Recalling Black Memories

A Soul's Colors

Their breaths were labored as they lugged their hyung over their shoulders, their chests heaving and their legs trembling with effort. They had lost their leader: he was their alpha in a pack or their general in their army. He was their brother and their only lifeline.

 

Chen and Kai stomped through the tunnels, looking for a place to sit and think. They turned the corner and came face to face with Lay and Baekhyun. Lay and Baekhyun’s eyes widened, their stance loosening to a fighting position. Chen shook his head and walked past, setting Kris on the smooth rock bed in the mini cave.

 

Chen set his head on his chest and listened, longing to hear his leader’s heart thrum strong. But all he heard was an echoing silence. He set his head on his forehead and said to Kai, “Why would he do this? He promised…..HE PROMISED. We’ll fall apart without him, Kai. You know we will. He was the brace….the glue that held us up with hope. Now that he’s gone, what do we do?”

 

 Chen’s eyes teared up as Kai settled down beside him, his face giving away his anguish. “We’ll get through this, bro. He’ll have to give him back for us to finish this.” They heard a cough and Chen’s eyes hardened, his tears stopping. He turned and glared. “Go. Away.” Lay stared past him and at Kris, whose face seemed gray and his hair dull, not like the lively blonde it used to be.

 

“What’s wrong with your friend?” Kai stood up and was about to step forward when something, or someone, stepped forward. He stopped abruptly when he saw Suho staring back at him with those sad, gray eyes. “Stop. Let them go. We have more….important things to do.” He hugged Kai briefly and turned to Lay and Baekhyun.

 

“Please leave or we will force you. We let you guys go this time, you better take it. Save us the shame of being seen…..crying in front of you. The others will be here soon and they will not be as merciless. Go.” Suho turned and made it inside the cave before dropping his tough boy look and dropped to his leader’s side. His voice trembled as he spoke. “He did it, didn’t he. He wasn’t bluffing. We can’t do anything without him.” He closed his eyes and put his forehead to his limp, lifeless hand.

 

He started praying. Praying that HE will realize that they can’t do anything without him.

 

Lay and Baekhyun turned top walk out when Sehun and Chanyeol came storming in. Sehun rushed past, his eyes only on the dull body. Chanyeol paused to look at Baekhyun with those silent, sorrow filled eyes. He closed his eyes and shook his head, gesturing that they should go. He stalked solemnly into the cave, turning back just once to stare them out the room.

 

Chanyeol settled down and stared at what was now his leader, his soul taken out by force. They all sat in a circle around him and prayed, recalled what Kris had done for them. He felt the familiar feeling of falling and he was in his memory. That one dreadful, but hope filled day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! i've been driven by my friend, who, is writing a story and makes me feel like i should work hard!!!

So heres the chappie and i hope you like it ^^

*sighs* havent been able to update the other one. urgh *rips out hair*