Part XVI

My Maria

 

 

 

 

If one was going to write my story, he might write at that moment when I walked out of the door, Yixing was leaning on a wall waiting for me. He might write about how Yixing apologized fervently on the way home, of how I kept sobbing like a baby until I saw Luhan with Sehun on the street in front of my house. He might mention how we ended up hugging each other on the street, shameless of the curious stares and the awkward company.

 

But if I had to write my story, I might have wished for a different one. I might have ran back to Chanyeol inside the gymnasium and took one last kiss from him. He might have taken back his words and apologized, compelling me back to the safety of his warm embrace. He might have told me he loved me too. He might have announced it to the whole world.

 

He might have…

 

Now – four or five days have passed maybe, I lost count – it all seemed like a lifetime away.

 

I was clueless of what happened to Chanyeol because after my confrontation, he didn’t come back to school. I, however, still found the courage to attend school, ignoring the knowing and mocking stares on the hallway, or even the private jokes they share which pretty sure, was about me. The courage might have also driven me to call a worried grandma Byun. But the courage still left me unanswered, leaving me pried open to think over whether I was just curious or I was actually worried about him.

 

Of course, there were rumors that he’s staying in Dara’s house – rumor so absurd knowing how uptight Dara’s parents were. I talked to Dara once in a while just to get things back to normal but it proves harder than I imagined. She’s happy I finally got to tell Chanyeol I love – loved – him, but at the same time, she’s broken about how it happened. Like all of us, she had no clue about where Chanyeol was, saying he told her he needed some time of his own that same night. “He loved you sunbae, I can feel it,” she always mentions, which I never missed to answer with a laugh and a, “He should have told me sooner.”

 

Kai was too ashamed to talk to me again. Or maybe he’s disgusted with me, too, just like the whole school. He never approached me and Luhan after that night, especially when Luhan confessed he’s going steady with Sehun. After risking Chanyeol’s friendship, I lost the whole school into betting against me. But somehow, somewhere deep inside, it didn’t feel worse than crying over a lost friend. Gone were the days when I would see Chanyeol on my porch, waiting, with that silly grin on his face. Gone were his banters and funny antics. Gone were the melon popsicles and the scent of minty hair between my fingers. I felt like a big part of my life died and the void so broken it was impossible to mend.

 

Now – four or five days have passed maybe, I decided to stop counting – it feels like I’m living a new lifetime ahead of me. And yet, my heart still wishes to at least get a glimpse of a missing Chanyeol.

 

               

 

 

 

The leaves have turned brighter orange today, and checking the calendar tells me it’s the last day of the month – the day of the memorial.                

It was a Saturday so that I was left at home to wake up at the middle of the day. I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Trying to turn it off meant flailing my hands all over my bedside drawer and at the same time letting the things fly all over the floor. “” I muttered upon hearing something heavy thump on the carpet. I sat up and took everything, placing them back on the drawer. The eye drops however, stayed in my grip as I walked to the bathroom. The eye drops were mom’s idea, after she saw how red my eyes became every time I woke up. I told her about what happened between me and Chanyeol and I know she wasn’t clueless of the reason behind the redness of my eyes.

 

After I fixed my eyes, I went immediately down to prepare brunch, lest the day demanded me to hurry up to the venue of my gig. I still had six hours before the event so that I managed to bum out on the living room, reading books and pretending not to give a about the itch in my trousers. 2PM came, when suddenly my phone rang. “Hello there, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

It was Yixing.

 

“Sup.” I answered in a fake happy tone which I’ve been practicing for days.

 

“Nothing, I just wanted to know if you’ve changed your mind about the carnival. I still am open for a date, you know.” He teased over the speakers. I chuckled, a rare treat in a long while.

 

“I can’t let go of this gig, Xing. You know that.” I said, sighing. “Can’t you go with someone else?”

 

“I wanted to be with you,”

 

“Oh.” I muttered under my breath remembering the time someone told me the same exact words.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing. I just remembered something.” I said, shaking my head to let go of the thought.

 

“Well, you better change your mind soon, Baek.”

 

“Uggh Xing you know I can’t,” I stood up to take my cup of tea to the kitchen when an idea hit me. “Say, how about I find you a date then? Someone to go with you on my behalf,” I said teasing.

 

I imagined him shrugging with a silly grin in his face, eyes droopy but with a hint of mischief. “Well, surprise me,” he said over the phone. I smiled, playing with the teabag in my cup.

 

I will, Yixing.

 

 

 

 

 

“What sunbae? NO!” I rubbed my ears, to ease the ringing of my eardrums. As soon as I hung up on Yixing, I called Dara to tell her what I was planning. Of course, she won’t cooperate. “Yes Dara. You’ve always wanted this! Go get him!” I muttered, rubbing my temples, hoping to at least get some sense in this unforeseen conversation.

 

“But what will people think of me sunbae,” she said shrieking from the other end of the line, “they’ll think I’m a !”

 

“Trust me Dara. It’s best not to bother about what people will think of you.”

 

“No you don’t understand sun-”

 

“Yes I do, Sandara Park. Tell him you like him before it’s too late. Before he’s gone,” the words coming out heavy and full of resolve that I felt sorry for letting her know. The other end of the line disappeared into a faint heaving of breaths that I feared she already hung up.

               

“I’m sorry sunbae,” she said, almost stuttering. “Okay. I’ll meet him later,”

 

I smiled and closed my eyes. “Choose to be happy Dara,”

 

Choose to be with him.

 

 

 

 

 

6PM. I looked at myself in the mirror, noticing the faint evidence of sadness on my eyes. I took my eyeliner and drew on them to hide the redness but I stopped just in time lest I end up looking like a skinny panda. I fixed the creases of my button down shirt and brushed my hair back just a bit. Three more minutes and I was good to go.

 

I turned the power off in the house before walking out the door. Mom went to work in a hurry and all that was left of her was a note stuck on the front door that read “Take care. Love, Mom”. Upon exiting, the cold air brought me back to the same moment several days ago which seemed like another life away now. However this time, there was no Chanyeol waiting on the porch, nor a bunch of flowers held by sweaty, shaky hands. The air was eerie and empty, mirroring the void that was etched in my chest. I sighed, locking the door and pretty soon, I was walking alone towards the bus stop. Funny how a distant memory could bring back all the feelings I’ve held in for the past few days.

 

Everything reminded me of Chanyeol:  the tall guy by the window, the deep baritone of the bus driver, the couple sitting two seats behind, or even the laughter that came from the two children sitting in front of me. I found the urge to shush them up, but the gesture also reminded me of him. Instead, I ended up taking my earphones to my ears and listened to the songs I was going to sing. I closed my eyes to shut him out but all I saw was his face.

 

“Okay, Baek.” Okay, babe. And suddenly, the realization hit me in a slap of mockery – this gig is a bad idea.

 

Throughout the rest of the trip, two people served as my distraction going by the names of Dara and Yixing who were both on their way to the carnival. Yixing was very willing, even mentioning to me about the bouquet of flowers he bought for his blind date.. Immediately after the basketball game, he hunted the town for the best flower shop in town.  “I hope she likes being pampered,” his text message read, “I ing bought her a dozen of roses.” I told him it’ll be fine, “she deserves to be pampered, anyway.” I sent away, the smile never leaving my face.

 

Dara, however, was a different story.

 

Jfc sunbae, I think I’m gonna throw up.

 

I rolled my eyes at the exaggeration.

 

Do your thing now. You won’t want to throw up on him later, would you?

               

She replied in a flash.

 

You’re the worst sunbae.

               

I know, I said to myself. I imagined her, on the bus her fingers tapping nervously on her lap as she pursed her lips in frustration. She might even be biting her fingernails by now. The idea so plausible, I was 100% sure it was what she was doing.

 

You’ll thank me for this Dara.

 

I showed my tongue to the screen and tapped “send”. Her reply came later as she bid me goodbye:

 

I already am, sunbae. Thank you so much.

 

               

The knowing grin came unexpectedly, and for the first time that night, I felt the baggage lighten in me.

 

               

 

 

 

 

Crowded wasn’t even the right word to describe the scene – I arrived in a ing mob parade. Everyone was shouting and begging to come inside the establishment. Others were smoking by the sidewalk, completely oblivious to the cold and the noise. I tried to look for Luhan and Sehun who promised to come, but to no avail. So I just made my way to the entrance. Tonight, there was no one to guide me in the sea of people and somehow it made me sad. But the adrenaline was pumping up and I could feel a sense of independence as soon as I felt cloth and flesh shoving on my skin. I pushed and I shoved, ignoring the heat and the expletives until I saw the familiar face of the bar bouncer. Batista.

