41*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Over the past few weeks I have gotten closer to each of the boys.  The atmosphere around the house is so much lighter, and it’s easy to joke around with the ten boys.

  Chanyeol had gotten back to the same old him.  He would smile that goofy grin of his and try and make me smile, with every thing he had, all the time.  He put more effort into training then he had before and was serious when it came to my training.  He wasn’t afraid to call it quits when I even looked tired and I couldn’t stop him much since that would mean no more training for me, at all.

  D.O has become something like a mother to our crazy family.  He nags at us to clean up and gets frustrated when we leave something out of place.  He has become the house cook since I’m not very good at it, and the others just let him do his thing in the kitchen.  No one has destroyed the lawn since he exploded at Luhan; I was a little scared to see his reaction again if we did do something.

  Luhan, well, he has been more open.  Ever since we started training together he has gotten more comfortable with me, and will talk more.  It’s really nice, the two of us can just sit and talk about what’s on our minds; for me it’s school and the boys, and for him it’s life here and the boys.

  Suho has changed a lot.  He isn’t strict about how things are supposed to be done anymore.  He has let himself loose a little and opened up.  He’ll use his powers without me having to tell him, he smiles more and sometimes joins in on the bantering with the others.  I know he still feels bad about when he didn’t do anything sooner when we first met, but I’m hoping the better times help block it away.

  Sehun is still a bundle of energy and loves to cling to me whenever we go out around the city.  He doesn’t like people brushing against him in public, but doesn’t mind much if it’s one of us, only strangers he will shy away from.  He’s improved so much in training that he now can do combination attacks without moving like his Hyungs, when he said in the beginning that he couldn’t.  Sehun and Luhan are pretty close to each other, so if I’m busy and he needs someone to talk to, he will go find Luhan.  It’s really quite cute.

  Chen loves to have fun and to talk.  He was quieter at first, but getting to know him a little more I realized that he loves to talk to someone.  Chen came when I couldn’t speak but it didn’t seem to be of much of an issue.  He was able to help Suho open up a little when he came, and for that I was grateful.  I was grateful to all of them for helping me when I needed the help I wasn’t always willing to ask for.  Even if our first meeting wasn’t the best, it was better than with Luhan.

  Kai.  Kai and his ever-present smirks.  I don’t know how much of them I was going to be able to handle.  Every time he flashed me that smirk of his I would internally melt and get lost in them.  He was protective and knew what he was doing all the time.  He was strong and he utilized that fact as much as he could during training.  He was one of the youngest apparently; he likes to try and use that fact to get what he wants, and it worked most of the time.  I’m going to need to work on saying ‘no’ to these boys.  I really am.

  Baekhyun was kind and funny.  He’s started to see me not as a Dealer that owns him and everything he does, but as a friend that cares about him.  At first I thought he might be as bad as Suho was, but once he saw that I really did mean well, he softened up and let himself open up to me.  He started to laugh and joke around.  Him and Chanyeol would banter all the time over useless things, and just like his best friend he would try to get me to smile.

  Xiumin, he was a little tougher to crack than I originally thought.  He has opened up to me, but he is still holding a part of himself back, the others may not have noticed, but there was still a piece of his walls up.  I could see it every time I looked into his eyes.  He was kind and he cared about the boys and myself as well, but he wasn’t ready to let go and give in to the feelings I knew he felt.  He was scared of something and I don’t know what it is, but I want to help him with it as much as I can.  I don’t want any of them to have to suffer alone.

  And last but not least, Lay.  Lay was quiet, but it wasn’t like he was trying to distance himself, it was his way of doing things.  He watched more than anything else, calculated what was going on around him before taking any action.  He was the peace in the group, he wasn’t bouncy and crazy and he wasn’t pulled back and isolated.  He found a spot in the middle and it suited him perfectly. 

  These were my friends; each of them meant something to me.  Sometimes I think they might be more than friends in my heart, but I would shake that feeling off.  They are like family and I would have to remember that, but I cared of all of them equally and I couldn’t lose any of them.  Losing one of them would break my heart.  And if I ever found more Cards, I would feel the same about them.  These Warriors are a part of my life now, and I never want them to leave the life we are living together.

  Classes are fun, but there is lots of history that we need to remember for the exams in a month.  The school wide competition was in a month and I was excited.  Sign up for the different categories went up a week before the Competition day and from what I’ve over heard, anyone participating in the Dual Combat category has to talk with one of the administrative heads to gain permission.  That sign up list in kept in the main office by one of the school heads and is not revealed until the day when you are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter