memories of when I first saw you become faint

The love swing has stopped

I board the train that will never come back

I’ll let you go I’ll let you go…

(Insane – BTOB)

 

It was the sensational Giyomi King, Jung Ilhoon, who just finished his rap.

Of course, many people know him because he was the founder of the viral Giyomi Player and everyone was just taken away by his cuteness.

And it was ironic because he was equally good with rapping as with his cute image.

Zico just nodded in approval. *So, maybe this kid has some bright future ahead of him if he wants to.* He thought as he scrutinized Ilhoon.

Ilhoon humbly bowed at the crowd and even to Zico. Yep, he was known as Zico’s fanatic and it’s such a privilege for him to join this.

“And now…” The MC started. “We are down to the last challenger of the night.” He declared.

Everyone was cheering and clapping.

Zico suddenly got excited. *What is this? A fanbase?* He thought as he waited for the last challenger to appear.

“We have never expected him to join this.” The MC spoke. “But here he is.” He added.

The crowd was even getting sicker and jumpier by the moment.

“Let’s give it up for… THE L.JOE!!!!!!” The MC announced and the crowd just turned crazier by the moment.

Zico smirked as he watched L.Joe climb up the stage. *The midget came.* He thought mocking L.Joe in his mind. He smiled. *Now, the real battle begins.* He thought as he locked eyes with L.Joe.

“What now?” L.Joe mouthed and smirked before turning to the crowd.

Zico scoffed. “You’re going down, Lee Byunghun.” He mumbled.

 

When I tell them hoes bow, bow, bow to me

Drop down to your knees

Young Money, the mafia, that's where the love cease

I'm in a Dominican, Big Papi Ortiz

Doing Target Practice

All these es just aiming to please

Shout out to the C.E.O., 500 degrees

Shout out to the O.V.O. Red wings and Fatigues ah

Niggas wanna be friends,

How coincidental, this was supposed to be ya'll year?

We ain't get the memo

A young king, pay me in gold

Forty got a bunch of weed, he ain't even rolled

These niggas be dropping songs

They ain't even cold

Weezy on top and that nigga ain't even home...Yet

Yeah, be very afraid

These other rappers getting bodied and carried away

it, me and Nicki nick getting married today

And all you es that be hating

Can catch the bouquet

Ooh, yeah, you a star in my eyes

You and all them white girls, party of five

Are we drinking a little more, I could hardly decide

I can't believe we really made it

I'm partly surprised

I swear, damn, this one for the books

Man, I swear this is as fun as it looks, man

I'm really trying to make it more than what it is

Cause everybody dies but not everybody lives

(Moments 4 Life – Nicki Minaj ft. Drake)

 

L.Joe ended his piece with crowd (especially the girls) throwing themselves at him. He was rather shocked that he got this whole attention by himself when Teen Top has been mocking him ever since he went to school today.

Oh, not to mention, Kim Hana.

Which he looking for right now anyway.

Seafood Island for dinner, yeah!!!!

Hana was watching at the sides of the stage and yes, she was awed. Or no, she was way beyond awe. She has never thought that L.Joe would be this good. Sure, Zico is good – no, perfect – but there is this certain aura in L.Joe that makes her want to listen to him more and more, slowly, gradually.

It wasn’t long until she realized that she has been spacing out because she didn’t even notice that it was Zico who’s on stage already.

*Dang. What just happened?* She thought as she shook her head to bring her back to reality.

 

“Now now now now…” The MC beamed as he was face to face with THE LEGENDARY WOO JIHO.

The crowd didn’t even rest. They were crazy. Of course, they anticipated for him to finally showcase his talent in front of the whole school.

“Why do I feel nervous now that I am face to face with The Zico?” The MC almost stuttered.

Yes, people, that was THE ZICO aura. It was that oozing and even the MC couldn’t even handle.

Zico chuckled. “Chill, Minhyuk, it’s just me.” He tried to lighten the mood. Oh, but his voice just made the crowd go wilder than ever.

The MC breathed deeply. “It’s just too different now than when you are latching on the office couch.” He joked making everyone laugh.

“Well, I guess so then.” Zico replied.

The MC shrugged. “Alright, too much for the talk. LET’S ALL GIVE IT UP FOR THE UNDEFEATED Z-I-C-O!!!!” He hollered making the crowd scream their lungs out.

 

Ayo, my pen and paper cause a chain reaction

To get your brain relaxing, a zany acting maniac in action

A brainiac in fact son, you mainly lack attraction

You look insanely whack when just a fraction of my tracks run

My rhyming skills got you climbing hills

I travel through your mind into your spine like siren drills

I'm sliming grills of roaches, with sprayed on disinfectants

Twist the necks of rappers 'til their spinal column disconnects

We disinfect then check the monologue, turn your system up

Twist them up, and indulge in the smog

This is the season for noise pollution contamination

Examination of more cartoons than animation

My lamination of narration

Hit's a snare and bass of track ed up rapper interrogation

When I declare invasion, there ain't no time to be stare and gazing

I turn the stage into a barren wasteland...

I'm Infinite

(Infinite – Eminem)

 

Everyone was cheering as Zico finished his piece. Some were even throwing money and all, like how it is done in the underground world.

Heol. What a performance!

Zico was too passionate and he was all over the stage. He owned it. He even owned the crowd.

And yes, Zico proved that there is NO ONE that could beat him. He was in there – in the pedestal of rap masters. He just proved everyone that he is INDEED the RAP GOD of the campus and of the underground.

L.Joe was watching him. It might even be hard for him to admit that he is somewhat awed at Zico’s performance (okay, there was no way that he would admit it EVER) but Zico is. Honestly, he is the only person who could turn the campus upside down with his rap.

Man, his words are just…

WOW!

But L.Joe wouldn’t admit it.

“He’s good.” Chunji admitted.

CAP smirked. “Damn, what good are you talking about? Of course he is the RAP GOD. He is the KING!” He beamed.

The maknae line were just astonished at what they watched. Sure, their hyungs, CAP and L.Joe, are good rappers but what the heck?! WOO JIHO is just… PERFECT. It’s as if he was born to RAP and that rapping was all he has done all his life.

Dammit.

Zico was panting as he stared at L.Joe.

He was looking at him like he is challenging him to come up stage now and do a rap exhibition battle with him.

Hell, that would be epic. Two eye candies rapping. I would love to see that too.

L.Joe smirked. “Does he think I would fall into his game?” He muttered. “I didn’t rap to challenge him in the first place.” He continued.

Teen Top looked at him. “Then why did you join, hyung?” Niel asked.

L.Joe shrugged. “I don’t know. Seafood Island?” He replied as he walked away confidently.

The Teen Top members looked at each other. “What the heck? Seafood Island? What is he talking about?” They all wondered.