 

“Sup!” I yelled. Batista saw me and smiled. He motioned for a high-five before letting me in. As soon as I entered, I saw the owner on the stage running back and forth, setting up wires and barking orders to the other employees. “God damn it Jim. I’m not a doctor. Do something about it!” I heard him shriek as I saw the bass guitar fall on the floor and three men rushing towards the backstage. He raised his arms to the air in frustration. I cleared my throat before calling his attention.

 

“Hello sir,” I said, my voice almost cracking. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, if you still remember, I’m the-”

 

“Well. Of course I remember you!” he beamed, approaching me. And then I noticed him, traveling his gaze behind me. “Where’s your boyfriend?”

 

I gasped, the heart strings tugging so swiftly. I chuckled. “He’s- That was just my friend back there. We’re not dating or something.” I answered.

 

“Oh.” Was all he said.

 

“So, what happened up there on the stage? Everything alright?”

 

He looked at me, his eyes opening wide. “Oh yes, I almost forgot! Well you see, the bassist was accidentally hit on the head by a falling light bulb.”

 

“Geez.” I commented, grimacing.

 

“Well, nothing serious though. But we’re sending him to the hospital just in case. Why do these things have to happen on a big day? Well anyway, that leaves us with no bassist for tonight.” And then he stared at me, hard. “Unless you can bring your boyfriend, I mean, your friend, here.” I laughed nervously.

 

“I actually have no idea where he is, sir. You should look for someone else.”

 

“I could pay you double.”

 

“Doesn’t matter sir, I don’t think he’ll come if he knows I’m here.”

 

“Oh so you’ve broken up. That’s why you’re “just friends”?”

 

“What? No!”

 

“Okay, okay. Too bad. Well, go on and rehearse onstage then.” He ordered, and fished for his phone heading towards his small office in one corner. Jesus, I muttered to myself.

 

Onstage, I got acquainted with Kyungsoo who was in charge with the electric guitar, Suho on the acoustic, and Chen on the drums. They told me the guy who was hit by the light bulb was Tao. “He was literally jumping up and down and he hit ‘em with his head,” Kyungsoo said pointing at the string of bulbs hovering a few feet above us. I crunched my forehead, “But that’s like four feet above, don’t you think,” they all laughed. “He’s gigantic, you’d just amount to his waist I bet,” Chen jested, and I rolled my eyes, garnering another fit of laughter from the group.

               

The rehearsal went well, skipping two songs because it was really hard to practice without the bass. Overall, we were about to perform five songs one after another and still we had no bassist. An employee, told us they were about to let the people get inside in a few minutes. “Well ,” Chen grumbled.  

 

Three minutes later, the sea of people started rushing in and still there was no sight of our bassist. We had to dim the lights and go backstage until the owner figures something out. He stayed on the stage frantic, spitting up orders in his loudest voice. Just as I was to exit the stage, I heard someone call my name.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

I turned and saw Luhan with Sehun by the edge of the stage. I grinned at them as they both waved at me. I excused myself and went to their direction.

 

“I thought you won’t come,” I said, punching him on the rib.

 

“Oh don’t get your hopes high. Sehun here wanted to make out in a bar, so we came,” he joked, sticking his tongue out. Sehun laughed hysterically beside him, holding his hand on Luhan’s mouth. I rolled my eyes at them.

 

“So what’s the hold up, sunbae?” Sehun.

 

“We have no bassist. Apparently the supposedly bassist knocked a bulb up there,” I said pointing up onstage.

 

Luhan was the next one to talk, “Jesus, is he a giant or something?”

 

“Damn right,” I said.

 

And then Luhan was strangling my neck with his arms, “You should ask him for advice then, Baek. You know on how to be tall?” I laughed as I remembered the first time I heard him tell me the same words. I fought for my escape when suddenly the three bandmates were back onstage dragging a hooded guy. Suho called my attention and motioned for me to come up soon. I bid the two love birds goodbye and went onstage. I had no time getting to know the new guy because as soon as I climbed up, Suho was telling me to go at the center as the lights shown on us.

 

“Okay dumbos, it’s showtime,” he said. And then Chen chanted.

 

“Three, two, one.”

 

Look at me while you sing.

