66*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  The warm feeling I got at first, the same on with Chanyeol, shifted and changed into something else, something that wasn’t so warm.  Shocks, electric shocks ran through my body.  Down each nerve, across every synapse.  Nothing painful, but shocking.  All puns intended.  

  And it wasn’t just the shocks running through my body that had me worried.  No, the shocks were bad enough and they were fading the longer the red glow was absorbed into me but that wasn’t the only shocking thing happening.  The last five new Claimings have been normal in the craziest way I guess, but this one was way different.  Not like the others at all.

  With the first five Cards, I got feeling that had something to do with their Specialties warmth, strength, care, soothing, and breezy but Chen’s is nothing like that at all.  The shocks are a clear sign that this is not the same.  I couldn’t move because of my back and the electric shocks were doing nothing to help the pain, nothing like the soothing and calming feelings the others gave me. 

  What was so different about this Card this time?  And I didn’t have to wait to long to find something else that would add to the craziness of the mystery of this Card.  Chen’s Card, as crazy as it seems, changed.  His picture went from him standing with flames descending form the Sky to something that isn’t fire.

  Face showing all the shock I felt I watched the picture warp and change.  Dark skies as a backdrop with Chen standing in the center, his right hand slightly raised palm to the sky.  And no fire in the back, no, now there are bolts of lighting streaking the sky and one bolt landing on the ground at his feet on the left side.

  I blinked as I looked at the Card.  What the heck just happened?  Why did his Card change like this?  I had to look at it closely for five minutes before determining that I wasn’t crazy and what I was seeing was real.  It was rather hard to believe that I wasn’t hallucinating his Card changing and it had actually changed like this.

  His Card changing only made me think of when the sky changed.  Fast and unexpected.  No warning and with the strangest of circumstances.  It is hard to believe at first but would become more believable as time went on.  I hope at least I will soon figure out the reason behind the Card changing.

  But that was for another day, another time.

  My focus now is healing and getting back to my original heath and state of being.  I don’t like having to lay down and relax all the time.  I can deal with Chen’s creepy Card later, I’m too exhausted from the insane day I just had, my injury and now the depletion of my energy from whatever I was doing to the Cards.

  I need more rest if I want anything good to come out in the end.  Tucking the Cards away I put them beside my head and let my mind drift off into nothing as sleep overcame me.

 

  Moving hurts, more than I thought it would.  When I got up this morning Lay insisted in cleaning the gash and changing the dressings witch wasn’t all that bad.  Changing into clothes wasn’t that hard either, sitting and eating breakfast wasn’t a problem.

  Moving to my classes was the hard part.  My muscles were sore and stiff, my body bruised and throbbing if I put to much pressure on some parts.  Worst of all, my back did not like the strenuous movements of holding myself upright and the motion of walking.

  Even having Lay with me wasn’t proving to do anything.  He would support me when I needed it and would be there to catch me if my legs started getting weak.  But he couldn’t touch my back, which was proving to be something hard to get around.  He never did touch it or cause me any more pain, but it was a difficult obstacle to overcome as he walked me to class.

  The two of us gained so many curious and shocked looks as we went down the streets.  I had mastered the art of walking so it looked like nothing was wrong, Lay, though, wouldn’t let go of my arm, which I wasn’t complaining about yet.  But because of that kids would trail us with their eyes as we went by, no doubt curious what was going on.

  Stairs didn’t like me and I didn’t like them.  Each step I took up the stairs sent currents of pain up my leg and through my back, I tried to hold back every wince after each step closer to the top.  Times like this I wish Luhan could just float me up, but I didn’t want to have more than one Warrior trailing me all day, too much attention would be drawn.  Not like I wasn’t drawing enough attention as it was now.  I just don’t want more, what I have is enough.

  “Are you sure you don’t want to Summon Luhan, it would be so much better if you would.”  Lay said to me as we reached the half way point.

  I grit my teeth as I took another step, “I’ll be fine, Lay, I need to get used to this.  And it isn’t that bad, really.”

  “Then at least let me carr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter