As sharp as a Rose Bush

A Soul's Colors

 

They all stumbled away from the fountain as they watched the middle collapse inwards, the statue twisting into a set of stairs. They stared, their mouths wide open. They swivelled to Lay, whose warm orange eyes were wide open.

 

“…….I didn’t do anything!!!” He held his hands up in the air. They stared and he let out a sigh. “Ok. Fine. I slid the tile of the door sideways, okay? There. Hmph!” They stared down into the dark, their breaths echoing through the darkness.

 

Xiumin looked up and nudged Luhan. He cleared his throat. “So, what do you guys think we should do?? We can’t stay here like sitting ducks and get captured, but its pretty dark down there and i'm sure this is like a scene from a horror movie. Plus, I’m pretty sure D.O would like to stay with monsters and not that who kissed him, right?” D.O’s face turned beet red and the others turned their attention to him.

 

“Someone kissed you?!” Luhan heard wails of “Our umma is corrupted!!!” and “Imma cut his balls off and feed it to them!!” Luhan clapped his hands together and the sound rang out through the trees and the birds quieted. They all looked toward the woods and heard the sound of hooves, the sound of the……..the Hunt.

 

“The dark stairs it is!!!” Tao turned and launched himself into the darkness, his scream echoing. The stairs ended up to be a slide. Luhan slipped, not knowing they weren’t stairs. He reached out and grabbed Xiumin and Lay. “OMGOMGOMGOMG NOOOOOO Don’t!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG” Luhan freaked out. He felt like his body was being yanked downwards. Xiumin and Lay couldn’t stop the fact that they were sliding toward the black space. Baekhyun and D.O grabbed Xiumin and Lay, and started tugging.

 

“HOW CAN THIS GET ING WORSE?!” The tube started them in, tendrils of ink colored slime reached out and wrapped around them, yanking them in with a scream. “LAY!” “WHAAAT?!” “SHOULDVE SHUT THE UP!!!!!!” and then hole shut up right before Kai and Suho burst through the bushes.

 

Suho hit Kai in the head. “You said you heard them!!! Tch, waste of time.” Kai pouted and rubbed his head. “I heard them! I swear.” They disappeared into the brush, the bushes ruffling, leaving behind the scent of winter and fall. It smothered the smells of the summer and spring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lay grunted as his head hit the stone floor. He squinted his eyes until the adjusted. He cursed and muttered under his breath. He yelped when he felt something elbow him in the . “Baekhyun!! Get your pointy elbow out of my !!” “Get your fatass off my elbow!” 

 

Lay froze when he heard a faint click. Baekhyun kept complaining that he was aching and cramped. Lay nudged him, hard. “Baek…..shut up. We’ve got ing company. Hey fellas! Step out from the left wall and we can talk. I can ing see you.” Lay managed to untangle their limbs, only to have 5 guns aimed at his face. He held his hands up and kicked Baekhyun who was lying beside him. Baekhyun grunted, but didn’t get up.

 

Lay squinted his eyes and kicked him again. “I’M UP! I’M ING UP!!!!” He got up and patted down his clothes, checking his hair. The people holding the guns had amusement in their eyes, but their faces blank. Lay stared at the person in the front of them all. He watched as the person’s face pulled taught with shock and surprise.

 

He dropped his gun and came forward to hug him. “It’s nice to see you again, nephew.” Lay stared blankly at the wall. He recalled what his uncle had told him the day he disappeared. Justice is calling and when in need, push the door of Souls aside. You will find me. A few days after that his mother fell ill and his father disappeared, his shoes and wedding ring sitting in front of the stain glass window and the rose bush.

 

He pulled back, shoving his hands away from his side. He stared coldly at him. “Uncle. Why did you leave? Father disappeared and Mother fell ill. You left without telling me anything!!” He watched as his Uncle stepped forward and touched his face with his left hand. “I’m sorry nephew. I had to go.”

 

Lay nodded and turned to Baekhyun, holding out his hand and hitting his palm with his fist. Then making a wiping gesture, making an “X”. With speed and instinct he never knew he had, he spun around and slammed his fist into the “Uncle’s” face. He hooked his foot at his ankle and flipped him. Baekhyun slid under his legs, grabbing the fallen gun and shot at his chest. The Uncle’s face flickered, showing a gruesome face underneath before exploding into black sparks.

 

Baekhyun turned and shot at the others, reloading in 5 seconds flat. He had learned how to shoot in the summer with his instructor. He had had an interest in weaponry ever since his father left to fight in the army. He never knew it would come in handy. The walls were covered in black muck and spark marks. He dropped the gun, stomping on the barrel and jamming it with rocks.

 

Lay closed his eyes and slid down the wall. Baekhyun’s voice broke the silence. “How did you know it wasn’t Uncle Sungmin?” Lay opened his eyes and he ticked off finger as he went. “One: he used to touch my face with his right hand, not left. He is right handed. Two: He did tell me something before he left. That’s how I opened this place. I just saw the door tile with colors on it and slid it sideways.” Baekhyun shook his head and let out a barking laugh.

 

“You are one sharp rose bush. Let’s go. We have to find the others.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! sorry i've been gone for a while. hope you guys like this chappie. my head has been swarming with ideas lately. OMG Kris and Tao filmed dream team today!!! *squeals* cant wait until they air it on tv!!

comment and subscribe!! and friend me if u want!!