               

And then I was singing on top of my lungs. The air filled of adrenaline, as the people jumped to the beat of the song. The speakers, blaring loud and hard on my ears, thumping to the beat of my chest. The lights were too bright, and the heat too strong but I drowned them all in as I made love to the microphone in front of me, forgetting everything behind. - forgetting melon popsicles, forgetting daffodils and hyacinths, forgetting sleepless nights, forgetting drunk confessions. It was my voice that mattered; it was me who mattered this time. No more dumb decisions for a best friend who didn’t deserve my compassion. No more him, just me.

               

Four songs down, and it seemed as if the energy hasn’t dissipated.

 

“YOU WANT MORE?”

 

And the crowd went wild. When the noise hushed down, I began talking again. “This time, we’ll take it slow. This song is called “Love Song” by Bumkey and I dedicate this to all the hearts out there, may it be alive and kicking, or alone and bleeding.”

 

I scanned the crowd, hoping to get a glimpse of Chanyeol. Maybe he’s somewhere in the crowd, sandwiched in a sea of flesh. Maybe he’s by the bar, drinking, watching me in the dark. Or maybe he’s leaning on the wall where I saw him cry that night he found out his parents were taking the divorce. Maybe he’s out there somewhere, singing with me from afar. Maybe I’m just too worked up, or truth is, maybe I just really miss him.

 

From behind me, I could hear Suho tapping on the acoustic guitar. I looked directly to the light.

 

One, two, three.

 

I do believe all the love you give,
All of the things you do.

               

I looked at Luhan who was cradled peacefully around Sehun’s arms. They were swaying to the tune of the song looking so perfect. I waved at them and smiled, trying hard not to imagine how it would feel if I was the one being cradled in Chanyeol’s arms.


Love you, Love you.
I’ll keep you safe, don’t you worry.

                

I closed my eyes and thought of Dara and Yixing. Imagining how she’ll end up speechless in front of a surprised Yixing. How romantic the confession would be, under the lights of a ferris wheel as people pass by, looking as if they’re glued in time as life flashes by around them. Thinking about Dara’s blushing and Yixing’s droopy eyes made me smile and I felt light, even contented with my matchmaking expertise.

               

I was about to sing the next verse when.


I wouldn’t leave wanna keep you near,

               

I looked at the crowd who was as confused as me. Someone was singing the song - his voice deep, and soothing. I looked back at my bandmates and saw them smiling at me. I looked at Suho, assuming all this time that he was holding the guitar where the melody was coming from but in his hands was the bass. I turned to the other end of the stage and watched the hooded guy.

 

‘cause I feel the same way too.

                

He was singing the song. It was like he guessed my eyes were on him because he paused from strumming and removed the hood from his face. As if on cue, the lights dimmed as two spotlights shone on both of us. I saw his face, and my mouth fell open.


Love you, Love you.
Want you to know that I’m with you.

 

Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was singing the song.


I will love you and love you and love you.
gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you;
I will please you for all times.

                

He looked scruffy and tired but his voice seemed to drown it all up. His eyes glistened in tears, and his big-toothed grin was back. I stood there awkwardly looking at him as he sang the song. He sang it for me. And all I could make out were sighs from the crowd and the warm wetness that streamed on my face.

               

He stared at me deep in the eyes, smiling as he kept on strumming the guitar. His eyes were teasing. And then he spoke:

               

What are you waiting. Baek? I won’t hit the notes in the next lines,” he said as the crowd started whooping. I rolled my eyes as I blinked away the tears, laughing. How did I end up laughing? I opened my mouth and started singing, fighting back the tears and the quivering of my lips.

 

I don’t wanna lose you and lose you and lose you,
cause I need you, I need you, I need you. So I want you to be my baby.
You’ve got to understand, my love

 

And ever so slowly, he walked towards me. And just like the last time we were singing on the same stage, about letting go and taking chances, he places his forehead on mine and I saw a small tear falling down his face. And then he sang:


You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy.

               

Pretty sure, I was a mess right there and then, but then he chuckled as I hid my face to my hands. “Don’t be ashamed, Baek.” he said.

 

And then he kissed me.

 

On the lips.

 

In front of everybody.

 

I looked at him stunned. When he pulled away, he continued singing, and it was all it took before I buried my face in his chest.


You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, boy.

