(Fitness) Healthy diet tips

❀ Beauty's Amulet ❀

I'm assuming that most girls would want to keep fit and not go over the average weight so I have prepared some healthy diet tips for all of you. I DO NOT recommend those certain unhealthy ways that some girls use to loose weight which will most likely be bad for their bodies.

So here are some tips I found after some research:

1.Drink plenty of water or calorie-free beverages

There are times when you can confuse thirst as hunger so you end up eating more calories than you should. If you don’t like to drink too much plain water, brew infused tea which has a flavour but no calories.

 

2.Are you really hungry?

Whenever you feel like eating, look for physical signs of hunger. When you’re done eating, you should feel comfortable and not stuffed, bloated or tired. Your stomach is only the size of your fist so it doesn’t take much food to satisfy it.

 

3.Be careful about night-time snacks

Mindless eating often occurs after dinner time when you sit down and relax. You can choose to close down the kitchen at a certain time or eat only low-calorie snacks. After eating a low-calorie snack, try drinking a no-calorie tea.

 

4.Eat several mini-meals

Studies show that people who eat 4-5 meals or snacks per day are able to control their appetite and weight. Divide your daily calories into smaller meals or snacks and enjoy as many of them during the day. Try eating every three to four hours. Dinner should be the last meal you eat; you should finish eating three hours before bedtime.

 

5.Step on the scale daily

If your regular weight increases several days in a row, you should know that you need to cut out some fatty food.

 

6.Do not skip breakfast

Breakfast will energize you for the day and keep your diet in check.

 

7.Nibble

Use the three-bite rule with dessert. Have three small bites and out your fork down. Many say that the slower you eat, you’ll feel full quicker.

 

8.Sleep

Get six to eight hours of sleep each night. Without sleep, the appetite hormone ghrelin increases which will result in weight gain.

 

9.Start with greens

Eat in the correct order. Eat vegetables firs to naturally have more of them and ultimately eat fewer calories.

 

10.Keep a journal

Take notes on what you eat each day.

 

11.Never shop when you are hungry

Always grocery-shop on a full stomach with a written list and a cart.

12.Fill up on fibre and protein

Eat more vegetables, nuts, seeds and lean proteins so you’ll be too full for anything else.

 

13.The apple test

This works on most people. If you’re not hungry enough to eat an apple, you’re not hungry.

 

14.Smaller plates and bowls

Instead of using big plates and bowls, try using smaller sized ones. It’ll help you eat less.

 

15.Never not eat.

Going on a successful diet doesn’t mean you should stop eating. Not eating will actually cause your body to keep the fat inside.


Hope this helps! Stay healthy everyone~~~

 

-woaismiles