Just for this moment

A Soul's Colors

 

“Well, that was the best fight I have had in a while, am I right girls?” Victoria smiled and nodded. Amber tossed a silver ball at Chanyeol and he disappeared in a burst of sparkle. She turned and glanced at Baekhyun. He turned his face away, his eyes down. She clucked like a mother hen, going to each of them and checking their wounds. Amber turned to them.

 

“Now, why don’t you fellas follow me? F(x), return to head quarters!” She threw down another small crystal ball and it exploded into a blue swirl. They stepped into it one by one. Lay turned to them and nodded. They all stepped into the swirl one by one and disappeared in a plume of light.

 

When they came in through the portal, they were stunned by the places beauty. There were small houses everywhere, grass and flowers blanketing the floor. Fountains and squares were scattered everywhere. Children ran around, laughing and screaming. Adults strolled around with baskets and tools. Teens and people the same age sparred and fought.

 

Xiumin broke out of the trance first. “I smell fooooood!!!!!” He ran, Luhan’s grab for him missing. D.O cursed. “KIM MINSEOK GET YOUR OVER HERE!!!!” D.O ran after him muttering something about making him puke out all the food he eats and making him bow a million times and apologize to the person who cooked it.

 

The others shook their heads and followed a laughing Amber. Lay was about to tell Tao to follow close but he had disappeared also. Lay looked around and found Tao up in a tree napping among the squirrels and birds.

 

 Amber looked over her shoulder and smiled. “Got a handful huh? I know how ya feel. Gotta keep my girls in track sometimes, but I sidetrack to. So they keep me on track also. Don’t be to uptight, you know? Loosen up sometimes. It’s alright to share your burden if they are your true friends. If you hold the weight of the world yourself, you’d be squashed flat, you feel me?” She made a smushing moment as she spoke.

 

As she walked into the main square, they were swarmed with people. Sulli and Amber walked forward, but waved. Luna, Krystal, and Victoria walked into a building that looked like an infirmary. Amber cupped and called out to a tall, curly haired boy. “Yo Zelo!! Call together B.A.P!!! Gotta go retrieve the leader! He’s in the northwest chamber!!!”

 

 Zelo did a salute and waved to them before disappearing in a puff of blue bunny shaped clouds, causing Lay to crack a smile. They surprisingly walked through a statue and appeared in a gigantic room. There were 6 desks with people sitting behind. The man in the middle waved his hand.

 

 “Hiiiii!! My name is Leeteuk! I am the captain of Squad S.J!! This here is Taeyeon captain of Squad G.G. This is Onew captain of Squad SHINee. Don’t let him eat chicken, he’s on chicken diet. This is Sungkyu of Squad Infinite and that chair belongs to Bang Yongguk, captain of squad B.A.P. He has been deployed into the field and will return shortly. And I suppose you know Amber? She is like a leader, but Victoria is really the leader. Victoria has been in a….. emotional state lately. Her boyfriend, Nichkhun, was killed out in the field.

 

So I bet you guys are wondering why you are here- wait a minute. Shouldn’t there be 6 of you guys?” Lay sighed and poked Baekhyun. He rolled his eyes and marched out of the room. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow and Lay smiled and held up one finger in a “hold on” moment.

 

They heard a crash and a loud yell. They heard a screech and Baekhyun burst through the door, dragging a blurry eyed Tao face first. Baekhyun stopped in front of Lay and dropped Tao’s feet. “There. Happy? Broke a nail in the process.” Leeteuk burst into laughter and Sungkyu smiled, Onew laughing along.

 

The whole room silenced as Tao sat up and blinked his cute sleep filled panda eyes. His words slurred, his head still numbed by sleep. “wheeeere aareee weee hyunnnng?” Leeteuk and everyone else started squealing and cooing over how adorable he was.

 

Right at that moment, the door burst open and D.O came in, his face full of disapproval with Xiumin flung over his shoulder. He dropped Xiumin on the floor and dusted off his shoulder. Xiumin stood up, his mouth full of chocolates. Leeteuk and the other’s squeals turned louder, the cuteness taking to be too much for them.

 

Lay leaned against the wall and looked at the scene before him. His friends smiling and laughing. Taeyeon and Leeteuk pinching Tao and Xiumin’s cheeks. And for a moment, he forgot about those sorrow filled gray eyes.