               

From afar, I could hear the familiar voice of the owner shouting, his voice breaking. “SEE, I TOLD YOU THEY WERE A COUPLE!” And the crowd broke into a fit of applause. But it didn’t matter, nothing else mattered because I was leaning on Chanyeol’s chest, breathing in his familiar musk as I felt his arms wrap around me. The confession didn’t matter, nor how he broke my heart with his words. It all seemed like a lifetime away, too. And as I felt Chanyeol’s lips on my hair, searching, whispering “I love you”, it was all it took for me to let go.

 

Nothing else mattered, except us.

 

 

               

 

 

 

“You’ve been here all this time, right?” I asked, resting my head on his arm as he intertwined our hands. “and you knew Suho, Chen, Kyungsoo, and Tao? Am I right? They’re the locals you practiced with every time you come here. Correct?” I looked at him, and then he laughed. “Am I that obvious?”

               

For the nth time since I met him, I rolled my eyes.

               

We found ourselves sitting under our tree in the park after our performance. It turned out that the town placed the carnival in the park and thankfully we got the privacy of the tree to ourselves.

 

“Perhaps. Perhaps I just had the gut feeling for everything.”

 

“But you didn’t come for me,”

 

“I gave up on you remember? You called me disgusting remember?” I grumbled, lifting myself up to untangle my body from him. I reached out for the paper bag of unsalted popcorn by our side and stuffed some into my mouth.  

 

“Aw. Come here, I’m really sorry,” he said, pulling me back, lifting me by my armpit, making me lose in a fit of giggles.

 

“Chanyeol, no! Not there oh MY GOD,” I begged as he slid his hand into the hollow of my arms. He pursed his lips behind my ear and whispered.

 

“I’ve known you for two years and I never knew this was your weak spot,” he teased as I tried to free myself. “Chanyeol please let me go. Let me go, I give up okay. STOP.” I shouted in between giggles. It wasn’t helping that he kept laughing too. And then he released me, both of us breathless. I poked his rib. “It’s ‘cause you’ve never touched me that way before, you idiot,” I barked.

 

I sat up as he propped himself on the grass with one arm. “You don’t know how much I wanted to touch you that way, Baek,” I gawked at him and saw him wiggle his eyebrows.

 

“You should just have asked me.”

 

“I didn’t want us to be awkward,”

 

I adjusted my seat in front of him, crossing my arms. “Are we awkward right now?” I asked him, biting my lip. “No?” He shook his head.

 

“No.” I raised my arms in the air. “See! You could have just told me you loved me instead of letting ourselves cry on our stupid selves.”

 

He rolled his eyes at me, grinning. “Says the boy who made himself the laughing stock of the school after he showed up in the court crying and full of snot.”

 

“Excuse me? I don’t care about them. At least I told you. Not like you.” I retorted back at him, as the hint of annoyance started to appear in my voice.

 

“Believe me, Baek I’ve tried. The drunk confession? I wasn’t really drunk that time; I poured the bottle of wine outside the window.”

 

“Holy smokes, that was vintage.”

 

“Don’t tell grandma. The paper wedged between my books? The one you thought was for Dara? That afternoon I saw you writing in your diary? I was about to tell you. But then you kept brushing me off so I held back.”

 

“And then you shut me up with the “I am not your girlfriend” talk, followed me home, went to bed with me and asked me why I kept ignoring you. you, you knew it all along, am I correct?” he nodded. “And then you told me ‘of course you’re my best bud’. Don’t you know how much it hurt?”

 

“Well, you kept ignoring me,” he said, chuckling. “I wanted to get back to you, I was also hurt okay?”

 

“But-” and then he put his finger on my lips.

 

“Can you just let me finish my story? I’m trying to explain everything to you. The stunt with telling you Dara was my Maria? It was all because the whole team kept bugging me that we’re dating. I wanted something to distract them. And well, for you to think I wasn’t interested in you. She was the first girl who caught my eye that afternoon when the whole team was checking the girls out. It wasn’t anything serious Baek, I was surprised you didn’t find out that one time in the rain. And when you said you’d be happy if I court her, I took the chance knowing that you were going to be okay with it. At least you’d be happy, even if I wasn’t really interested in her. I thought it was better that way. I’m sorry.”

 

When he finished talking, I let the silence engulf us for a few moments as I took in all the information. All this time, we’ve been hurting just because we wanted the other one to be happy. I took the bag of popcorn and took a handful. Chanyeol opened his mouth and I tossed one in, to his satisfaction.

