67*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Mrs. Han’s expression was stern and unforgiving.  She shot her icy gaze at every Dealer who had a Warrior currently Summoned.  Their Warriors where back in their Cards in seconds before she moved on to the next student.  Her eyes finally found their way to me, her gaze piercing me but I wasn’t going to send Lay back, and it would only take her another few seconds to realize I was the kid she ‘saved’ the other day.

  Like I thought her eyes softened and she nodded her head before walking over.  She crouched down in front of me, “Are you feeling better today?”

  I smiled weakly, “Enough to show up and watch.”

  “If you need to leave just let me know.”  With that she got back up, her eyes hardening as she looked back at the other students.  She was just as strict as she looked, and she made her position known.  “During school hours students are not allowed to Summon their Warriors without being told to do so, did all of you seem to forget that rule.”

  The whole class was left without words and I was just silently laughing.  I knew that rule and was really hoping no one would point it out to me so I couldn’t have Lay or the others around.  Seems like Mrs. Han cleared things up for me so I could have one of them with me.

  After she scolded them for a good five minutes about following the rules she finally managed to introduce herself to the class.  “I am Mrs. Han, training instructor and field expert in charge of third year students.  Your instructor won’t be coming for a few days, so you will have me instead.”

  Groans were heard from the whole class.  Key was hard enough on them, I can’t wait to see how Mrs. Han will deal with them.  “What happened to Mr. Kim?”  One of the female students asked, crestfallen that he wouldn’t be showing up.

  She glanced at me for the fastest of seconds, “He broke a very important rule here at the Academy, so he is taking some time off to fix what he did.” 

  So he’s out because of me, what joy if the others find out.  But I wasn’t my fault he decided to start swinging that stick at me, he chose to do that – the reason I can’t say – and he will have to take what he gets for doing that.  It was pretty clear he wasn’t expecting to get caught; if he thought so he wouldn’t have tried that stunt I’m sure.

  “Are you just going to sit and watch?”  Lay asked me silently.

  “Yeah, I want to see what I’m looking forward to when I come back.”  I sighed.  I’m glad I’m taking a break but with the school competition in a week and five days I needed all the training I could get, and I still haven’t chosen what I was going to sign up for yet.  For now I had to heal before I did anything else.

  Mrs. Han had the students spread out all over the park, no one close to each other and stand there not moving.  She came to stand closer to me before summoning two of her Warriors.  She didn’t talk loud enough for me to hear, but I didn’t wait that long to see what she had told them to do.

  In front of us and around all the other students a giant maze shot out of the ground and was well over seven feet high.  A single opening was in front of where we stood.  “Your job is to get out of the maze.”  She shouted loud enough I was sure everyone heard her, “Your time starts now.  The faster you get out the greater the reward.”  She turned back to her Warriors, “Chair.”  She snapped and a simple earth chair grew behind her.

  I looked back at Lay, “We aren’t missing all that much.”

  “No you aren’t.  Shall we continue with the show?”

  “Please.”  And with my affirmed response the little water jets started shooting up from the ground again.  It was fun watching the way the water sparkled in the light and cast rainbows on the ground.

  Lay and I just talked and joked around as we sat on the glass.  Mrs. Han had her two Warriors on either side of her as she watched the exit of the maze a bundle on timers in her hand.  If I was counting correctly there was one for every student that was in the maze currently.

  “Can I ask you a question, Miss. Rouge?”  Mrs. Han asked me suddenly.

  “Um . . . Yeah.”  I’m rather confused as to why she wants to ask me something; I haven’t really been doing anything.

  “How many Warriors do you have?”

  Well that was quite random.  I was expecting something along the lines of how I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter