Memories that shouldnt be recalled

A Soul's Colors

Sehun closed his eyes and was met with darkness. He looked around and sighed, his face darkening further. A mirror appeared out of no where and a little boy stared back at him. All he remembers is that he woke up and Kris was watching over him, tending to his wound. Apparently, his “Dad” had smashed a bottle onto his back, pieces of glass jutting out of it.

 

He woke up and his brown eyes were gray and all the life and emotion shrivelled and locked itself inside of him. The only thing that was ever to make him break into laughter or give a hint of laughter was his brothers and his leader. Kris always tried to help them, take the burden of their mistakes and the brute of their punishments.

 

But as they grew older, they all decided that they had to become stronger and take the punishments right there and then. They all changed right with their commitment. Chanyeol’s smiles became rare and Suho’s fatherly personality grew as strong as ever, never taking care of himself. Kai stopped joking around with Chen, their laughs going from bright and cheery to dark and evil sounding.

 

And then there’s me. The person who changed from the beginning. The one deemed to need love and happiness the most. What did we do to deserve this? Is it Fate or were we just in the wrong places at the wrong times? There’s a reason behind everything, but this? It seems like there isn’t a reason at all.

 

All I know is that we don’t deserve this at all, but is saying this going to do anything?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kai watched as his past self ran around, squealing and hopping. He loved to dance. He still does now but it’s been locked away, too much nightmares, blood and scars with it. His yearning for it is just too much, but he used to get beat for showing his love for dancing. Chanyeol got beat for rapping and playing instruments, Kris rapping, Suho singing, Sehun dancing just like him and Chen singing.

 

Their boss said that any show of creativity is not allowed. What a sick twisted man. He flinched as he watched his “Boss” grab him and toss him into a dark, caged room. He used to do that as punishment. No food, Nothing. Said that his body needed it, but his will and soul didn’t.

 

After all, they don’t own their souls anymore. “He” does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

They all opened their eyes and watched, praying for any movement. They could’ve stared for hours, even days. They looked at Suho as he stood up solemnly and walked out. They all got up and followed. They had things to do and plans to come up with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tao let out a yell when he spotted the others. He ran forward and crushed them all into one big bear hug, smushing Xiumin’s head in the middle. They told their parts of the story, eager to arrive at their destination. They watched as a lone tear fell down Xiumin’s face. “Looks like he’s sane again. Why are you crying?” They watched as Xiumin sat up and rubbed his face. “What those guys are going through. I can imagine how I’d be if I lost one of you guys. Something happened to them and I vaguely remember them letting us go to get to their leader. They’d do anything for him just like any of us would do for one of us. It’s just so sad and it’s terrifying.”

 

They all stared at the ground sadly and nodded. Everything he said applied to them all. Each and every one of them. Lay looked up and bit his lip before saying, “I know where we have to go.” Everyone looked up, their eyes clearing up a bit. “We have to go to the very center and lowest level. There we will find a door and we’ll have to do something to get in. they’ll explain everything later. Do not question the path we have chosen. There isn’t room for pitying ourselves and crying.”

 

They all nodded, trying to steel themselves for what is to come. Lay stood up, dusting himself off. “Come one. Let’s go.” They all patted each other in the back and muttered prayers before marching on.