 

“How about what you said to Kai? Did I really disgust you?” I asked after a while, as we watched the bright lights of the ferris wheel from afar. He took my hand and put it inside the sleeve of his hoodie. “Of course not! I just thought Kai won’t understand.” He said, a whine in between his words.  “By the way, who told you about it?”

 

I side-eyed him, “Yixing. He was in the bathroom with you.” I felt him tense on his seat.

 

“Lay? That son of a .” he cried out as he gripped a handful of grass. He threw them all angrily by our foot. I snorted.

 

“Calm down, he’s a nice guy. He’s been caring for me during the days you were away.”

 

The look he gave me made me laugh instantly. “You like him? Baek,”

 

“Oh come on, Yeol. Leave him alone. Even if he kept asking me for a date, I turned him down. You should be thankful ‘cause he’s dating your ex.”

 

The funny face was back, and I bent back, roaring in laughter. “He’s dating Dara?”

 

“Dara likes him okay? That was the reason he watched basketball in the first place. I made them meet tonight in the carnival. Aren’t you glad?” I asked him as I stretched myself on the grass.

 

“You sure like to manipulate people.” he commented while subtly fitting himself beside me. “I’m quite sure I did it right this time.” I said, sinking back on the grass, huddling beside him. I closed my eyes, and breathed in his scent. He lifted my head and put his arm under it. When I opened my eyes, he was already looking at me.

 

“How’s the divorce going?” I asked. He sighed.

 

“We both know how it ends, Baek. But I decided to stay with mom in the city after graduation.”

 

“That’s good. At least you’ve learned to forgive your mom. How about your dad?”

 

“Nah. I’ll be happy not to see him forever.”

 

“Yeol.” I said, my brows crunching. He heaved out a sigh. “Well, I guess I’ll miss him a bit, too.” And then he cleared his throat.

 

“Listen. I really am sorry, Baek. I was afraid of what others would say. I was afraid you might not reciprocate what I felt. I didn’t want to ruin your life because of me, and hearing everything you said that night, I also want to say sorry I held back. I’m sorry I was your rain.” I felt his hand on my face, brushing back the strands of hair covering my eyes. In reply, I touched the faint stubble growing on his chin. “No, Yeol. You were both my umbrella and the rain.” I said, burying my head closer to his chest. He laughed softly before kissing my forehead.

 

“Then I’m sorry I’m both your umbrella and the rain.”

 

It was then that I realized what love really was. Now – nine days have passed to be exact (Chanyeol kept counting the days) – it feels like I’m living a new lifetime ahead of me. However, instead of a void etching in my chest, I see a future of waking up in the morning to the sound of Chanyeol’s snores. I see afternoons shared with melon popsicles and unsalted popcorn. I see myself walking under the city lights, hand in hand with the one I love, unabashed and uncaring of what other people would think. Love should be shown to the world, not hidden in a small box inside your chest. Because no amount of sacrifice will rival the importance of letting someone know you love them, may it be if they love you back or not. That’s what it is all about - loving unconditionally.

 

I closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep to the sound of Chanyeol’s uneven breathing. “Yeol, I actually meant what I told you that night.” I muffled softly. ”We’ll never be friends again after what you said.”

 

I felt him shiver a little as he let out a low chuckle. “Come on, Baek. I was always your Maria, and you were mine. We never were friends.” He said, planting a kiss on my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know we always were more than that.”

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Well this is goodbye then, friends. I've always loved replaying the thought in my head, trying to decide the outcomes of the story. And here it is, all done for all of you to enjoy. It has been a fun ride of almost five months for this fic and I thank all of you who gave attention to my work. Your comments have always been appreciated even greatly affecting the end I was planning. (Heads up, I was thinking of getting more angsty than this.) But I realized maybe my own feelings were just getting entangled in Chanyeol and Baekhyun's mess. So I ended it this way for all of you. I hope I satisfied your expectations.

Thank you again and I hope this fic will stay with you forever. 

 

Love,

The hardcore BaekYeol fanboy :)

P.S. I might just do a sequel or an epilogue hahahaha idk yet

P.P.S. Baek and Yeol performed Bumkey's Love Song in a radio show before. You might want to check it out :)

P.P.P.S Wow I just realized tomorrow's the fifth monthsary of this fic! I should've waited a bit huhu lol anyway don't mind me