61*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

  I decided to make dinner before I kissed Luhan’s Card, but I didn’t get any feelings from it this time.  After I made it clear to myself that I wanted nothing to do with the power I was being promised with the new bonds, I felt nothing new when Luhan’s new bond was created with me.  No new feelings, the promise of unlimited power didn’t even show again.

  And I was rather relieved about that fact.  When I look back on the feeling it only makes my stomach churn in disgust.  There was something about kissing their Cards while they were Summoned that just seemed odd and made me a little curious as to why these bonds were forming.

  But I didn’t let it plague my mind, so long as it caused no harm to the boys I wasn’t going to complain.  If this didn’t harm them in any way then I wasn’t going to stop until I had done it to each one of them.  Something told me it was the right thing to do and I wanted to listen to that voice.

  The other reason I listened to it was because it promised to fix whatever was wrong with Tao’s bond to me.  It was still shaking and looked like it was close to breaking, but I didn’t know what else to do about it.  I wanted to kiss his Card now and see what it would do but that felt like a bad idea.  I had to do this in Claiming order, I just knew I had to do it that way.

  But neither could I do them all at once.  Even after just doing the three boys I was starting to feel fatigued, like it was affecting me.  Draining me.  It was tiring and I don’t know why.  That’s why I took that break to make dinner before trying with Luhan’s Card and the same thing happened.

  The glow came back to his Card as I held it in my hand and when I kissed it the glow traveled along my entire body before sinking into my soul.  The bond formed and then everything was back to normal.  I was glad that feeling of power I got was gone now; it only made me feel sick.

  Putting Luhan’s Card away again I finished getting dinner on the table before going to call the boys in.  They had stayed outside the whole time, I would have thought they would have made their way to the living room.

  After I called them they started to make their way back towards the house and into the dinning room.  I took my seat at the head of the table and let the twelve boys find seats around the rest of the table, Kris ended up taking the seat across from me.  The farthest he could get.  Figures.

  “Eat up, it’s been a long day.”  I said to them, waiting for them to start before I did.

  One by one they each served themselves and started eating, no words were really said as we ate.  It wasn’t exactly awkward, but I can’t say it was either.  The silence covered us and was getting a little suffocating by the second.

  Suho finally broke the silence, “What did you do all day, Sky?”

  I thought about it a second.  I wasn’t going to tell them I was kissing their Cards, no that would tip them off to something, I can’t be sure what but I knew I couldn’t tell them.  I wasn’t going to lie to them either.

  “I was reading up on the Dealer history in the library.”  I told them honestly.  I had been doing a little research on the history of Dealers.  Ever since we learned about the Royals and the EXO Cards I couldn’t help but look into the history a little more.  There was something fascinating about it.

  Recently a lot of questions have been floating thought my head.  All of them about me, in particular.  I knew nothing about how I got here and where I got the ability to be a Dealer from.  I was pretty sure my parents weren’t Dealers for a few reasons; one being the fact that they never told me about any of this.  Two, I never saw Cards around the house and I never saw them Summon any Warriors.

  We were a pretty normal family, so where did I fit in in all of this.  I was hoping maybe looking in to the history behind Dealers I might find something that would help me, but so far nothing has come up.

  Another question was why the heck I was given this giant house.  What did I do to get this?  What reason was there behind me getting this house?  Why was I so special?  I was given no answers to these questions and that only bothered me more.

  “Learn anything new?”  Chen asked casually keeping the conversation going.

  I shook my head, “Nothing I didn’t know already.”  I sighed, “What did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter