✰ wikipedia.

✰ violet stars 〈 story starting. 〉


Violet Stars

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The articles presented on this page may contain minor story spoilers as the story progresses. Reader discretion is advised.

Violet Stars is a South Korean girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in early 2013. The six member group consists of Light, Sunbi, Liza, Jae, Younghee, and Rine, and is scheduled to debut in late 2013 alongside EXO with the collaboration track "Bring It All Back."

History

Formed by S.M. Entertainment in early 2013, Violet Stars was upon its reveal marketed to be a female successor to EXO in the same vein as Girls' Generation to Super Junior before it. The group was originally announced to consist of seven members. S.M. Entertainment began revealing the members through teaser photos on October 13, 2013, eventually unveiling Light, Rine, Jae, and Sunbi this way. However, on October 26, 2013, an accidental leak revealed the group's visual, Liza, in advance. Just a day later, it was revealed that a trainee had dropped out of the group at the last minute, reducing the lineup to just six members. S.M. Entertainment announced the dropout along with the identity of the group's final member, Younghee.

The group is currently scheduled to debut with an EXO collaboration on October 31, 2013.

Violet Stars

Background information

Origin

Seoul, South Korea

Genres

K-pop

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

SM Town

Website

Official website

 

Members

Light
Sunbi
Liza
Jae
Younghee
Rine

Light

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joo Younghwang (born February 12, 1991), better known by the stage name Light, is a South Korean singer and the oldest member of upcoming South Korean girl group Violet Stars. She serves as the group's main vocalist.

Biography

Younghwang was born in Mokpo, South Korea on March 22, 1991. The youngest child of parents Joo Yeojin and Joo Jihoo, she was raised as the only daughter in a house with three elder brothers. As a child, she was notoriously hard to discipline due to finding fun in nearly any activity, but she particularly admired singing. Dreaming of becoming a professional vocalist, Younghwang auditioned for S.M. Entertainment, only to be rejected twice, and considered auditioning for JYP Entertainment instead before finally being accepted as a trainee at the age of 18. There, she trained for about 3 years before being placed into Violet Stars and an additional year before debuting.

As a trainee, Younghwang made numerous friends within the company, including Super Junior's Kim Heechul, SHINee's Key, f(x)'s Sulli, EXO, and fellow Violet Stars member Rine.

Trivia

Light is Violet Stars' second shortest member at 162 cm.
Light and bandmate Rine are known as "the bunny twins" due to their shared short stature and large front teeth.
Light is an avid League of Legends player.
She shares a dorm room with Rine.
Her stage persona is "the star of the farm."
Light is currently single and flirting with everyone except Lay (Zhang Yixing) of EXO-M.[citation needed]

Joo Younghwang

Background information

Birth name

Joo Younghwang

Born

February 12, 1991 (age 22)
Mokpo, South Jeolla, South Korea

Occupations

Singer, dancer

Instruments

Vocals

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

Violet Stars
SM Town

Website

Official website

Kwak Sunbi

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kwak Sunbi (born August 16, 1991) is a South Korean rapper and singer, as well as the leader of upcoming South Korean girl group Violet Stars. She is the group's main rapper.

Biography

Sunbi was born in Daegu, South Korea on August 16, 1991. The middle daughter of a grocery store clerk and a hair stylist, she has an older brother and a younger sister. At the age of 12, she began learning to play the guitar, privately taught by Joo Seunghyun, who would eventually become a composer for JYP Entertainment. He taught Sunbi how to rap at age 16, but it wasn't until a year later in early 2006 that she became a trainee at his company, where she trained for the next 4 years.

After being passed up for both Wonder Girls and miss A, Sunbi became discouraged about the possibility of ever debuting under JYP Entertainment, and so when her contract with the company expired in 2010, she left for S.M. Entertainment having been scouted shortly prior. In early 2013, she was finally chosen for Violet Stars.

Trivia

Sunbi is 165 cm tall.
Sunbi's key feature is her long legs.
She shares a dorm room with Liza.
Her stage persona is "the knight."
Currently, she is secretly dating Suho (Kim Joonmyun) of EXO-K.[citation needed]

Kwak Sunbi

Background information

Birth name

Kwak Sunbi

Born

August 16, 1991 (age 22)
Daegu,
South Korea

Occupations

Singer, rapper, dancer

Instruments

Vocals, guitar

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

Violet Stars
SM Town

Website

Official website

Liza

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nah Haneul (born November 17, 1991), better known by her stage name Liza, is an Australian-born South Korean singer and the lead vocalist and visual of upcoming South Korean girl group Violet Stars.

Biography

Haneul was born the younger identical twin to Nah Hyejin on November 11, 1991 in Melbourne, Australia. Her parents, Nah Sungho and Nah Mikyung, are dentists originating from South Korea. Haneul grew up with a love for music and as a teen auditioned for the show choir at her high school, celebrating 3 national championships with the group. It wasn't until halfway through college in 2011 that she flew to Seoul, South Korea to finally audition for S.M. Entertainment, after learning of the company through YouTube. Haneul was immediately accepted and trained for less than 2 years before being placed into Violet Stars, all the while completing her bachelor's degree in botany online.

Trivia

Liza is the second tallest member of Violet Stars at 168 cm.
Liza is rumored to take 10,000 selcas a year.
She had the shortest training period of any Violet Stars member.
She shares a dorm room with Sunbi.
Her stage persona is "the prom queen."
Liza is currently engaged to Australian Noah Anderson and is certainly not interested in Park Chanyeol of EXO-K.[citation needed]

Nah Haneul

Background information

Birth name

Nah Haneul

Born

November 17, 1991 (age 22)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Occupations

Singer, dancer

Instruments

Vocals

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

Violet Stars
SM Town

Website

Official website

Jae

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bang Jaehwa (born June 17, 1992) is an American-born South Korean singer, dancer, and member of upcoming South Korean girl group Violet Stars. Under the stage name Jae, she is the main dancer and a vocalist of her band.

Biography

Jaehwa was born on June 17, 1992 in New York City to an accountant father, Bang Kwangho, and bartender mother, Bang Minki. She is the oldest of two children. As a child, Jaehwa spent much of her time dancing, learning the basics of hip-hop at 8 and eventually breakdancing at 13.

In 2008, she was scouted by S.M. Entertainment for her looks alone, and after a month's persistence that she audition, Jae finally grew fed up and joined the company. Moving with her family to Los Angeles, California, she underwent 5 years of training before being placed into Violet Stars as a last-minute addition just months before debut.

Trivia

Jae is the tallest member of Violet Stars, standing 169 cm tall.
Jae was an extra in the 2008 film Twilight.
Before joining S.M. Entertainment, Jae modeled wigs in New York City.
She's rumored to own over 370 pairs of shoes.
Jae was the last member added to Violet Stars, joining just before debut.
She shares a dorm room with Younghee.
Her stage persona is "the quipster drama queen."
Jae is currently in a monogamous relationship with food and only new friends with Xiumin (Kim Minseok) of EXO-M.[citation needed]

Bang Jaehwa

Background information

Birth name

Bang Jaehwa

Born

June 17, 1992 (age 21)
New York City, New York, U.S.

Occupations

Singer, rapper, dancer

Instruments

Vocals

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

Violet Stars
SM Town

Website

Official website

Choi Younghee

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Choi Younghee (born June 10, 1993) is a South Korean singer and one of six members of upcoming South Korean girl group Violet Stars. She is a lead vocalist in the group.

Biography

Younghee was born in Bucheon, South Korea on June 10, 1993 to a thrift store manager father and a housewife mother. As a child, she was often compared to her mother's friend's child, a tendency which led to her eventual stage persona as "Mom's kid's friend." Younghee was often friendless during her school years, preferring studying to socializing for the most part.

In high school, Younghee joined the school choir, eventually performing a solo at her graduation ceremony in 2011. There, she was scouted by an agent for S.M. Entertainment. However, intending to attend Seoul University, the young graduate declined. It wasn't until later, at the persistence of the scout, that she finally relented and auditioned for the company. Due to hard studying, Younghee trained for less than 2 years before quickly being placed in Violet Stars.

Trivia

Younghee is one of the tallest members of the group at 167 cm.
Younghee was accepted into Seoul University before becoming a trainee for SM Entertainment.
She shares a dorm room with Jaehwa.
Her stage persona is "Mom's friend's kid."
Currently, she is just friends with EXO-K's D.O.[citation needed]

Choi Younghee

Background information

Birth name

Choi Younghee

Born

June 10, 1993 (age 20)
Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do,
South Korea

Occupations

Singer, dancer

Instruments

Vocals

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

Violet Stars
SM Town

Website

Official website

Rine

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Catherine Song (Korean name: Song Miseul; born October 14, 1994) is an American-born South Korean rapper, singer, and the youngest member of upcoming South Korean girl group Violet Stars, better known by the stage name Rine. She serves as the group's lead rapper and vocalist and is also skilled in beatboxing.

Biography

Catherine was born in Los Angeles, California on October 14, 1994, becoming an only child to owners of the global pizza chain Pizzazz. Even as a child, she was financially well-off and attended prestigious private elementary and middle schools, specializing in music and the arts. At the age of 15, she was accepted as a trainee under S.M. Entertainment after her parents paid her way into the company, and she subsequently moved to South Korea to begin training.

Much of her trainee life passed quietly, with the teen not making many friends outside of future bandmate, Light, and gaining something of a negative reputation among fellow trainees, namely for having earned her way into the company through monetary means and for being "antisocial." She trained for roughly 3 years before being placed in Violet Stars and spent another year preparing for debut with the group.

Trivia

Measuring 160 cm tall, Rine is the shortest member of Violet Stars.
Rine and bandmate Light are known as "the bunny twins" due to their shared short stature and large front teeth.
Rine has hosted several soup kitchen events alongside EXO-K's D.O.
She's good friends with Super Junior's Yesung, with fans calling them "the 4D/4 couple."
She shares a dorm room with Light.
Her stage persona is "the wallflower next door."
Currently, she is secretly dating Kris (Wu Yifan) of EXO-M.[citation needed]

Catherine Song

Background information

Birth name

Catherine Song

Born

October 14, 1994 (age 19)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.

Occupations

Singer, rapper, dancer

Instruments

Vocals

Years active

2013–present

Labels

S.M. Entertainment

Associated acts

Violet Stars
SM Town

Website

Official website