✰ 2nd member revealed!

✰ violet stars 〈 story starting. 〉

 

Music

Super Junior's Yesung finally picks a girl over turtles

by kpoppunks, MusicChibi, & kimxbb - October 14, 2013 at 2:17 pm 15999 Views 99 Comments

Following the reveal of upcoming girl group, Violet Stars, SM Entertainment has unveiled the identity of its second member! Catherine Song, who has adopted the stage name Rine, serves as the group's lead rapper and vocalist with a secret talent in beatboxing. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Rine is the daughter of the founders of global pizza chain Pizzazz, and she's already making waves across the internet, gaining fast notoriety as one of the wealthiest members of SM Entertainment despite the company dubbing her "the wallflower next door."

EXO fans may remember Rine from several improptu soup kitchen events hosted alongside D.O, where the two were spotted handing out free pizza to homeless and impoverished people. Furthermore, Super Junior fans instantly deduced the soon-to-debut trainee to be the mystery girl in a photo posted on Instagram by Yesung several months back, in which she had stuffed her head into a rabbit statue's mouth:

It seems the two are good friends, as the Super Junior vocalist had this to say on Twitter following the news: "Young grasshopper, you shall learn a lot on this journey to becoming an idol. I have faith in you. If your debut goes well, which I'm sure it will, let us shellebrate with barbecue." Needless to say, rumors are already circulating that the two are dating despite the 10-year gap between them, with some fans affectionately nicknaming them "the 4D/4 couple", referencing the decade-long age difference as 40 divided by 4.

What do you think? Stay tuned for more updates!


*KPOPPUNKS — WE WEREN'T PLANNING ON RELEASING ANOTHER TEASER SO SOON BUT I FIGURED IT'S MY CHARACTER'S BIRTHDAY TODAY SO WHY NOT??? OK, so caps-lock abuse aside, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ALL OVER AGAIN: we've made the super-important executive decision to move the deadline up again (I'M SORRY, I REALLY AM, BUT THIS IS THE LAST TIME) because we basically have all the apps we need by this point with a whopping 30-something and are raaarin' to get the story started. But! By all means, that doesn't mean we've decided on a complete cast, so don't give up hope if you're still working on your app. ^^ We'd really love to see some more variety with unique and creative cutesy characters, if possible!

The NEW DEADLINE is OCTOBER 20, 11:59 PM EST, and to make up for moving it up again, we WILL be offering special extensions to those who PM us requesting one—but only if you request one by October 18 and have a legitimate reason for needing one (i.e. you were planning on working on the app next Monday because you have an important test to study for all week long and can't get to it beforehand) and aren't just waiting till the very last minute 'cause you're procrastinating and think you should get special treatment, lol.

Okay, that's about it! Sorry for the update spam and... and always having to be the bearer of bad news ;A; oh and extra extra sorry for that super lame, ultra contrived couple name, but it wouldn't be true kpop fashion without some ultra contrived name for something or other, would it?