Epilogue

My Maria

 

 

 

Dear diary,

 

Wow. It’s been a long time since I last wrote something for you. How long was it? Three, four weeks ago? Don’t worry, I’ll fill you in with all the details you missed.

 

Chanyeol and I are going steady now. Can you believe it? Weeks ago, I’ve been wallowing in self-pity and now I am wallowing in his sweetness. Nothing much has changed really, although now, he’s insistent in holding my hand while we walk on home. There are times when he snatches a kiss on the lips, and I answer it with a smack on his head. Like that one time when he went to Saturday detention because of skipping school and deliberately not attending the big basketball tournament. We almost got caught by the teacher in charge and he ended up getting a swelling on his forehead.

 

We go on double dates, too. Sometimes with Luhan and his lab rat. And sometimes with Chanyeol’s ex and his rival. Turned out pretty awkward at first but now we’re friends with one another, hanging out during lunch or after school.

 

Kai’s back, by the way. After a week of ignoring us in school, he finally went to us and apologized. No more paper hearts and cookies this time, though. We thought it would be best if he’d announce it to the whole school the next flag ceremony. As soon as he got over the fact that three of his friends love boys more over girls, our group brightened twice as much, all because of him.

 

It also seemed like the whole school got over the fact that they have gay students. Chanyeol’s still in good terms with the basketball team. Some of them even share our table during lunch just so Chanyeol and I could be together.  There weren’t gossiping es in the corridors anymore. Nor were there knowing stares and secret giggles. It’s like they just got tired of meddling with other people’s business. About time, actually.

 

Mom knew about us and she’s really happy. Grandma quickly sensed something was different the first time we hung out in their house after our confession. “You two have been fooling around lately, haven’t you?” she said that night as she warmed milk for us. I almost choked on my drink. Chanyeol was quick to explain – to Grandma’s delight and my embarrassment. “He’s a keeper, Channie! Don’t ever let him slip from your fingers.” She said it was nice that Chanyeol had me especially during the divorce trial.

 

That’s all that have happened in the past weeks, I guess. I've been so busy too studying for the upcoming midterms and college entrance exams. I’m just thankful that I’m now dealing with normal teenage problems instead of worrying over an unrequited love for your boy best friend.

 

Tomorrow’s Saturday and Chanyeol’s bringing me to the studio next town to hang out with Kyungsoo, Suho, Chen, and Tao. I heard he’s asking them to not attend college and just hit on the road to perform non-stop across country. That idiot.

 

 

Dream of melon popsicles and salted popcorn,

Baekhyunnie

 

 

 

 

P.S. It’s his birthday in a few days. What gift should I give him? ;3;

 

P.P.S. Music or Accounting? How about Medicine? Or Engineering? OH GOD ENTRANCE EXAMS ARE THE WORST

 

P.P.S. Okay bye now. (For reals)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTES: I missed you guys OMG ;A; Here's the epilogue. It's short and simple just to tie the loose ends not answered in the ending.

Good news! [CONFIRMED] There would be a sequel. I repeat, THERE WOULD BE A SEQUEL. Things aren't decided yet but there's one thing I believe you all should know: IT WOULD BE IN CHANYEOL'S POV. :3

Bad news! Because I am trying to be a responsible student, I won't be back on being active until June I guess since I'm taking up summer classes. I *might* just pop out in that two months of inactivity but I can't assure you that I can post anything about the sequel. I'll try but don't get your hopes too high. 

 

Guys I really, really, really am thankful with all the positive feedback I am getting from you and I also am really, really, really sorry if I can't reply to your comments anymore. It just accummulated and ugggh I don't have time to reply to them all. /sobs/ Just know that I've read them and they are all very much appreciated. <3

 

Now for some mind boggling exercise (lmao): tell me something you want to see in the sequel - it may be some little detail I overlooked in the story that you want to give closure or some additional spice. I might just add it to the steaming pot :3 Go go go!

 

I'll see you all guys soon and again thank you very much!

 

P.S. BOYS CAN WRITE TOO OKAY? HAHAHAHA